What are you building? (Club style)

a49959d1f47fb8d628c6d009e17c74e4.jpg

It ended up 75 yards down range!!!

All repaired now, just waiting on the epoxy to go off..

470d7521dcaa81c6c0232cf62b319aed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just pulled Tour 90's out of V4's.

Hmmm...could get interesting! What do you got planned bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm...could get interesting! What do you got planned bud?

Nothing for a bit w/ the iE1 review starting up. Eventually though, likely the DG Pro's + original masters grips out of the VPC then those heads will probably look for a new home finally.

I wish luck to all comers as it pertains to supplanting the XRP full time, but I like having a tinker-around set or two. Hahahaha

I've got a RIP Phenom on the way to me that I got in a trade and am going to try in my bio cell. I know I need to prep the adapter and shaft but haven't yet purchased any epoxy. I've done some searching on here and other sites as well and have read mixed reviews on whether there is any type of epoxy I could purchase at lowes instead of ordering and paying shipping on. I have no problem ordering some if needed but only need a very small amount and would be wasting any extra I have. Brampton 20/20 is what I had been looking at on ebay. Thanks for any help.

You can use epoxy from the hardware store. My driver and 4 iron were done with epoxy from the hardware store and the only problem i can report is the clubs hitting the ball somewhere other than where i wanted.

Most epoxy failures come down to user error: either not mixing sufficiently, not using correct ratios of resin and hardener, or not allowing the epoxy to fully cure before use. The time on the package is the set time, which is how long it takes for it to get strong enough to keep the joint together on its own. Full cure is a minimum 24 hours, so give yourself plenty of time before you need the club back in play. Follow directions, work deliberately, and be generous with the epoxy and you should have success.

Forgot to mention poor surface prep in the list of user errors. Get all old epoxy of the shaft and out of the hosel, and out of the end of the shaft. Use sandpaper to clean up and rough up the mating surfaces... It will give the epoxy some extra grip surface.

Last edited:
You can use epoxy from the hardware store. My driver and 4 iron were done with epoxy from the hardware store and the only problem i can report is the clubs hitting the ball somewhere other than where i wanted.

Most epoxy failures come down to user error: either not mixing sufficiently, not using correct ratios of resin and hardener, or not allowing the epoxy to fully cure before use. The time on the package is the set time, which is how long it takes for it to get strong enough to keep the joint together on its own. Full cure is a minimum 24 hours, so give yourself plenty of time before you need the club back in play. Follow directions, work deliberately, and be generous with the epoxy and you should have success.

Forgot to mention poor surface prep in the list of user errors. Get all old epoxy of the shaft and out of the hosel, and out of the end of the shaft. Use sandpaper to clean up and rough up the mating surfaces... It will give the epoxy some extra grip surface.
Thanks. I actually got a chance to go by pga superstore while on a trip today and got some. I will make sure and prep the shaft and adapter well and will let it cure for a day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Gonna cut 1/2 off my driver which will change swing weight from d4 to d0

Over the weekend I pulled the shaft from an older Titleist driver and put it in my TEE XRail 4 Wood to make a home grown version of a heavenwood. Last night I used it to launch a ball into the neighboring woods. This thing looks promising.

Put an adapter on a RIP phenom for my bio cell.

Finally installed the iRoD 95F5 in the XR 6hybrid. So, so, so, so much fun ahead. #Goodbye5iron

Finally installed the iRoD 95F5 in the XR 6hybrid. So, so, so, so much fun ahead. #Goodbye5iron

Curious to see how this plays for you. Wonder how close this combo plays to Big Bertha 5i. Got to similar but mor control with XR

Going to be building up some Apex heads tomorrow with probably tour V.. Can't decide on X or Stiff right now....

Then probably going to put the other option into the XR Pro's to see if they can get even better. Shafts have been cleaned and prepped tonight. Tomorrow it's all green light.

Going to be building up some Apex heads tomorrow with probably tour V.. Can't decide on X or Stiff right now....

Then probably going to put the other option into the XR Pro's to see if they can get even better. Shafts have been cleaned and prepped tonight. Tomorrow it's all green light.
Go Apex! There so buttery, wish someone who's close to me still had them

Haha tour v in everything!

Go Apex! There so buttery, wish someone who's close to me still had them

Oh yeah, I just can't decide whether to put the Tour V "X" in the apex or the XR Pro heads.

Haha tour v in everything!

basically. I think I have 4 sets of tour V's at my house right now hahaha

Oh yeah, I just can't decide whether to put the Tour V "X" in the apex or the XR Pro heads.

basically. I think I have 4 sets of tour V's at my house right now hahaha

Put the x in heavier heads

Put the x in heavier heads

I think my plan is to put them into the XR Pro heads. Will be moving the stiff into the Apex and then hopefully yank them in favour of Recoil 110 protos if I can ever find them for a decent price.

The v4s are shaftless now and I'm just not sure what direction to take them, or if I need to to be honest, I don't want them to just sit more often than not like I know they will.

I hate being an addict.

as accomplished of a player as you are, i'm curious about your decision to have a 6i as your longest iron. what do you hit for punch shots if you have to go under some trees? can you flight your 6i down that much, or can you flight your hybos down? and i know you post a lot about playing in the wind, so also curious about punch shots.

as accomplished of a player as you are, i'm curious about your decision to have a 6i as your longest iron. what do you hit for punch shots if you have to go under some trees? can you flight your 6i down that much, or can you flight your hybos down? and i know you post a lot about playing in the wind, so also curious about punch shots.
I can flight anything in the bag down, it's one of those things I've never understood people having issues with honestly, and it's a necessity here. Play it back, abbreviate the finish, voila.

Just as easy to punch out a 6 as a 4 or 5.

I can flight anything in the bag down, it's one of those things I've never understood people having issues with honestly, and it's a necessity here. Play it back, abbreviate the finish, voila.

Just as easy to punch out a 6 as a 4 or 5.

thanks for the response. I had a playing lesson and found myself needing to flight down my 5i (longest iron). I didn't flight it down enough and caught the tree, and my instructor said that's why he would advise keeping a 4i in the bag, just for those situations. he said it's putting too much pressure on the shot. conversely, it seems like a bad idea to keep something in the bag that serves no purpose other than hitting an occasional punch shot. so I tend to agree with you. thanks again!

he's just copying my setup. Has been for years:alien:

he's just copying my setup. Has been for years:alien:
I have to, you live too far away for me to keep the 3i in the bag, its too hard to get my motivational talks to hit it.

Seriously though, dropping the 5i is something I've wanted to do for some time now. Thank you xr 6hy.

Back