What are you building? (Club style)

If you have a head for the adapter on the snapped shaft, just put the head on and heat so you can get some better leverage to spin it off... I realize you wouldn't do this on a good shaft but you should be able to get it this way... A few months ago I traded a Rogue silver for a Rogue black and when the black got to me, it was completely split in two pieces... All I could do was save the OEM Titleist adapter and thats how I got it off. Using it on a Proforce V2 now.

That is a great tip. Going to try this.

Matt try Cell Parts manufacturing and Grail golf for ferrules. Cell parts is a great supplier.

Putting the epon carbon style ferrules on my ap2's!

How do you guys get iron heads off steel shafts? I know with heat but what do you use?

You can use a torch or heat gun. Either will work fine and both have their followers.

JM

Matt try Cell Parts manufacturing and Grail golf for ferrules. Cell parts is a great supplier.

Cell Parts is awesome!!! Just got some silver collared ferrules for my 745s. Put my PX 5.5 flighteds in these heads as I have been trying a bunch of different shafts to get it right. Back to the ol faithful PX. Feel is outstanding for me.

I used to use Grail Golf, but I ordered some ferrules over the holidays for around $7 and they never made it to my door. They were unwilling to do anything to help me. No refund, no new ferrules... Granted, I know they are in business to make money but I have purchased many times from them and this time around really pissed me off... I hope they bought themselves something nice for $7.

Just as an example, I bought a knockoff 910 driver adapter from another company a few months back as well... I needed it to be .350 since that's the driver shaft I had so I bought from whoever had it at the cheapest price. When I put it on the shaft, I noticed that the cog would slip every so slightly. I emailed them a picture and asked if they ever had any issues with them breaking off or seriously slipping... they didn't ask any questions and sent me a new one at no charge a few days later... I don't have any use for it, but I thought that was an awesome way to treat a customer.... I wish I had a better story about grail golf. I will gladly pay more to use Cell Parts from now on.

How do you guys get iron heads off steel shafts? I know with heat but what do you use?

Used to use a heat gun, and it works, but a torch is 1000 times better. I pulled two sets of heads in about 10 minutes the other day. Now I only use the heat gun if I need to move the ferrule.

So I had this great idea of making the mxm 1w a plumbers neck... pulled the shafts off of my 1w and a milled collection sx 7. Then realized the half shaft offset in the 1w is created by the spud on the head having some forward lean. Project came to a quick screeching halt lol. Now trying to see if anyone can bend the spud straight up and down...
838b1a3d355d79680bd768a6ce4763ba.jpg

So I had this great idea of making the mxm 1w a plumbers neck... pulled the shafts off of my 1w and a milled collection sx 7. Then realized the half shaft offset in the 1w is created by the spud on the head having some forward lean. Project came to a quick screeching halt lol. Now trying to see if anyone can bend the spud straight up and down...

Pull out that Butane torch and a pair of pliers and have at it Kang!

Pull out that Butane torch and a pair of pliers and have at it Kang!
Haha perhaps... for now I'll just put things back as they were until I get some more professional opinions... another thought is to have a friend cut it and weld it back on straight. Then I'd probably have to send it out to be refinished

Someone should be able to do it Kang, might take some sweet talking, but I think it can be done.

Someone should be able to do it Kang, might take some sweet talking, but I think it can be done.
Just trying to decide what is the best course of action. Would love to get this pn on the 1w properly

By sweet talking you mean credit card right

Just trying to decide what is the best course of action. Would love to get this pn on the 1w properly

You could always contact Tom Slighter and see what he would charge to put a true PN on it too. Best out there in jobs like that, he's phenomenal.

You could always contact Tom Slighter and see what he would charge to put a true PN on it too. Best out there in jobs like that, he's phenomenal.
I've heard his name numerous times. I may just do that

I've heard his name numerous times. I may just do that

PHENOMENAL. Best I have ever seen at fabrication on putters.

PHENOMENAL. Best I have ever seen at fabrication on putters.
Shot off an email. Now to see what he says...

Whole lotta re-shaftin goin on!

53e1323d03a72a539fa8190bceb6d59e_zpsjzvyhgfp.jpg

JM

7w: TEE XCG7 21 / UST Elements Fire 9F5 (x) I am building a stable TEE head with good MOI and paring it with a 98g shaft. My goal is a forgiving head with a shaft that hits high n straight. Specifically for Par 3's and Fw approach shots. No Hybrid Hooky hooky! I sweep pick FW woods and don't want to change my swing to hit down with a peanut. See how it goes

J15 DPF irons paired up with the Project X 6.0 graphite shafts. Unless I decide to go the C200 route.

Whats the type of torch you guys use? Is it just like a handheld gas bottle thing?

Whats the type of torch you guys use? Is it just like a handheld gas bottle thing?
I use an electric heat gun. Sure, it's slower, but ive not scorched a head or bubbled paint in years now.

Google BernzOmatic. That's what I use on irons. If I do get any discoloration it's pretty simple to polish the iron again.

For woods it's a heat gun every time. Too easy to mess up one with a flame.

Really, a torch is just a tool for the impatient. The heat gun will do the job, just in a bit more time.

I did some deconstructing and building last night. Pulled my tour V stiff shafts out of AMart's Apex and moved them into a borrowed set of Apex Pro 16 irons to see if they are magical. Something about that iron shaft that just works for me. Then pulled a Callaway tip off a HZRDUS Yellow and put on a Cobra tip for the LTD.

Here's hoping the setup this weekend is perfection.

Back