What are you building? (Club style)

I did some deconstructing and building last night. Pulled my tour V stiff shafts out of AMart's Apex and moved them into a borrowed set of Apex Pro 16 irons to see if they are magical. Something about that iron shaft that just works for me. Then pulled a Callaway tip off a HZRDUS Yellow and put on a Cobra tip for the LTD.

Here's hoping the setup this weekend is perfection.

Quite the projects you have on your hands.

Stripping and re-doing the paint fill on the Cleveland Black CB's. Never before seen paint fill come out so easily without any chemicals.

Regrip on Heavenwood, Hybrids, and Driver coming up!

Quoting my post from the SS thread, just put the finishing touches on my new putter. Picked up a Nike Method Core mc04w (#1W style), extended it to 35in, blacked out the shaft with shrink tube and installed the new grip. Now just going to play around with the back weight and see what feels best.

Just got the new Pistol GT Tour in and slapped it on my mc04w. Thought I'd put some pictures up comparing it against the Flatso Ultra.

Edit: putting the pics in spoilers because they uploaded HUGE.

Spoiler

7d65b64ddc90009c21b622672619f8c3.jpg

8f585521c588671b6c8a800eaa5050ac.jpg

32805071d3b00540e0f39513a94dae93.jpg

I'm already loving it after just a few putts on the birdieball. I did not install the counter core weight while I wait for the solvent to dry, but it will definitely need some back weighting. The good news is, I think it will fit the tour lock pro weights so I can play around with different weights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cutting down and regripping my Milled Collection 6M to play at 35".

Just paired some 2013 OnOff forged heads with MRC OT i85 shafts.

Next is a Wishon S2R -1 Putter with a Nippon putter shaft and one of these new grips from Lamkin. Maybe it will get a Tupper putter grip.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Decided to build another Wishon S2R -1 Putter. Paired it this time with a UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered putter shaft and a Tupper Golf putter grip.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

7w: TEE XCG7 21 / UST Elements Fire 9F5 (x) I am building a stable TEE head with good MOI and paring it with a 98g shaft. My goal is a forgiving head with a shaft that hits high n straight. Specifically for Par 3's and Fw approach shots. No Hybrid Hooky hooky! I sweep pick FW woods and don't want to change my swing to hit down with a peanut. See how it goes

This set up today was very nice at the range...shot after shot was a high draw to land soft, I thought the xcg7 head a little big to my eye yet turf interaction was fine. The forgiveness of the head is amazing. I got this idea after watching my wife stripe a xgc7 5w all day every day for the last few years...
I tipped it 1.5 inches to 287cpm at 41.5 D3.5. Its a very nice set up.

Last edited:
So if I wanna take off and put grips on with air, what's a good PSI to use?

Really depends on the grip. Some grips are easily blown. Start lower then gradually move up. If it's a superstroke you can have at it

Really depends on the grip. Some grips are easily blown. Start lower then gradually move up. If it's a superstroke you can have at it
Awesome. that's what I was gonna try. One will be a SS.

So once I get the grip off do I need to use double sided tape? or just masking tape?

If I do grips on my irons and woods with air will I need to use double sided tape? Or will masking tape be OK for those as well?

Sorry for all the questions but new to the compressed air. haha

So once I get the grip off do I need to use double sided tape? or just masking tape?

If I do grips on my irons and woods with air will I need to use double sided tape? Or will masking tape be OK for those as well?

Sorry for all the questions but new to the compressed air. haha
I use 2" painters tape. If it's 580 core grip I do 1 wrap. 600 core I use 2 wraps

I find with regular grips I start around 50 psi and with SuperStroke I'm up around 70-90.

I use 2" painters tape. If it's 580 core grip I do 1 wrap. 600 core I use 2 wraps
And that will hold for all grips? not just putter grips?
I find with regular grips I start around 50 psi and with SuperStroke I'm up around 70-90.
I was right around 70 psi for my Lamkin UTx and I couldn't even budge the SS so I just cut it. wasn't planning on saving it anyways.

I was right around 70 psi for my Lamkin UTx and I couldn't even budge the SS so I just cut it. wasn't planning on saving it anyways.
I've never had a swinging grip move on me. Putter grips I put a bit more wraps since I like a bit bigger grip on putters

I've never had a swinging grip move on me. Putter grips I put a bit more wraps since I like a bit bigger grip on putters
That's what I just did. Put 3 wraps on my putter and it went on really easy.

I'll give it a try for my regular grips sometime but for now it's so much easier getting putter grips on and off. I like it.

If you're pulling a SS off that has been double sided taped on, it's a ton of work and I've had to go up past like 110 psi, but once you install it with painters tape/air then 70-90 usually works for me.

If you're pulling a SS off that has been double sided taped on, it's a ton of work and I've had to go up past like 110 psi, but once you install it with painters tape/air then 70-90 usually works for me.
gotcha. I don't use SS anymore and won't be for the foreseeable future but if I do end up going back that's good to know.

I used a heat gun the other day to removed my iron head for the very first time. Melted the ferrule so now i need to buy some new ones.

I've reshafted more than my fair share of irons and I never once tried to save a ferrule. Replace them. They are cheap, have many cool options, and just not worth the extra care to save when removing a shaft. They always get damaged some way.

I used a heat gun the other day to removed my iron head for the very first time. Melted the ferrule so now i need to buy some new ones.

So I had this great idea of making the mxm 1w a plumbers neck... pulled the shafts off of my 1w and a milled collection sx 7. Then realized the half shaft offset in the 1w is created by the spud on the head having some forward lean. Project came to a quick screeching halt lol. Now trying to see if anyone can bend the spud straight up and down...
838b1a3d355d79680bd768a6ce4763ba.jpg

Sorry to bring this back up but I'm currently looking to reshaft a broken mxm 1w. Did you have to get a half bend shaft or can you put any shaft on it?

Sorry to bring this back up but I'm currently looking to reshaft a broken mxm 1w. Did you have to get a half bend shaft or can you put any shaft on it?
I had a ch shaft installed. Required some bending

Back