What are you building? (Club style)

Seriously thinking of pulling the 110 recoils and trying the new KBS FLTD shafts for a change of pace in the APEX pros.

Two sets built tonight, and I am really excited to see how the results are...

First, my XR Pros got a set of recoil proto 125s installed (which I built for my dad in hopes that he pursues more forgiveness and graphite this year).
The second set, which freaks me out a bit... I pulled a combo that's been working crazy well for me.. The Bridgestone J15 CBs with Tour V 110s, and moved in a set of SteelFiber 125s.

It's been a plan for a long time to try out a couple of graphite options, and this will definitely satisfy that before the season really gets rolling. Worst case, I'll get the Tour Vs back in for the year.

Oh, and I put a Miyazaki C.Kua 83x in an Apex 4h. Just debating now on how long to play it if I am replacing my 4 iron.

Two sets built tonight, and I am really excited to see how the results are...

First, my XR Pros got a set of recoil proto 125s installed (which I built for my dad in hopes that he pursues more forgiveness and graphite this year).
The second set, which freaks me out a bit... I pulled a combo that's been working crazy well for me.. The Bridgestone J15 CBs with Tour V 110s, and moved in a set of SteelFiber 125s.

It's been a plan for a long time to try out a couple of graphite options, and this will definitely satisfy that before the season really gets rolling. Worst case, I'll get the Tour Vs back in for the year.

Oh, and I put a Miyazaki C.Kua 83x in an Apex 4h. Just debating now on how long to play it if I am replacing my 4 iron.

You are a machine. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on graphite.

Throwing some 120x modus 3 into wilson tour v2 this week. After i hit that setup I couldn't avoid switching.

Rookie question, without a SW scale is going from Recoil 110 to the KBS 115 FLTD going to require any special procedures? I was going to use the same grips or the same type anyway if they don't blow off easily. I would like to stay in the D1 - D2 SW range but without a scale I have no idea how to figure it out short of just putting one in the 7 iron and trying it out.

Rookie question, without a SW scale is going from Recoil 110 to the KBS 115 FLTD going to require any special procedures? I was going to use the same grips or the same type anyway if they don't blow off easily. I would like to stay in the D1 - D2 SW range but without a scale I have no idea how to figure it out short of just putting one in the 7 iron and trying it out.
Typically going to steel from recoils will result in slightly higher swing weight

Thanks Kang, that would be OK if it is only a point or two.

Thanks Kang, that would be OK if it is only a point or two.
Yeah slightly heavier steel shaft should net you a point or two higher coming from recoils. Granted length and all other variables remain the same

Should be a bit tighter desperation also, I hope. Just fishing around for something different. Recoils don't thrill me at all.

Recoils don't thrill me at all.

have to agree with you. the couple times I hit them I just didn't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Honeymoon phase was good with them, but I was a bit disappointed coming from the steelfiber with the lack of the loading feel (if that makes sense) could be just that the recoils are a bit heavier and play a bit stiffer but I have never felt like I had too much shaft with them just different.

Now that I am settled in with the APEX Pro heads, I want a tighter dispersion than I am getting and I am blaming the shafts not the one swinging them for that...

Been tinkering with my fairway wood setup, snagged a matching LZ shaft (same as my driver) to go in something. Bought a 16.5* G25 and a brand new XR16 3W head, might just put the shaft in the XR16 since I loved my Optiforce. We will soon see!

Upgrading a Tom Wishon Limited Edition HM Micro-Groove sand wedge with a Shimada Tour Wedge Black shaft.

50246aa2fcb081ac43ccd4160bb20cce.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Finished building my apex pro irons yesterday. Took them out for a hit and they feel awesome.

Just got these two heads in.

3w will get an Aldila Rogue black 70s that was in a cobra LTD King 3w while,
5w will be getting the adapter removed from my GBB 3w shaft. Hoping it will measure to at least 42.25".

8ffddcbdb413798ca13d06f11aa80211.jpg

Just got these two heads in.

3w will get an Aldila Rogue black 70s that was in a cobra LTD King 3w while,
5w will be getting the adapter removed from my GBB 3w shaft. Hoping it will measure to at least 42.25".

8ffddcbdb413798ca13d06f11aa80211.jpg

Man those came in fast. Cant believe the deal you guys got on them.

Put a shaft I had laying about into the xr pro 16° 4w
8f87f5917e429dc4dd7f19b3168a971d.jpg
37cee0286b860ac9c11df372bcd17f5d.jpg

TEE XCG7 7w (21*) with Fujikura 757 Evo TS x straight in... 286cpm/Flo. This is a replicating 200-220y Bomb machine. Shot after shot I was hitting the target at the range today into the teeth of a 20mph. Off the ground it beat out a 3i off a low tee. It was the best preforming club into this solid wind out of my whole bag!
I thought the head was too big, however turf interaction is fine, I don't really hit too fat and generally my ball striking is good. The performance of this combo is stellar, so much so I just ordered a 5w head for my Speeder VC 8.2x shaft. I chose this head over the E8/9 offerings because it has the tungsten weights back and wide apart, and over the XCG6 as the additional weight removed on the back pear center and added to the tungsten weights screamed high MOI and stability on slight off center hits. All hits feel like $$$. You could be swinging poorly and still nut this club. Flights are hot, boring in wind. I built this for a annual golf tourney last weekend and its first shot in real play (apart from 5-10 range balls) was 192y into 15mph+ par 3. Nutted it high draw to land 15y past the pin. Its divot was 2ft from the ball (big divot too). I was the only one to hit this green out of our group of players. TEE make some great FW woods....I had this shaft in a Aeroburner TP 5w ...not even close to TEE performance. XCG7 head offers so much stability...well it should for its size...amazing club, very easy to hit, forgiving++, hot, penetrating into wind with 757

Last edited:
The Honeymoon phase was good with them, but I was a bit disappointed coming from the steelfiber with the lack of the loading feel (if that makes sense) could be just that the recoils are a bit heavier and play a bit stiffer but I have never felt like I had too much shaft with them just different.

Now that I am settled in with the APEX Pro heads, I want a tighter dispersion than I am getting and I am blaming the shafts not the one swinging them for that...

FWIW: Played SF the dispersion is very good with them I had 110/stiff

FWIW: Played SF the dispersion is very good with them I had 110/stiff
Please explain? I have no doubt there is no problem with the shafts, only my swing. But I do like trying new shafts.

Put Xcaliber Tour iron shafts into my Fourteen PC 555 8-pw. Hoping this experiment works!

20160302_181421_zpso3k7jw74.jpg

20160302_181430_zpsyuoom4za.jpg
20160302_181435_zpszerlo7x0.jpg

20160302_181441_zpsxwjy764c.jpg

I absolutely love my set of AXE shafts in Apex Pros. Can't wait for the season to start.

Thank you Alez for the Project X shaft! The man is a THP treasure! I hope I do you proud in July!

AB0B322E-AD34-49F2-A03D-19E685510597_zpszimfkqmj.jpg

58F640BD-AB37-4FB5-968D-9F75B4EBA1B6_zpsdm8lo0vi.jpg

Back