What are you building? (Club style)

Building these tonight.

20160304_203514_zpstw0x3njx.jpg

20160304_203525_zpsqelpmyax.jpg

20160304_203532_zps4sqqj5ek.jpg

Installing a couple different options in my 1 bag's 7i and 8i, he's playing R flex nippon 950 and he's surpassed them with his swing by a freaking monstrous amount. Tour V and DG Pro are going to get a run in those and we will look at the ball flight from there.

D-4

0CD9D9E2-FCC1-4728-A273-494B282AAA95_zps2yauhrg7.jpg

Installing a couple different options in my 1 bag's 7i and 8i, he's playing R flex nippon 950 and he's surpassed them with his swing by a freaking monstrous amount. Tour V and DG Pro are going to get a run in those and we will look at the ball flight from there.

Got this done. Will be fun to see how it go's and what he thinks from hitting them blind. I'm going to hand them to him at address and have him swing.

Got this done. Will be fun to see how it go's and what he thinks from hitting them blind. I'm going to hand them to him at address and have him swing.

Interested in hearing how this works out blind testing is fun testing

Interested in hearing how this works out blind testing is fun testing

Yeah, its a two-fold win for me. He gets into something that fits him better which is good for the team, and I get to use him as a guinea pig for my own testing.

I need to build the J15 CB's with some lighter shafts. I also need to learn how to build clubs first haha.

Yeah, its a two-fold win for me. He gets into something that fits him better which is good for the team, and I get to use him as a guinea pig for my own testing.

I like it dude, he'll play better and you'll get some good data

I need to build the J15 CB's with some lighter shafts. I also need to learn how to build clubs first haha.

Hahaha I'm with you dude. I've always wanted to build clubs, just gotta learn how to haha

Hahaha I'm with you dude. I've always wanted to build clubs, just gotta learn how to haha

Steel iron shaft into head process:
Heat gun.
hosel cleaning things.
ferrules.
weights if you're not lazy (I'm lazy).
epoxy.
Common sense.

Congratulations, you've graduated club building school!

Steel iron shaft into head process:
Heat gun.
hosel cleaning things.
ferrules.
weights if you're not lazy (I'm lazy).
epoxy.
Common sense.

Congratulations, you've graduated club building school!

Do you need a shaft puller?

I have all the tools now. Was just discouraged how bad the first run went i havent tried again.

I do think this week I will try my first stamping/paintfill on a putter I have laying around. Should be interesting to see how that turns out

Do you need a shaft puller?

The biggest reason for a shaft puller (in my opinion) is that it can pull graphite straight out without twisting which can ruin it. That said, it is wildly easier to pull steel with a puller as well, especially with weights in the heads.

Not necessary, but I definitely use my puller on steel at times.

When I pulled my steel I used a heat gun, which took awhile for the first to come off. Once the gun got warm they came off easy.
Had intentions of putting graphite in until people starting talking about swing weights. So shafts are sitting there.

When I pulled my steel I used a heat gun, which took awhile for the first to come off. Once the gun got warm they came off easy.
Had intentions of putting graphite in until people starting talking about swing weights. So shafts are sitting there.

What weight steel did you pull what weight graphite are you putting in?

I do think this week I will try my first stamping/paintfill on a putter I have laying around. Should be interesting to see how that turns out

Tip for stamping: use two sides tape and at least 10lb hammer. Don't be tentative either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After installing the Tour V into the 712 Ap1 7i and 8i, I found a 588 3w head on a shelf and a Fubuki ax 3w shaft, slapped them together and they'll be a good learn to use a 3w club for a couple of my guys.

Jman on a roll tonight!

The kids are lucky to have you dude

What weight steel did you pull what weight graphite are you putting in?

I'll have to look up weight in the am. Pulled DG pro x100 and Project X 6.0 graphite.

Back