What are you building? (Club style)

I've got hzrdus 85g 6.0 hybrid shafts coming. I want to try them in apex hybrids but kind of reluctant to pull the c.kua as I've been hitting it really well. But it's an itch that needs to be scratched

Worth a try. You're too funny dude.

Worth a try. You're too funny dude.
I think the only real answer is to buy 2 more heads and to real head to head then sell the loser lol

At the course yesterday, there was an old R7 Draw 5 wood in the garbage. Someone had snapped a shaft and then tossed it.

I figured I had to have some sort of a shaft I could shove in and make it work, even if just for something to use on trouble shots.

Turns out all I really had kicking around that would fit into it was a shaft from a 9 iron...... so in it went.

Going to toss it into the bag the next time I head to the range to mess around with it. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Should be interesting though.

Well this went much quicker for the second set. Throwing the CBs back on some shafts to try and sell them or trade them in.
aa7adb6853b156a66adab96588f1325d.jpg

Waiting for the lz steel to arrive. They will promptly go into my srixon z945 and I'll install the bestgrips microperf

Dry build complete. Taking a break before epoxy. Grips were a b!tch to install
01bfc4ec8a7e51a2749d10c4ae7fd879.jpg

Will be curious to hear your thoughts on the grips. That Black on black with LZ steel looks silly good!

What are you building? (Club style)

Looks great!

Nothing crazy, just finally got around to putting a matching Aerotech Steelfiber wedge shaft into my 50* gap wedge. Hardest part was waiting for the epoxy to dry and removing the old tape under the original grip.
I hate it when the old tape is a mess where it doesn't pull off in big pieces!

Curing now. It's been more work than I wanted due to the grips. Hopefully I don't cut them off and blow on the trusty utx wrap too soon haha
d7dde147ad43fd82469a514f28bb0dcd.jpg

Curing now. It's been more work than I wanted due to the grips. Hopefully I don't cut them off and blow on the trusty utx wrap too soon haha
d7dde147ad43fd82469a514f28bb0dcd.jpg
Those look amazing dude...nicely done. Why were the grips such a pain?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Those look amazing dude...nicely done. Why were the grips such a pain?

Leather grips that don't have much give. Plus the inner layer had a tendency to wrinkle up and leave a bulge in spots. Way harder than blowing on grips with air, which is what I usually do

Leather grips that don't have much give. Plus the inner layer had a tendency to wrinkle up and leave a bulge in spots. Way harder than blowing on grips with air, which is what I usually do
What are the benefits of a leather grip vs a traditional rubber or cord?

What are the benefits of a leather grip vs a traditional rubber or cord?

No idea lol. I was curious so I thought I'd give it a go haha. I'm hoping it's less havoc on my hands and last longer

Nice looking set Kang! Make sure to update us on how they perform when you get a chance.

Can't get two wedge heads to pull, they have to have been put on with freaking Walmart bought epoxy or something silly. Pretty pissed.

Will have to take them into the local shop and see if he can get them to pull.

Bummer with these Recoil Wedge Protos sitting here.

Can't get two wedge heads to pull, they have to have been put on with freaking Walmart bought epoxy or something silly. Pretty pissed.

Will have to take them into the local shop and see if he can get them to pull.

Bummer with these Recoil Wedge Protos sitting here.
Even with butane?

Damn what they use? Freaking gorilla super glue? Lol

Using a puller?

It sure seems like it hahaha

Yep. Its irritating as hell.

Nothing crazy, just finally got around to putting a matching Aerotech Steelfiber wedge shaft into my 50* gap wedge. Hardest part was waiting for the epoxy to dry and removing the old tape under the original grip.
I hate it when the old tape is a mess where it doesn't pull off in big pieces!

Try heating the grip tape up next time for a few seconds. I usually grab my torch and heat the tape up, count to about 5 or 7 while moving the torch everywhere. A little heat makes removing old tape SO much easier.

The shaft is installed on my Metal X Milled project. It started as a "like new" MXM1 putter from CPO still in the shrink wrap. Then I ordered a black matte rifle putter shaft. Now i just need to cut to length and grip.

41f51df0956dfc8e6a14a0f323c205c7.jpg

848c5a1da953ce85fe1ed0dbf5ada363.jpg

8222ab497fff4c3b9c34f553e991dbbf.jpg

000bbf31d754cb0ff7dbd88f7c8e8100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back