What are you building? (Club style)

000bbf31d754cb0ff7dbd88f7c8e8100.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one good looking putter!

The shaft is installed on my Metal X Milled project. It started as a "like new" MXM1 putter from CPO still in the shrink wrap. Then I ordered a black matte rifle putter shaft. Now i just need to cut to length and grip.

41f51df0956dfc8e6a14a0f323c205c7.jpg

848c5a1da953ce85fe1ed0dbf5ada363.jpg

8222ab497fff4c3b9c34f553e991dbbf.jpg

000bbf31d754cb0ff7dbd88f7c8e8100.jpg

Wow that looks great!!

Pulling shafts right now. This is my homemade shaft puller. Taking the steelfiber 110s out and DG S300 AMT are going in my apex pros.
e4b85df7f01f8fbb8fed845113f72e51.jpg

Pulling shafts right now. This is my homemade shaft puller. Taking the steelfiber 110s out and DG S300 AMT are going in my apex pros.
e4b85df7f01f8fbb8fed845113f72e51.jpg
Can't go wrong with the AMTs, really like how the shaft feels.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

love that shaft puller! i think i'll be stealing that idea sometime soon, my can crusher shaft puller still works but i think its on its way out soon haha

love that shaft puller! i think i'll be stealing that idea sometime soon, my can crusher shaft puller still works but i think its on its way out soon haha

It's been working pretty well. I'm making a few mods to it today. The slot in the steel was a little too tight. I made it .375. I think .410 or .420 would have been a little better. I'll try to post a few more pictures to show how I made it.

What are you building? (Club style)

For those experienced club builders; is it best to cut the shaft to length before installing into the head? I was thinking I'd measure the old shafts I pulled, mark the new shafts at the same length, then dry fit them into the head and check the length at the mark. Next I would cut the shaft at the mark (my new shafts are AMTs so butt trim only) install the grips and then do another dry fit with the head to check swing weight. If the swing weights good then they would be final assembled. Has anybody done it this way?

For those experienced club builders; is it best to cut the shaft to length before installing into the head? I was thinking I'd measure the old shafts I pulled, mark the new shafts at the same length, then dry fit them into the head and check the length at the mark. Next I would cut the shaft at the mark (my new shafts are AMTs so butt trim only) install the grips and then do another dry fit with the head to check swing weight. If the swing weights good then they would be final assembled. Has anybody done it this way?
I always dry build, put in heads and measure, butt trim, then install grips. Then I dry build and check swing weight. Then epoxy

The putter is complete.
35769c1fc525a3a88495b1cee27201d0.jpg

6444b87848afc3b57bd7a9e80171ad2d.jpg

f0bbd4e6e48be1705e40b6af4873eea2.jpg

519f688cad80c7b5373ff3e2e97a046e.jpg

c4491e613fcfded06b3a94ce086ad145.jpg

57c4168bb3f8e5ca3379e89b33d1ad9f.jpg

Gorgeous. So now for the important question...how much do you want for it?

$1,000,000.

Thanks. It's a beauty.

I 'm in the process (thanks to the incredible generosity of UST Mamiya) of obtaining a Great Big Bertha Head and having my new Elements Helium shaft installed. So anxious to try this combination I can't express it!! Thanks again Danny!!!!

Just built a 44" driver, because, well because it sounded interesting.

Also reshafted my #1 bags 3w for him and tipped a heavier and stronger flex driver shaft for him.

Just built a 44" driver, because, well because it sounded interesting.

Also reshafted my #1 bags 3w for him and tipped a heavier and stronger flex driver shaft for him.
Which head?

Which head?
F6+ @ 12* w/ 72X Miyazaki White at 44" and some lead tape to get it to D3.

Sets up like a delightful little Sledgehammer.

For those of you that have a shaft puller for graphite shafts, I'm looking at getting one and would like to know what you are using and how you like it.

Getting tired of having someone else screw up my shafts and want to have it done right by me from now on.

For those of you that have a shaft puller for graphite shafts, I'm looking at getting one and would like to know what you are using and how you like it.

Getting tired of having someone else screw up my shafts and want to have it done right by me from now on.
I have a roberts shaft puller and it's awesome. I haven't seen any for sale in a while though

I have this one and love it.

http://www.golfworks.com/maltby-des...or/p/GW1009/?gclid=CJ_CiPX-qs4CFQcoaQodFZYD4Q

However when I bought it the shaft pads were missing and golf works insisted they were nit included. It turns out they were missing and are included. Fortunately the golf galaxy near my dad had a couple of extra pads so they let me have them.

The puller is awesome as its spring loaded. I don't worry about overheating as the shaft "pops" out when the epoxy starts to break down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most will tell you Roberts, but they have been few and far between as far as finding one goes the past few months. My old puller died and I got tired of waiting so I went with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-SHAFT-...828875?hash=item25c17a9f8b:g:Y2AAAOSwu4BVwOys

Its really freaking good, incredibly sturdy, can be mounted or operated as is.

Thanks guys! I'll take a look. Gonna need it after what happened to me today.

Most will tell you Roberts, but they have been few and far between as far as finding one goes the past few months. My old puller died and I got tired of waiting so I went with this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GOLF-SHAFT-...828875?hash=item25c17a9f8b:g:Y2AAAOSwu4BVwOys

Its really freaking good, incredibly sturdy, can be mounted or operated as is.
How easy is it to get the shaft or adapter off? The price looks right but the one wubears posted has that spring loaded feature. Just don't want to screw anything up. Haha

How easy is it to get the shaft or adapter off? The price looks right but the one wubears posted has that spring loaded feature. Just don't want to screw anything up. Haha
Easy peasy.

Club in, secured, use jack to apply pressure, heat, apply more pressure, head/adapter off.

Back