What are you building? (Club style)

Thanks for the useful info. I actually mixed a larger batch up the first time and thought I just screwed up the ratio. Then the second time I mixed a smaller batch and it was even worse (where the club flew straight off). I am gonna see how my quick set worked tonight and go from there. I might just end up ordering a new batch of quick set epoxy and doing it one last time. I honestly think tho that the first two times, the epoxy was at fault.
Try glass beads

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FINALLY bought some good ferrules so I can put the recoils into the 765's and RTX 3's.

Don't know if I will get it done before Vegas, but it'd be nice if I could.

Swapped a couple heads/shafts on two DW;s. Recoil into my Altitude DW, stock steel into the CG Black CB.

So, fun is happening at the Jman household. Which should lead to one hell of an iron/gamer shootout.

We have PTx w/ Recoil 110 F5's that rotate in and out of the bag, but now there is the potential for a shootout of sorts.

Have my set of 765's and also soon maybe the prettiest players CB's out there (IMO only) in hand today. Also have a set of Steelfiber 125's in S, and a set of Matrix Program F15's in 120 X.

What goes in what? Leaning steelfiber in the spinnier CB and Program in the 765's, but I'm 100% unsure. Thoughts?

Not sure you can go wrong here. For my own sake put the steelfibers in whatever set you plan to play next month when we see each other.

Not sure you can go wrong here. For my own sake put the steelfibers in whatever set you plan to play next month when we see each other.

I've had 2 tries with the SF's and have come away unimpressed both times, but, with the commitment to graphite from here on in, I figured another go was fair.

Hopefully I have it all sorted out by next month, because I am NOT going to pay an overweight bag fee.

I've had 2 tries with the SF's and have come away unimpressed both times, but, with the commitment to graphite from here on in, I figured another go was fair.

Hopefully I have it all sorted out by next month, because I am NOT going to pay an overweight bag fee.

I am in love with the older version of the Programs. Also a big fan of the Kuro Kage's I have. I have not tried the Steelfibers yet but knowing Brigdestone offers them and not much else in fiberglass I want to give them a try. Recoils are the one line I spent some time with and didn't really enjoy for whatever reason.

RTX-3 CB 52* on the way, now the wait begins. Waiting for it is a Matrix Program 95 shaft and my go to Lamkin iLine midsize grip.

Got the shafts for my 716 ap2's. Nippon modus 120s, going to hard step them 1x. New z cord grips with 3 extra wraps, 1 degree upright and adjust swing weight to D3. Really starting to enjoy club building.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I think I want to do this to my VPC's

0a9492cce927058451a178bcfcabf17c.jpg
I keep seeing VPCs like this lately. I are infatuated.

Miyazaki 105 X hyb shaft broke at the tip on my Cleveland MT 2 iron!!! So got lucky and was able to pull the small part of the shaft that was left and am now waiting for a KBS C Taper lite to arrive, hoping it will knock down my flight and be a good tee club once its builtt , also going to try an Golf Pride Z cord on it, been hesitant becuse it looks like it tears up your hands but didnt feel that bad when I got it in the mail.

Grafalloy BiMatrx shaft in a Cobra Fly-Z XL head

I figured why not try a mid-launch low-spin shaft in one of the most forgiving high launching heads on the market

max length 48", flight is what i predicted (high), spin appears lower

feel is super stable

I'll trim 1" and tip 1" eventually

Built this for my brother's Florida set on the cheap

to3_zps0o3hzihq.jpg

to1_zpskuyccmwh.jpg

to2_zps8tvncxsi.jpg

TO4_zps4s9h9s5v.jpg

Pondering a bit of a shaftectomy in my wedges. This winter I think I'm going to move the Hi-Rev out of my Hopkins LW for use in my PM Grind 60.

decided, what the hell, 46" shaft into old Wilson 7 wood, BTGM of 1" for a total length of 47"

61WfqTS.jpg
tkWlXry.jpg

As I am a newbie to the club building game, researching how to make the staff stiffer. Shaft is needing a bit more stiffness in it. Tip or end?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

As I am a newbie to the club building game, researching how to make the staff stiffer. Shaft is needing a bit more stiffness in it. Tip or end?

If you trim the tip, it will make the shaft significantly stiffer. Butt trimming won't noticeably affect the flex.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

If you trim the tip, it will make the shaft significantly stiffer. Butt trimming won't noticeably affect the flex.

Thanks Ryan, I will get it all ready for some rounds upcoming. It is a great shaft just a bit too soft for my swing

Thanks Ryan, I will get it all ready for some rounds upcoming. It is a great shaft just a bit too soft for my swing

You have the quickest tempo of anyone I've ever seen, so I'm not surprised haha

You have the quickest tempo of anyone I've ever seen, so I'm not surprised haha

Hahaha yeah shaft finding it slightly tough

Matrix Program F15 going into the Adams Proto Dhy (weight removed)

and now the epoxy curing wait begins again...

Got a GBB Divine Nine head of eBay. Going to put a mid/high launch shaft in. First time I get to use my workshop. Super excited.

Thinking Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue or UST Mamiya Elements Wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you building? (Club style)

Built myself a shaft extractor today. Thanks Harbor Freight! Now just need to make a bracket to fit behind the hosel and I am good to go.

94f59fe360ff3c015069969fc378abab.jpg

Built myself a shaft extractor today. Thanks Harbor Freight! Now just need to make a bracket to fit behind the hosel and I am good to go.

94f59fe360ff3c015069969fc378abab.jpg

Elaborate please. I see a drill press vise and a threaded bolt captured by a couple eye bolts. What's the plan?

Titleist adapter curing in my Grandura 530. Excited to see what that and the 915 D3 produce.

Back