What are you building? (Club style)

The epoxy bond would be fractured in all likelihood. You're far better off having the grip reinstalled.

I feel like reinstalling the shaft straight on, given that I have epoxy and everything to do so at home, would be easier. No? I have a grip remover, but I don't seem to be very good at it.

I feel like reinstalling the shaft straight on, given that I have epoxy and everything to do so at home, would be easier. No? I have a grip remover, but I don't seem to be very good at it.

I guess that's up to you. Were it me, I would trash the grip before taking on the original bond created by the club manufacturer... Especially if there is a chance there's a tip weight on it.

But that's just me. If you're feeling froggy, go for it.

Question for anyone who has experience with it:

If I need to turn a putter shaft because I awesomely put the grip on misaligned and I'm too OCD to leave it...can I just heat and turn it a little? or should I completely re-set the shaft with new epoxy?

It is a putter so the head won't fly off. I would try it and then re-epoxy it it comes to it. Especially if it saves the grip.

I guess that's up to you. Were it me, I would trash the grip before taking on the original bond created by the club manufacturer... Especially if there is a chance there's a tip weight on it.

But that's just me. If you're feeling froggy, go for it.

haha, definitely not manufacturer epoxy. This one has come out a few times. No weight to begin with from what I saw either.

haha, definitely not manufacturer epoxy. This one has come out a few times. No weight to begin with from what I saw either.

In that case, go for it... But if it were me, I'd use new epoxy. Kind of a pain I know, but worth it.

In that case, go for it... But if it were me, I'd use new epoxy. Kind of a pain I know, but worth it.

yea I get what you're saying. I'll probably just re-do the whole thing. pretty easy with putters anyway.

I'll at a +1 to that

installing a Callaway Optifit adapter into a Project X LZ Handcrafted I picked up. Hopefully gives me another option for whatever Epic driver I go with

Working on some clubs for Fupy before I leave for the show.

Thinking hard about swapping the Ctapers out of my baby blades and plugging in the S400 AMT. am I crazy?

Cut down a shaft I put in my 3HL and put a callaway adapter on another shaft for 441.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cut down a shaft I put in my 3HL and put a callaway adapter on another shaft for 441.

Yeah buddy....epic speeder bombs (ish) forthcoming

I'm working on a set for MichiganSlice. J40 DPC with Nippon 950s, hard stepped 4 times :alien: All of that is true except the hard stepping

Just built a new shaft for my M1. It started out as an uncut/new 8M3 Black Tie. I tipped it an inch and butt trimmed it to play at 45". Installed a 2* TM adapter and Tour Velvet midsize logo down in the standard setting. I was able to hit it a few times yesterday and the head didn't fly off so I have that going for me.

Only thing I won't touch is graphite. no no no.[/QUOTE]

I was terrified too but graphite is no problem with a $70 shaft tool.

Just re-shafted my Maltby MMB-17's today in a slightly softer flex. Best feeling irons I've ever hit. Knocked the Mizuno JPX-850 Forged irons out of my bag. Heading to Orlando in a few weeks to get some swings in, can't wait!

Built Fup's set of Cf16 with AMT this weekend.

Impact and lead tape got here today, so I can do some experimenting with SW and then am going to do the poor man's MOI matching when I build the set up. If it ever warms up enough...

I have a sneaking suspicion I will want to swap the recoils from these MP-15's I picked up and put them in my Bridgestones. Kinda want to do it myself, but may at least get the recoil's pulled professionally so I don't mess them up.

Building these for giggles

20170122_193852_zpsk1v5udzu.jpg

torched and epoxied some adaptors

Fubuki Z gets a Cobra tip for the F6+ and King LTD
HZRDUS Black gets a Callaway tip for the XR

maybe I'll take the Bi-Matrx out of the Fly-Z XL for some extra experimenting

e5b6744facb9958a763e8b17087923a7.jpg

Put these together today with DG S300 AMT shafts!

Nothing tonight thanks to Amarts slowness

Back