What are you building? (Club style)

3d2910d91aae63110d57a093eaf026d4.jpg

Thinking of removing the paint fill and then taking a torch to it. Anyone have any good recommendations on proper steps?

Acetone to remove the paint fill and then clean it very well with alcohol. Do not touch it after cleaning, use pliers on the shaft post. If you touch it you will leave fingerprints when you torch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of removing the paint fill and then taking a torch to it. Anyone have any good recommendations on proper steps?

The above was some advice for you and I forgot to quote your post.

Hot melting the new 3-4W to be rid of the lead.

Nothing exciting yet. Fixed my buddies 9 iron that he broke the shaft on, threw a shaft in an old Callaway wedge that had been shaftless, and put a Cally tip on a whiteboard. I guess the last one is kind of exciting, or perhaps even Epic.

Acetone to remove the paint fill and then clean it very well with alcohol. Do not touch it after cleaning, use pliers on the shaft post. If you touch it you will leave fingerprints when you torch it.

Thanks for that. Do you use latex gloves to help with fingerprints what's the best way you clean with alcohol?

Building Dynatour Prophets (black ones). Excited to get them done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Do you use latex gloves to help with fingerprints what's the best way you clean with alcohol?

You can use latex gloves and a lint free towel. I dip the head in alcohol or use a small spray bottle then wipe and dry completely before torching.

What will the torch do, add some bluing?

Anybody ever play heavier shafts in their 9i and PW? My 4i-8i are single length 103g stiff shafts. My 9i and pw are traditional variable Length. I want to go to a heavier shaft for better control. The shafts in my gap wedge and sw are much heavier. Just wondering if anyone has done this and how it worked out.

Just ordered some taps to finish building my swingweight scale so I can put my irons together.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Anybody ever play heavier shafts in their 9i and PW? My 4i-8i are single length 103g stiff shafts. My 9i and pw are traditional variable Length. I want to go to a heavier shaft for better control. The shafts in my gap wedge and sw are much heavier. Just wondering if anyone has done this and how it worked out.
I play 105g shafts in the wedges 60, 56, gap and pw. 95g in the 9-7. 85g in the 6-4. They are the Xcaliber Tour X shafts. Love the feel of the set. Seamless feel through out the set.

Does anybody here know if Nike Flexloft 2.0 tips are metal or plastic? Club builder is asking me, because he's concerned he'll melt it.

This makes me wonder if I should go to a different guy, as I'm pretty sure I had one of these taken off before at a big box store without issue.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Does anybody here know if Nike Flexloft 2.0 tips are metal or plastic? Club builder is asking me, because he's concerned he'll melt it.

This makes me wonder if I should go to a different guy, as I'm pretty sure I had one of these taken off before at a big box store without issue.

Considering I have a couple I pulled without issue, I'd say metal lol

Considering I have a couple I pulled without issue, I'd say metal lol
I thought so, but I just wasn't sure. Thanks.

Booyah! Finally sat down and got the 110 F5 Recoils which used to be in my PTx all cleaned up and trimmed to proper length. Followed that up with swing weighting and building the W/S V6's with them FINALLY. Should be able to turn down the ferrules in the morning and get them out on the course!

V6 vs KING Forged Tour vs 765 is finally upon us!

Booyah! Finally sat down and got the 110 F5 Recoils which used to be in my PTx all cleaned up and trimmed to proper length. Followed that up with swing weighting and building the W/S V6's with them FINALLY. Should be able to turn down the ferrules in the morning and get them out on the course!

V6 vs KING Forged Tour vs 765 is finally upon us!

Sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to the battle.

So after installing the Hi Rev into my PM grind, I noticed a bunch of rust in the shaft. Contemplating replacing it with a new one... Luckily shafts are pretty cheap!

bought a black putter shaft and a midnight Superstroke GTR 1.0 to murder out the #7ch. Might do the same thing to the #5ch if all goes well with it.

Waiting for the tip weights and extensions to come in then the recoil 110 in the T MB project will begin, looking forward to seeing how they SW but I will be prepared with the right stuff this time to adjust as needed.

New set of 110 F5 recoils will be going into 765's this week.

Whoooooooooooooooo!

Back