What are you building? (Club style)

What are you building? (Club style)

New build on the utility went well. Just waiting for it to fully cure and grip it.

Srixon U45 23* with a Diamana 'ilima 80x in it playing about 3 iron length. Should be a killer set up for how I want to play it.

Swingweight scale from shop scraps and a kitchen scale:

6fef8614ccf7d458a57bf810d77cb46c.jpg

cde2b25f681ee019e630f4ea4147503a.jpg

Haven't had it side by side with a shop scale but did have a club weighed. When I got home I weighed it and was within a half point. Not bad for a first effort.

I got a bunch of i-Lines, some shims, an adapter, some extensions, and a bunch of solvent.

Methinks like every fall/winter, it's going to be a busy one in the Canadan custom shop hahaha

I got a bunch of i-Lines, some shims, an adapter, some extensions, and a bunch of solvent.

Methinks like every fall/winter, it's going to be a busy one in the Canadan custom shop hahaha
What's in line to be built?

ok fess up

which one of you used a flathead to get a grip off

cs2TGTM.jpg

LOL, I have owned one of those but only installed the grip on a new shaft - never removed one.

I can build you a server room, throw in some infrastructure and maybe a server or 2 but I'm deathly afraid of screwing with my clubs.

matte black shaft is going on the putter

tensei blue hybrid is going in the cobra 3

I'm always trying different shafts for my M2. Currently waiting for a delivery more adapters to install :)

What's the best way to remove a graphite shaft without a shaft puller?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Steady heat, and really steady hands and pressure. Not that easy unless you’ve got some practice.

Don't have a puller yet, otherwise I'd offer to hook you up. Shop is probably the safest answer.

Built this bad boy today. Had to bore out hosel manually and it wasnt as hard as I expected. Cant wait to take it to the course
d482e1936e1630b038ca76eb66fd0cfa.jpg
a36374efc413be9316ec3a66c147dc44.jpg

To not do it haha. I’ve messed up a shaft or two trying it.

Don't. I am 0 for 2, way harder than it looks.

It's almost 98%fail rate, graphite needs to be done by mostly puller and little heat to keep the integrity of the tip, if you do it by hand you will have to use more hear than you need to get it to move and then you screwed up the tip, but if you don't care about the shaft then you don't really need a puller

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Best investment I have made is a $49 puller from golf works and a quality heat gun. Certainly not for production work but for the amount I do it is perfect and so far out of maybe 25-30 pulls never any damaged shafts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Franken Club. Cleveland Launcher HB 12* head and Matrix Speed Rulz 60 TX shaft. Assembly has begun and it is now sitting in my makeshift drying station (4 bricks on the floor of my shed). Should be able to finish it Tuesday. Will cut to 43.5" playing length then install a Lamkin UTx grip. Then apply lead tape if needed.

Last edited:
Franken Club. Cleveland Launcher HB 12* head and Matrix Speed Rulz 60 TX shaft. Assembly has begun and it is now sitting in my makeshift drying station (4 bricks on the floor of my shed). Should be able to finish it Tuesday. Will cut to 33.5" playing length then install a Lamkin UTx grip. Then apply lead tape if needed.

You mean 43.5" right?

Swingweight scale from shop scraps and a kitchen scale:

6fef8614ccf7d458a57bf810d77cb46c.jpg

cde2b25f681ee019e630f4ea4147503a.jpg

Haven't had it side by side with a shop scale but did have a club weighed. When I got home I weighed it and was within a half point. Not bad for a first effort.

I have been wanting to make one of these myself for a while.

Back