What are you building? (Club style)

It's fun imo, you saw how much better I hit driver at the Ultimate Gathering this year, still not perfect by any means, but extreme confidence. I'd love to see you try the LST.

Its funny you posted, I just got the shaft change done!

I'd love it. Only times I've really spent with Ping has been for the reviews, and I rarely get away from the stock shaft profiles. Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll see a Ping demo day at my home course this year - Would like to give these a longer shot at the bag (last two ended up in the bag of a father and a friend before I could even blink haha). My biggest takeaway from G30 and G was how straight the ball stayed regardless of contact.

Put together two sets of irons with AMart.
Extended a hybrid a bit.
Reshafted a UT.

Was a busy but fun evening of club building.
Cool thx for the invite. Next time he can regrip my irons...thx

Cool thx for the invite. Next time he can regrip my irons...thx

Rumour has it Tuesday night will have some regripping in the schedule.

Also, I invited you over for anything you wanted to do earlier in the week. Not my fault you didn't say "let's regrip these clubs"

Rumour has it Tuesday night will have some regripping in the schedule.

Also, I invited you over for anything you wanted to do earlier in the week. Not my fault you didn't say "let's regrip these clubs"
Sorry I was busy playing Thomas the Train

He's so damn needy.

My favourite part is when he thinks he's not going to be the one doing the regripping..... Well, unless Andy's here.. Then I have no control over the peer pressure.

Sorry I was busy playing Thomas the Train

Eventually you were, yes. There is some truth to that.

cut down a Toulon for my dad, and put an i-Line on it. We'll see if he can get addicted.

Gripped irons, hybrid, UT, and driver. Had to take 1/4 inch off each iron which was a nuisance.

1) THCE "Kevin" pulled from Cally adapter and installed into PING adapter.

2) Heads pulled from CF16s 6-PW

3) Nippon Zelos 6 prepped for install into CF16s

Finally got around to trimming & gripping my HZRDUS Red for a go in the Rogue.

I've got a few things on tap, but haven't started any of them.

• Reshafting a Pinhawk SLF 3wd from Aldila Proto80R to Acer Velocity L for my 14 year old
  • Reshafting my Wishon 550 set after I have the loft/lie checked & tweaked
    1. Either gonna put the Matrix Studio 84 stiff in them cut to my "std" (38" 5i) and put some weight in the head
      or
    2. simply reshaft with Hump R flex and add the ProSoft inserts that just came in today
  • I'll put the Aldila Proto80R in a 5wd head to match my 3wd

Last piece to the recoil puzzle. Building out the 565 4i to match the set. Should be a high bomber for what I need in that spot.

e751d2fd074e4a50f1d4b618668b25ff.jpg

I've now got a process for saving the ferrules off graphite shafts. Steel is easy, just protect the ferrule and twist off the head, can't do that with graphite though!

RUBBER SHAFT CLAMP (plus hot water). Gets even the most stubborn ferrules up and away from the head for easy pulling.

Why didn't I think of this sooner?

Currently in the process of shafting up the new iron heads with some PX flighted

Not working on them as of yet, but I'd like to buy a set of LH Pings of some sort, orange dot, and build them MOI matched and TLT; if that's possible.

Currently working on some left handed clubs for my middle son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a quick regrip tonight.

e0fb1e104235d26574c52efc87ce38a0.jpg

And done
81b7de8d68e60a072637e944baa312a6.jpg

Just reshafted my 4h from Matrix Studio 84 to KBS Tour Steel. Hoping to get some consistency back in that club and maybe even gain some distance back since I feel like I was ballooning that shaft a bit especially into the wind.

Just reshafted my 4h from Matrix Studio 84 to KBS Tour Steel. Hoping to get some consistency back in that club and maybe even gain some distance back since I feel like I was ballooning that shaft a bit especially into the wind.

First range session with reshafted 4h (and a shortened VS Proto 70X in the driver) was a success. Hoping to get on course tomorrow to get some play time in.

What are you building? (Club style)

Wrong thread

Last edited:
Our new house is looking magnificent. The siding crew has been doing a terrific job.
eb05000a2219250492a4940fc9c94c42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lookin' good! What're the specs?

First range session with reshafted 4h (and a shortened VS Proto 70X in the driver) was a success. Hoping to get on course tomorrow to get some play time in.

Both reshafts have been a huge success. Loving the driver with the X in it. I'll probably still keep the S+ around for when I feel like I'm losing it a bit and need something a bit softer, but the X is pretty nice. The 4h with the steel shaft is great.

Regripped two putters with iomic mids. Hopefully the tour green hybrid shaft comes in for the utility iron, and then building that.

finally found the time to finish reshafting the rest of the set

PFX2nvg.jpg

Back