What are you building? (Club style)

SLDR 3h went under the knife for a new (used, pull, eBay) Aldila VS Proto 95x.

Gonna assemble to 40.5" w/ GPTV std+3.
c47f1426539236578fc79d64e527c3f2.jpg
fb92062ca9051cff7fcdfe5531fab3ea.jpg
af8d0ff121b5f59af0d9a93a837e4a75.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This used to be a Rife HyBrid 2Bar Putter. Almost finished with it.

Put a TM tip on one of my HZRDUS yellow 6.5 shafts.

Extended my putter yesterday from 34" to 37" currently but will most likely bring it back to 36". Currently the swing weight is off the scale as its a Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 with a Pure midsize grip so I have a Pure Big Dog on the way to help a bit with that.

15LKP TPT into F85 head.

Pulling 585 heads for a trade.

Going to cut down a hybrid to play 39.5". And trying to source some new nippon 125 shafts for my xtd forged

I am an iron ho..... there I said it. Admittance is the first step to cure. I am not cured yet though and while I absolutely love my MC Cobra FTB irons, I can't help but tinker with something else. I love the look of Srixon irons and happened across a set of Z545 3-PW that only a couple of the clubs had ever been hit and all indoors. I could not pass up the deal. I do not like the S300 shafts in them at all though as I am not an aggressive swinger and that is really more in line with them. I also find lighter weight graphite shafts to work well timing wise with my swing. I picked up some Recoil 680 Smoke Chrome shafts and some GP Tour Velvet Align grips over the Christmas holiday. Later this afternoon, I will be dropping it all off to my local guy for reshafting, gripping, and some lie angle adjustments. Its crazy that I am so excited to get these back and see how I like them. I am not planning on them replacing my FTBs as a gamer mind you, just something else to tinker around with and maybe play a few rounds with this year. They should be more forgiving then the FTB so when my swing goes to crap again they will see some time on the course I am sure.

Gotta start the "new ferrules" program on my C200s!

Put a TM tip on one of my HZRDUS yellow 6.5 shafts.

So, now I have a TM M1 440 9.5° @ 45" AND a Rogue 9° @ 44.75" both with the HZRDUS yellow 6.5 shafts.

I was fit for NS Pro 1150's two years ago and never pulled the trigger. I recently picked up a set of pulls and will be putting them in my Wilson V4 heads and Srixon U45 23*. Currently waiting on 6g tip weights so I can hit D4.

Just reshafted my 4h and 5i with Project X LZ 6.0's and put the tip back on my HZRDUS 6.5 for the M1. I've been playing the LZ in the 6i for a while. I really like it and I think I'll like having it in my irons. I'm doing them little by little. Don't wanna take a chance on having a nice day to play with my irons mid-build. So, after this, I'll still have the 7-GW to do. I'll likely do the 7, 9, GW one day and then wait until they're done to do the 8 and PW. That way I'm never without a playable set.

Built irons and wedges back together to mix it up as the weather improves.

C Taper Lite X in the irons.
TT Spinners in the wedges.

I pulled the 15 LKP TPT from the JGR last night.

Going either into the F9 or the PXG, hopefully tomorrow’s time on course and range help me settle that one.

Put a TEE adapter on a LA Golf White Tie shaft yesterday afternoon. Will butt trim to length and put a grip on it this afternoon.

I got back my Z545s(yes 545s they were basically new and cheap) from my club builder a couple days ago. I had them paired with UST Recoil 680 Smoke Chrome shafts in F4(stiff) flex. Its too cold to get out to the range the last few days but I did hit a few balls in the back yard and so far I am impressed. They definitely seem longer then my Cobra FTB but they are a bit stronger lofted. They also seem really hot off the face and while not low, ball flight is a little lower then what I have played before. I attribute that mostly to going from a regular flex shaft to a stiff flex. I won't know until I get some time on course with them if this is accurate or not and of course I want to see how they do on approach shots holding greens but I so far I am liking what I am seeing. I will probably be alternating irons for the next couple months some until I decide which is better for my game.

Pulled ping adapter from TPT 16LKP and installed it into a cobra adapter last night.

Also installed shafts into 902’s, turned ferrules, and installed grips

Pulling the Fujikura shafts from my old Callaway XHot Pro 3 and 5 woods and Apex 4 hybrid and putting them in the same TEE CBX clubs. Don't know what it is about Project X shafts but they just never have agreed with me.

259c518ba0e53763d4dc3850dea2ea1f.jpg

Well, that screams Lakers. Haha

Sadly it screams epoxy not 100% set, but it held up to a few swings and is in tact.

Sadly it screams epoxy not 100% set, but it held up to a few swings and is in tact.

Quick set fail for me as well.

I could not keep my hands off the Proforce Gold XX when it was supposed to be drying. Oh well, I just redid everything and did not touch it for 24hrs.

Pulling the Fujikura shafts from my old Callaway XHot Pro 3 and 5 woods and Apex 4 hybrid and putting them in the same TEE CBX clubs. Don't know what it is about Project X shafts but they just never have agreed with me.
Only doing the 3 wood to test it out. Pulled the shafts from both 3 woods and learned the hosel bore in the CBX head is about 1/2" deeper than it was in the XHot Pro (actual hosel longer on XHP) so it will play at 42.5 instead of 43. I will build the 3, add lead tape to the head, test it and go from there.

Time to add an epoxy curing setup....

Back