What are you building? (Club style)

Problem solved. What once was a shortened Fujikura Speeder 661 driver shaft is now a 3 wood shaft and want once was a Speeder 665 3 wood shaft in now a 5 wood shaft. Did not tip any thinking that with the extra hosel depth on the CBX fairway woods it probably would not be needed.

Well, thanks to the dang THP Club Lab I have apparently decided on a late night whim to expand mine.

Ooooooooooooooof.

Good news is, now I can do ALL the work and not have to take anything in anywhere.

Working on a Callaway Epic Flash.

With no added weight to head and cut to 44.5 with LINQ shaft.

00fd860b76c152daf59bad44318a553b.gif

With 8 gram tip weight installed

01a2bbdda4abcf2e307c2b6aaf37c562.gif

You guys are going to ruin me by the time this is all said and done.

On the plus side, I need a legitimate work bench before I actually start buying crazy things haha

On the plus side, I need a legitimate work bench before I actually start buying crazy things haha

We got multiple as you saw. Then had our contractor completely bolt in and level 100% digitally from every side.
As you know for me this is less about building and more about analyzation.
And its just the beginning for the future.

I got a really nice Kobalt one from Home Depot that has let me bolt the things down I needed to and level the whole thing easily. Its been the best thing I have done for building, getting a good bench that is.

Now when the digital scale comes in and I get that other thing that showed up today unpacked and installed in the garage. Look out.

Got the Mitchell loft and lie machine set up. Now just waiting for the new SW scale.

Got the Mitchell loft and lie machine set up. Now just waiting for the new SW scale.

Damn Bud! You're putting out some serious coin there. You'll love the Mitchell. I've had mine for years and it's really the only one I trust. Not to say the others are junk, but it's hard to beat a Mitchell.

Damn Bud! You're putting out some serious coin there. You'll love the Mitchell. I've had mine for years and it's really the only one I trust. Not to say the others are junk, but it's hard to beat a Mitchell.
Mitchell is great. I'd put the MR3 True Blue up against it. I loved my MR3.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

finally going to do something with the nippon wedge shafts

lopping 3" off each and putting them into the nike heads, single length 35.5" for the GW SW LW

Seriously considering adding one of these to my garage...

Titlesit adapter is curing on the THCE shaft, and I have my new 2 hybrid in and on the tour blue, as well as the weights swapped between the epic and 815 hybrid. Putting the 10g weight in the cut down 3 hybrid, and the 7g in the Epic 2 hybrid. Makes both feel way better. Excited about my hybrid line up, and excited to get this 915 bumping on the THCE shaft.

Best way to plug a hot melt port?....ready, go.

Best way to plug a hot melt port?....ready, go.

@Jman is a hot melt wizard. Bet he could throw down some personal experience knowledge here.

Hai.

If you’re talking about an actual port on the sole, I use these:

https://www.golfworks.com/bore-through-shaft-pins/p/btspgv/

You MUST get graphite size, then epoxy the tip into the port, let cure, after it does cut off the excess so it’s flush.

Or, alternatively, I’ve used a tiny circle of lead tape. Weight is insignificant and it holds well.

Hai.

If you’re talking about an actual port on the sole, I use these:

https://www.golfworks.com/bore-through-shaft-pins/p/btspgv/

You MUST get graphite size, then epoxy the tip into the port, let cure, after it does cut off the excess so it’s flush.

Or, alternatively, I’ve used a tiny circle of lead tape. Weight is insignificant and it holds well.
Yep that's what I use. After cutting it use acetone to clean and make it flush

Dynacraft Driving Iron w/Aerotech i70 shaft, black ferrule, CP2 Wrap midsize grip. 40.5" finished length, D2 swing weight.

finally got around to completing this

Nike Engage wedge heads, Nippon NSPro Modus3 115 shafts, Champ C8 grips
insertion depth ~1.25", BBGM ~1.25", each shaft cut to 34" for a playing length of ~35.25", grips are ~46g each, taped

KdQAjnZ.jpg

Dynacraft Driving Iron w/Aerotech i70 shaft, black ferrule, CP2 Wrap midsize grip. 40.5" finished length, D2 swing weight.
I just built an 18° in this head with a PX HZRDUS Black 6.0 and it hits great. Let us know what you think of the club after you have a chance to hit it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Trimmed my G400 down almost an inch to match it with my XR16 length to see if I can recapture some of the magic I had with that driver, in a more forgiving head.

I live in an apartment so I don’t make clubs myself but I just dropped off a 910 hybrid head, RIP alpha 85X hybrid and a white Tour Velvet Cord. I’ve had 3 wood issues over the years so the concept of this is a 3 wood replacement hybrid. It’s a 17* head and it’s being put in at the lowest loft so it’ll be about 16.25* and 41”. I did also grab a Cobra F8+ 3 wood with a Hzrdus Red 75X off of eBay for $169 a couple of days ago so hopefully I’ll be hitting that like a champ, but if not I'll have a strong hybrid to go in and be longer than my 3 iron.

Back