What are you building? (Club style)

Regripped a driving iron last night.

Red & black MCC+4. One of my two favorite grips!
I can get on board with the red and black! They'd match my new ACCRA shafts quite nicely! MCC +4 is still by favourite though.

I can get on board with the red and black! They'd match my new ACCRA shafts quite nicely! MCC +4 is still by favourite though.
It is probably my second favorite grip but they are 1a and 1b. The one that i like a slight bit better is out of production is the Lamkin Z5 tour taper grips. They are similar but different. I think the only color you get in the tour taper (reduced taper) is the gray and black.

Here is my last build. Got some Bridgestone J36 heads from a guy on another forum I belong to. I bought a .370 reaming bit from Golfworks and reamed them out to take parallel shafts. Shafts are Nippon N.S. Pro 1040GH that I got from Rock Bottom Golf a couple of years back. They are parallel tip by the way. Golfpride Tour Wrap grips. Enjoy the pics.20210505_171757.jpg20210505_171738.jpg

Here is my last build. Got some Bridgestone J36 heads from a guy on another forum I belong to. I bought a .370 reaming bit from Golfworks and reamed them out to take parallel shafts. Shafts are Nippon N.S. Pro 1040GH that I got from Rock Bottom Golf a couple of years back. They are parallel tip by the way. Golfpride Tour Wrap grips. Enjoy the pics.View attachment 9007869View attachment 9007870
Fun set.

The epoxy is curing!

Over the last two nights I’ve been slowly working to reshaft my Mizuno MP-18 SC irons onto a set of ACCRA Tour 100i TiMesh shafts. Of course there are custom BB&F ferrules, and Golf Pride MCC+4 grips in blue.

Tonight I got the shafts tip trimmed, sanded, and set into the ferrules and iron heads.

Tomorrow is testing the epoxy cure, trimming to playing length, and installing some grips!

A little bit of work on the front end usually helps things go smoothly:

Ready for epoxy:
I’m happy to report that the epoxy seems to have cured! I did up two batches just to be sure, and they both look good from what I can see.

Got the butt ends trimmed to playing length and grips installed tonight! Just need to turn the ferrules in a few hours when the grips are mostly dry and they’ll be ready for the course tomorrow!

I am beyond excited to hit the course tomorrow!! Very happy with how these turned out. Now just need to give them some swings.

Shafts: ACCRA Tour 100i TiMesh
Heads: Mizuno MP-18 SC
Grips: Golf Pride MCC+4
Ferrules: BB&F Co.

6BFFEA5D-16D1-4592-95F4-F52C9986E3F1.jpeg

356AF4B5-8C3C-4199-917F-110FE76EEA20.jpeg

I finally got around to re-gripping the Maltby 3h and driver with GP wraps so that they'll match the rest of the bag. I'm not sure what kind of solvent and tape Golfworks uses, but I've never had that much issue removing old grips. I normally put a little solvent under the grip and use air to remove them. Nothing doing. Had to cut them off which was a little tricky since I don't have a hook blade.

E77194EF-A3E1-4504-BC0A-4AA3E8330258.jpeg:UST: Recoil 95 F3
:mizuno: 921 Hot Metal Pro
Grip Master Perforated Blue underlay

Building out the extra Kinetixx Velocity shafts to Tour Edge adapters. (y)

Also, thinking today is the day to maybe pull the Edel wedges to start stamping them.

20210525_235409.jpg

Well I was just going to swap heads for tomorrow, but now I guess I won't be playing the RDX , and will need to swap adapters on it. 😕

Spent some time in the garage tonight and prepped a Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue. I tip trimmed to length, and set it into an adapter for my 3 wood.

Good thing I had an extra cartridge of epoxy on hand! I needed to open a new one!

Building an Arm Lock putter and looking at either doing a Frankenstein approach (using my existing seven style head) or build a stock option.

Put together a 54 degree wedge, apollo shaft acer head and tacki mac arthritic oversize grip. Going to try it out tomorrow.

Stuck an S400 in my SM8 58. The MMT shaft was not ideal in it. Was launching it too high.

Trimmed down my Ventus Red.

Regripping a couple clubs tonight

Just finished up a putter build.

kronos release head hand torched
kBS one step matte black shaft
Super stroke claw 1.0 grip
Loft bent to 1 degrees
34.5 length

Shafted up my #6 iron Maltby TS-1 in Recoil 680 F-4, and the TS-1 GW in FST 90 to nearly complete my TS-1 bag. TS-1- 6- PW in 680. GW in FST 90.

I have gradually built this set after building the TS-2 5-PW and GW in the 680 F-4. I have the TSW- 54-58 in FST right now.

Going to do the TSW in DRM finish and have two Maltby iron sets to mix/match and or completely swap out. Still debating on what to do in the #5 iron slot.. I have the 21 degree HiWay and it may stretch to fit that gap, but I need more time with it..

Just threw an SM8 58/08M together with an S200, and ran to get it bent. Going to put it in play in the morning. Trying to decide if I prefer it or the same SM7.

moved the LA Golf putter shaft from my Scotty to a Piretti and put an Accra FX Putter into the Squareback 2.

Back