What are you listening to today?

Dude_Abiding

Reaction score
Handicap
Morning Hackers,

I thought it might be cool to have a thread where we can share what we're currently listening to. Not sure if there will be much interest but I'm going to give it a shot -- music is a huge part of my life. I figured we could share Spotify/Amazon Music/other (legal/non-pirated) hyperlinks to albums, songs, podcasts, whatever.

I'd like this to be a place where we can share without feeling as if we're going to be criticized about our taste. I personally listen to a bit of everything so I would appreciate a thread with a ton of variety -- let's not make people feel unwelcome in what should be a fun and interactive thread. Besides, I know a bunch of you (like me) get the strong urge to roll the car windows down and blare "I feel like a Woman," every now and then.

So, I'll get us started. Here's a new artist I found this week on a Spotify Shuffle --- Silver Lining by Mt. Joy (Spotify link).

Last edited:
Listening to a shuffle of Blackberry Smoke this morning. I'm not a fan of anything country leaning or even Southern Rock but, for some reason, I love this band.

Been on a huge Counting Crows kick for the first time diving into all of their full albums. Criminally underrated, even with all the popularity they had in the 90’s.

I have been diving into Arctic Monkeys lately. They are becoming my favorite band. Their style is so different from almost every other rock band out there and I love how their lead singer sings. Lot's of swagger. I bet I have thumbs upped 70-80 Arctic Monkeys songs on my Pandora.

Some deep dives that are fantastic:

Balaclava
Who The F*** Are The Arctic Monkeys
Temptation Greets You Like Your Naughty Friend
Bigger Boys And Stolen Sweethearts
If You Were There Beware
Leave Before The Lights Come On

The stories in a couple of these songs just make me laugh and remind me of being 20ish again.

I'm listening to Fever333's album Strength in Numb333rs which has absolutely blown me away. Real RATM vibe but with incredible hooks.

At work, it's something not offensive... right now it's deep mix... kind of techno.

On the ride to and from work or elsewhere in my car, it's Amazon music app... something country but I'm getting tired of that... as well as pop, rock... so lately it's been jazz kind of... Diana Krall, Karen Souza, and artists similar to them.

Listening to a shuffle of Blackberry Smoke this morning. I'm not a fan of anything country leaning or even Southern Rock but, for some reason, I love this band.
Love some BBS! Try some Whiskey Meyers

Our my good friends who tour with BBS and Whiskey from time to time

They all have that same sound.

Personally digging some Mammoth WVH Distance but I can't watch the video without getting a foggy eyed. :(

Like most mornings. When I get to the shop I’ll be listening to pga channel on SiriusXM

This is one of my favorite bands. Never would have heard of them if they hadn't popped on my Pandora. They have 4 albums and they are all fire. They are from San Francisco and they finally scheduled a tour east of the Mississippi last year so of course it was cancelled and I didn't get to see them. Anyway hope you enjoy and I will share some more of their songs as the days go by.

Mostly get on 90's binges, but lately I've been jamming out to a lot of Bill Withers and also some St Paul and the Broken Bones.

A little bit of fusion jazz - great sax and bass lines

Listening to BPM Ch 51 on Sirius XM. Found it the other day and love it! I listen to the PGA Tour Radio as well a lot.

This is one of my favorite bands. Never would have heard of them if they hadn't popped on my Pandora. They have 4 albums and they are all fire. They are from San Francisco and they finally scheduled a tour east of the Mississippi last year so of course it was cancelled and I didn't get to see them. Anyway hope you enjoy and I will share some more of their songs as the days go by.

I'm really liking this, thank you!

All the links in here have peaked my interest. I'm going to have to revisit tomorrow while I'm working and tear thru some of this. Keep em coming, folks.

Some of the tunes I’m loving while having an AirPod in on the course is:

Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones
Ride - twenty one pilots
Electric Feel - MGMT

some more lowkey songs that are absolute fire are:
Shine - Bishop Gunn
Heatwaves - Glass Animals

Loving this thread and actually created a username to comment so keep em coming. Take care

Apparently it's variety night. Jerry Reed to AC/DC to Daft Punk

Started my morning with some Widespread Panic. If you're unfamiliar: they're not for everyone but they're a top 3 artist for me. Southern rock / jamband.

Here's Driving Song from 4/28/2002 -- one of their original guitarist's (Mikey) last shows before passing away from Pancreatic Cancer. Their live shows were unlike any other and Mikey sure knew how to make that guitar sing.

If you're not into the singing (many people don't like JB's voice) at least skip to 3:03 and listen to the guitar solo. It gives me chills every time to hear the crowd go CRAZY.

"The light seeps through my window pane and reminds me that it's time to move my life again.
November sun is felt by none -- a chilly breeze blows my thoughts towards what's to come.
A cup of warm coffee, some Vitamin C, a bowl for the cat, a bowl for the dog and a bowl for me....
I choose my bluest T and unlock my car
An honest tune and lingering lead has taken me this far"

I've been revisiting the old Spock's Beard albums (Neal Morse era) this week. Fantastic stuff.

Today is a progressive metal day.

Currently playing is Forget Not by Ne Obliviscaris, a band that managed to seamlessly integrate lead violin into metal.
Then, I presume you're familiar with Unlucky Morpheus.

Started the morning with a listen to my favorite ska punk album of the 90’s. Blue Meanies - Full Throttle

Would have loved to have seen these guys play live back in the day.

Anyone like some 80's Pop Rock? It's my favorite era by far of pop rock. Some very popular songs that always bring a smile to my face:

Back