What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
King’s X has been in heavy rotation lately

RUSH. I hope they'll release some more material.

Peart is retired unfortunately

Yeah, not sure what to make of that. Initially, it seemed he was retiring from "touring." Kind of left open the option that they might still record some albums in the future. However, seems like I read somewhere recently that either Geddy or Alex said in an interview that Neil was completely retired from drumming. I guess time will tell.

Most under-appreciated band ever. (in case I've haven't already mentioned that)

Agreed. Goldilox is one of the greatest songs ever...love that stinking band. Got me through some tough times in the 90’s. I have seen them a lot but one time sticks out...they were opening for Dream Theater and Satch and my mind was blown so much that I just left the venue and wandered around outside. Ended up behind the buses hanging with them, smoking and talking. Great night.

https://youtu.be/sx_YpamL3WY

Agreed. Goldilox is one of the greatest songs ever...love that stinking band. Got me through some tough times in the 90’s. I have seen them a lot but one time sticks out...they were opening for Dream Theater and Satch and my mind was blown so much that I just left the venue and wandered around outside. Ended up behind the buses hanging with them, smoking and talking. Great night.

https://youtu.be/sx_YpamL3WY

I saw that same tour, actually the only time I've seen them. They played on an outdoor stage at the legendary Pop's Concert Venue in Sauget IL, just across the river from STL. It was my first time seeing King's X or Dream Theater. I was disappointed that their set was cut so short. I think they got maybe 40 minutes at most. They were fantastic, though. Dream Theater was the band that gave me that same reaction that night. I couldn't believe they actually played that stuff live, and nailed it. After they finished, I walked away and sat in my minivan for about 20 minutes, stunned. I didn't even stay for Satriani (seen him a few times before that), just drove home. I didn't touch any musical instruments for the next two weeks, out of fear I would just smash them against the wall.
:bulgy-eyes:

I saw that same tour, actually the only time I've seen them. They played on an outdoor stage at the legendary Pop's Concert Venue in Sauget IL, just across the river from STL. It was my first time seeing King's X or Dream Theater. I was disappointed that their set was cut so short. I think they got maybe 40 minutes at most. They were fantastic, though. Dream Theater was the band that gave me that same reaction that night. I couldn't believe they actually played that stuff live, and nailed it. After they finished, I walked away and sat in my minivan for about 20 minutes, stunned. I didn't even stay for Satriani (seen him a few times before that), just drove home. I didn't touch any musical instruments for the next two weeks, out of fear I would just smash them against the wall.
:bulgy-eyes:

I’ve had that experience more lately as I’ve aged and had less time to practice. Argh lol

a3104fe8cd4e9b828f3034a169b10df8.jpg

So so so so good.

86f26b114630a94291781660e8e45e8f.jpg

The Weight is a top 5 all time song for me, for a lot of reasons, and I love this live version by Church.

Been flip flopping between the Revivalists and a mishmash of classical lately.

Idagio= great for classical if anyone is into it.

My tastes are super eclectic

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

e69e701bead38498dc717ca9e2111368.jpg

#HawtCarl

A couple of co-workers were quoting Guns n' Roses this morning in an email exchange so ... Locomotive (Complicity).

fb32dd0568fe4397239fe3a1ad43dc64.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f33ae5fc621d57d6387ef488398e13c6.jpg

R-13253097-1551273884-8386.jpeg.jpg

This Land, Gary Clark Jr.

Took a while to warm up to this one but it finally clicked and I'm digging the new sound.

I’ve gotta work today so I figured why not start the day with a laugh

2d7a6cd5087ceb9582ce2f84617494bc.jpg

Arcade Fire this morning in the office.

What Are You Listening To?

Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell album

cd77d2a983372e5fab7747ab4678cddf.jpg

New Dreamville album dropped last night. Lot of J.Cole features, which I wasn't sure how much he would be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back