What Are You Listening To?

New thread. New tunes? Nope listening to some old My Morning Jacket this morning. Mostly 'It Still Moves' and 'At Dawn' - classics.

I've always really liked guitar based instrumentals, and have been listening to them a lot this week. This is one of my favorites for relaxing when I'm a bit stressed, which has been the case a bit too much lately. Work has been a nightmare, I'm really stressing over my dog having some serious health issues, and to top it off my golf game has been a disaster lately. Music doesn't make any of that go away, but sure helps me cope:

I'll probably be posting more soon.

Another instrumental, an all time favorite, and a great traveling tune. Way back when a bunch of us used to load up in a friend's van around 3:00 - 4:00 AM to head out to some distant surf spot, so we could be in the water at first light, and this was one of the tunes that always got us going.

Pink Floyd remasters

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MichiganGripRip;n8877453 said:
Pink Floyd remasters

Your mention of Remasters reminded me of another instrumental I've been listening to lately (listening to it again now). A "bonus track" on the remastered Led Zeppelin IV - Deluxe Edition that was released a few years back, the guitar/mandolin mix of Going to California:

[video=youtube;mBk98FT-wPk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBk98FT-wPk[/video]

OldeDude;n8877514 said:
Your mention of Remasters reminded me of another instrumental I've been listening to lately (listening to it again now). A "bonus track" on the remastered Led Zeppelin IV - Deluxe Edition that was released a few years back, the guitar/mandolin mix of Going to California:

[video=youtube;mBk98FT-wPk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBk98FT-wPk[/video]
Excellent variation. I especially like the BBC sessions work that Zeppelin has

Frank Sinatra - The Capitol Years

At this current moment, Jason Derulo Radio on Pandora...song currently on is I Don't Mind (Feat Juicy J) by Usher. LOL.

Mickey and the Roadster Racers

An all time favorite. These guys, along with Black Sabbath and a few others, moved the needle from hard rock towards heavy metal in the early 70s.

Elton John - Greatest Hits (1970 - 2002). Currently on Rocket Man.

OldeDude;n8876446 said:
I've always really liked guitar based instrumentals, and have been listening to them a lot this week. This is one of my favorites for relaxing when I'm a bit stressed, which has been the case a bit too much lately. Work has been a nightmare, I'm really stressing over my dog having some serious health issues, and to top it off my golf game has been a disaster lately. Music doesn't make any of that go away, but sure helps me cope:

I'll probably be posting more soon.

Wow, not too many would reference Gary Hoey, one helluva guitar player.

I bounce all over the place, currently listening to Sublime Radio on Pandora.

Gets me every single time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566434284.7714.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1566434284.7714.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 5
I have a Radiohead Pandora station going now.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band today:

I see a lot of music here but I have a hard time focusing on my work with music playing so I go more the podcast route. A must is the ForePlay and No Laying Up podcast's. When I'm listening to music I'm typically just listening to Alt Nation on SiriusXM

I heard this morning that guitarist Neal Casal has passed so I had been listening to his Circles Around the Sun project that originated as set break music for the Grateful Dead’s 50th anniversary Fare Thee Well shows.

Last edited:
I was listening to Freedy Johnston’s This Perfect World album last night. This is one of my favorite complete albums. He is relatively obscure but a great singer/songwriter.

Listening to the new Tool album. I'm that guy who can't wait until the release date. I haven't been a huge fan of the last couple albums, so we'll see how I feel about this one.

The new Tanya Tucker album last night. Really good.

Nappy;n8891515 said:
Listening to the new Tool album. I'm that guy who can't wait until the release date. I haven't been a huge fan of the last couple albums, so we'll see how I feel about this one.

I watched Maynard on The Joe Rogan podcast a few weeks ago. I will give the new album a shot. I am with you on the last few....I miss the 90’s alternative scene.

Danimal;n8891525 said:
I watched Maynard on The Joe Rogan podcast a few weeks ago. I will give the new album a shot. I am with you on the last few....I miss the 90’s alternative scene.

Completely agree. I'm could listen to 90's all day. It's the only reason I keep an XM subscription LOL>

Back