What Are You Listening To?

I like listening to podcasts. There are about 8 I listen to religiously. It gets me through the day at work while I am doing the tasks I need to get done.

A great cover of Rush's Subdivisions by Jacob Moon. I go back to this one over and over because it's that good.

Thinking fondly of Florida golf and listening to this classic:

non-stop COVID conference calls updates from a financial standpoint

Song of the morning.... this is impressive.

Dan Dubuque covering RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE's "Killing In The Name Of" on Weissenborn Slide Guitar

Been picking up some 80's music lately. Doing deep dives on The Cars and The Police.
Me and some friends have been working on a couple joint playlists on spotify. Yesterday someone suggested an eighties playlist i think my first contribution will be The Clash “ Bankrobber” some pretty good eighties stuff out there.

A great book by Angela Duckworth titled, "Grit".

New Local H is dominating my playlist lately

Country Top 30 from April 10, 1999.

I'm set for the month of May.

1588444209007.png

Found this yesterday. I stumbled across an interview with the guy who mixed the original album, and he talked about how much he hated the finished product, but it was what Lars wanted. This other guy recorded new bass tracks and remixed it as it should have sounded, had Lars not pulled back all the bass tracks to barely there.

"Justice" could be one of the best metal albums ever ... now that you can hear the bass lines.

Thanks to my thread, tonight I’ll be falling asleep to Dire Straits and Steely Dan

I’ve been hooked on three different sounds this week. Relaxing with Trevor Hall, working out with Stormzy (Gang Signs & Prayer) and hanging out with Dirty Heads and Quinn XCII.

If you even remotely like progressive rock/metal you have to check this out.

The Red Elvises-Lunatics & Poets. sort of a mix between Barenaked Ladies, Chris Issac & Jimmy Buffet with a Russian flare.

Listening to King Diamond as I browse the internet

Discover there was music before I was born

******* brutal. Just pure brilliance. I was at that concert and Gojira killed it.

Sunny day and having no plans I put on some Sublime and I was feeling fine! Old music is always better.

"hold music" being played by Lowes Customer Support....

Dusted off some Tierney Sutton tonight. In On The Other Side she changess tempo on a bunch of standards. What a set of pipes.

Back