What are you reading?

A Higher Call.
About a WWII bomber crew and a German fighter pilot.
True story. Really good so far.

That’s one in my que, hope to get to it soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Life Well Played by Arnold Palmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atomic Habits by James Clear

I wonder if I can use the info in this book to kill my bad habit of swinging OTT!!

A Higher Call.
About a WWII bomber crew and a German fighter pilot.
True story. Really good so far.
Atomic Habits by James Clear

I wonder if I can use the info in this book to kill my bad habit of swinging OTT!!
These are both on my list. About to start Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins.

The Godfather

I’ve always wanted to read it, it’s amazing so far.

I'm about to get back into the rules and decisions again.

As much as it's an uphill climb trying to understand it all, the rules have always fascinated me, and the discussions that surround them.

I'm about to get back into the rules and decisions again.

As much as it's an uphill climb trying to understand it all, the rules have always fascinated me, and the discussions that surround them.

Excellent sleeping material.

Is it? Or does it get your blood boiling when you read that one rule and start thinking "COME ON MAN!!!"

Nah, I’ve accepted they’re all ridiculously overcomplicated.

Reading about the Hermit of Ft. Fisher here at Carolina Beach.

Justin Cronin's trilogy: I'm working on the last novel (The City of Mirrors). Not bad.

The Godfather

I’ve always wanted to read it, it’s amazing so far.

Annnnnnnd stayed up like 3 hours too long reading last night.

So so so good.

Storm Warning: The Story of a Killer Tornado by Nancy Mathis.

Background and events leading up to the May 3, 1999 F5 tornado that hit the Oklahoma City metro area.

Finished Godfather. Amazing. Better than the movie because of the detail, but makes me convinced the movie might be the best portrayal of a book ever.

On to Ready Player One.

Finished Godfather. Amazing. Better than the movie because of the detail, but makes me convinced the movie might be the best portrayal of a book ever.

On to Ready Player One.

It’s been a long time since I read The Godfather but I remember it being quite good. Reading the book heightened the experience of watching the movie afterwards.

It’s been a long time since I read The Godfather but I remember it being quite good. Reading the book heightened the experience of watching the movie afterwards.

All the little background and inner monologue thoughts of the characters were amazing. Was so good, read it in four days.

On to Ready Player One.
Ready Player One is so much fun. Movie kinda sucked.

Ready Player One is so much fun. Movie kinda sucked.

I kinda thought the movie was fun, but, def one of those I knew immediately while watching the book would blow it away.

All the little background and inner monologue thoughts of the characters were amazing. Was so good, read it in four days.

Yep. It was interesting learning more about the side characters that could not be fleshed out in the movie. It’s a quick read. Of all places, I picked it up at a hostel in New Zealand and read it in a few days.

I kinda thought the movie was fun, but, def one of those I knew immediately while watching the book would blow it away.
I probably would have liked the movie more if I hadn't read the book first. I have to be the guy that says "meh, the book was better" because obviously they are different formats with different constraints. But I felt like the movie made a lot of needless changes from the book and the changes didn't improve the story.

So... enjoy the book!

The Devils Anvil - The Assault on Peleliu

Fought in September 1944 on a tiny Coral island 500 miles East of the Philippines, the battle left 1500 Americans dead, thousands more wounded, and produced 8 Medals of Honor (five posthumously). 10,000 Japanese fought to their deaths in 2 months of battle.

The Devils Anvil - The Assault on Peleliu

Fought in September 1944 on a tiny Coral island 500 miles East of the Philippines, the battle left 1500 Americans dead, thousands more wounded, and produced 8 Medals of Honor (five posthumously). 10,000 Japanese fought to their deaths in 2 months of battle.

Thanks, my kind of book.
This battle was an eye opener and a shock to what the US faced in future island invasions.

Just finished how to make friends and influence people for the 3rd time.

Waiting on “Lead for Gods sake” to show up. Comes highly recommended by a few of my peers at work.

Just finished how to make friends and influence people for the 3rd time.

Waiting on “Lead for Gods sake” to show up. Comes highly recommended by a few of my peers at work.
Such a great book, I've read and listened to it a handful of times myself.

I just finished Leadership and Self Deception. It should be retitled relationships and self deception, it's a great book on how to handle any person in your life.

Back