What are you reading?

Tim Dorsey’s latest, Naked Came the Florida Man. Lovable serial killer Serge Storms and his perpetually-stoned sidekick Coleman are at it again!

One of the few authors I’ll preorder (Lee Child is another), and I’m never disappointed.

I never got into the Harry Potter books but my wife loves them and we recently visited universal in Orlando. I figured i should see what all the hype is about. About halfway through chamber of secrets

Really in to Brad Meltzer and Harlan Coben. Suspense/murder mystery types with some history thrown in by Meltzer

Love and Betrayal (self-improvement)
Art of the Short Game (Utley)
Negotiating the Nonnegotiable
The Advantage (corporate relationships)

The Golfers Journal #10 ;)

A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie and it’s fantastic thus far, per usual.

Start of another great trilogy. Interesting to see Abercrombie examining the development of technology into the world of magic.

Currently finishing off Fallen by Benedict Jacka (the 10th Alex Verus novel). A good urban fantasy series for fans of Jim Butcher.

THP seems to be hoarding my time.

Hellequin Chronicles series by Steve McHugh.

A ways into the re-read of The Stormlight Archive series of books by Brandon Sanderson.
Have about 3 hours left in "The Way of Kings".
Then on to read "Words of Radiance".
Then on to "Oathbringer".
As "The Rhythm of War" comes out in November, so have some hard reading to do before then as they are all 1000 page books. :cool:

A ways into the re-read of The Stormlight Archive series of books by Brandon Sanderson.
As "The Rhythm of War" comes out in November, so have some hard reading to do before then as they are all 1000 page books. :cool:
Currently reading Noble House which is part of James Clavell's Asia saga which is historical fiction based in Asia. I loved Shogun and Taipan and am finding Noble House almost as good. Western business tycoons in Hong Kong in the 1960's battling for supremacy amidst plots by the KGB, communist China, local gangs, and the U.S. mafia among others. There are a lot of plotlines to keep track of but it's a pretty great book so far.

I've read over 1000 books since college, but I've significantly cut down on reading since presbyopia has set in. I also speed read so audio books are frustrating to me.

So many great books, but here are a few I'd recommend:

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
East of Eden - John Steinbeck
The Far Pavilions - M.M. Kaye
The Source - James Michener
Nicholas Nickleby - Charles Dickens
The Stand - Steven King
Aprentice Adept (series) - Piers Anthony

I'm on book 2 of the Fletch series (yes, that Fletch). If you've seen the movie, you've read the first book. But the second book is nothing like Fletch Lives, which was an abomination. I'm enjoying the series.

Currently reading Noble House which is part of James Clavell's Asia saga which is historical fiction based in Asia. I loved Shogun and Taipan and am finding Noble House almost as good. Western business tycoons in Hong Kong in the 1960's battling for supremacy amidst plots by the KGB, communist China, local gangs, and the U.S. mafia among others. There are a lot of plotlines to keep track of but it's a pretty great book so far.
Ah so you like long books as well. I've read Shogun before, and own Taipan, but never got around to reading it. You've peaked my interest. Thanks! (y)

Ah so you like long books as well. I've read Shogun before, and own Taipan, but never got around to reading it. You've peaked my interest. Thanks! (y)
I would definitely recommend it. Shogun is definitely the best of the series but I loved Taipan. Great storytelling and gets into the action fast. Noble house is really great too but there's so many characters and side plots that it can be tough to follow.

Yeah I seem to always love the longer ones with elaborate plotlines. GOT will always be my favorite and I find myself reading a lot of long fantasy series these days.

I've been trying to keep up with my normal author rotation. However I have been disappointed with the last two Baldacci books. I guess I'm not a big fan of the "Memory Man." I'm on the waiting list at the local library for the latest Harlan Coban (spelling?) book.

Two books in the rotation at the moment.

"The Great Influenza" on the 1918 flu pandemic and response to it here in the US

To balance the dark subject matter also rereading The Harry Potter series simultaneously. Currently on book 3 - Prisoner of Azkaban

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just finished "Carrying the Fire" by Michael Collins - Apollo 11 astronaut. Old book, but a great read about his career and his time in space.

Also, read "The Operator" by Robert J O'Neill. It's his story about his time as a Navy SEAL, time on Team 6/DEVGRU and the mission to get bin Laden.

Right now I have been re-reading Total Golf by Tomasi and others.

Not looking for any swing tips. Just like reading about the golf swing.

Last week I read some stuff about Hogan. Same reason.

I picked up a copy of the Great Gatsby from one of the little free libraries. Never read it before and its short. Should be an easy quick one. (That's what she said.)

The TV and radio I just find annoying and upsetting, so I think going back to some reading is in order.

Half way through "Words of Radiance" what a huge book! Love it!

Reading some David Baldacci novels lately. Haven't kept up on his offerings for a while, so there are a few that are continuing some of the series he writes that I'm getting into.

Back