What are you reading?

I'm reading Bill O'Reilly's Killing The Rising Sun,
and on deck is his Killing of Crazy Horse.

Last edited:
Reading some David Baldacci novels lately. Haven't kept up on his offerings for a while, so there are a few that are continuing some of the series he writes that I'm getting into.
I like Baldacci, but can't really get into his latest series with the "Memory Man." But otherwise he's always a good read.

Just finishing “The Great “Influenza.” It’s about the 1918 Pandemic. Some of the parallels to what we are experiencing now are amazing.

Fanatical Prospecting

Onto the Avalon Chronicles by Steve McHugh.

I like Baldacci, but can't really get into his latest series with the "Memory Man." But otherwise he's always a good read.
I kind of feel the same way. I really liked his first Puller novel, Zero Day. Sort of a Jack Reacher type. But then I felt like he neutered Puller in the later books. :|

I read a few of the Memory Man novels, but they left me feeling like the protagonist is just a major tool and that Baldacci doesn't know how to write dialogue. :unsure:

I haven't picked up a book in a while, but just finished reading Wyatt Earp, Frontier Marshal by Stuart N. Lake. Great, well-researched biography.

Just finished Tim Dorsey’s Tropic of Stupid, another madcap Serge Storms adventure. Dorsey is always a fun read.

Next up is Dreamland by Bob Lazar. Lazar was an Area 51 employee who allegedly witnessed first hand the alien technology being reverse-engineered at that facility. (Full disclosure, I’m an X-Files fan, so there is that...the truth is out there.)

Book my mother in law left at the house. I’m really not a big reader so this one has taken awhile.

GOLF magazine. I want a new book, I real novel.

Christopher Reich's Simon Riske series is good stuff.

Last edited:
Finished The Eternal Summer last week & starting Texas Golf Legends probably tomorrow.

Just finished, "Younger Next Year" great read and very helpful for a guy my age starting back into working out

Caesar: Life of a colossus by Adrian Goldsworthy(for like the 4th time)
Phillip and Alexander by Adrian Goldsworthy

I highly recommend all of this authors books, especially if you are interested in 300bc-17ad Roman history.

Haven’t been reading as my local library has again stopped in person browsing. Once it’s allowed again, and hopefully soon, I’ll get back to reading.

“The Proving Ground” about the Sydney-Hobart sailboat race back in 1998. They encountered a massive storm. Some amazing stories of survival, rescue and tragedy.

I just recently discovered the author Jack Carr. He has a 3 book series and his main character is James Reece (almost like a Mitch Rapp character). Carr gets a bit over the top with his military acronyms and descriptions, but so far I've read two of the three and they have proven to be a "good read."

“Dream Golf : The Making Of Bandon Dunes” Stephen Goodwin

Just finished Wiseguy by Nicholas Pileggi. Pretty good read if you like The Goodfellas and interested in mafia stuff. About to get started on A Life in Parts by Bryan Cranston.

Steve Jobs.

I started two books yesterday. A how-to book on rebuilding a Ford flathead V8 and a Disney World guide book.

663FE167-8385-4CAE-9D3D-4C7A93382998.jpeg
5E64B9D0-7F3C-48BA-A223-8BD69F10E4A3.jpeg

I just finished Steve Berry’s The Kaiser’s Web. Next up is Brad Taylor’s American Patriot.

Back