What are you reading?

Just started Game of Thrones again. I pick up new details every time I read these. This is my third time through.

I’m reading the Saxon Stories series again. I first started reading it in 2007, and then read each new book when it was released. I read the thirteenth and final book when it came out last winter. Now, I’m doing my first non-stop read-through of the whole series.

For anyone who liked the TV series on BBC/Netflix, you’ll love the books. The show, which is actually pretty well done, is a pale shadow of the books. There’s way too many pages crammed into way too little screen time to really do it all justice.

A12F9C0E-F236-4676-AEFF-792B601AE50C.jpeg

Several different books on the mental game as well as the mind in general. Expanding my coaching breadth to get the kids and program to their highest level of success.

Hyperion by Dan Simmons

Excellent Sci-Fi book so far

Just started Alex Trebek's The Answer Is....

Just find the guy fascinating and I've been a huge Jeopardy fan.

Just wrapped up The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin last night and started The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi.

Really enjoyed The Three-Body Problem, need to pick up the last two in the trilogy.

Several different books on the mental game as well as the mind in general. Expanding my coaching breadth to get the kids and program to their highest level of success.
Have any recommendations?!

I wish I could find something to read and actually enjoy it. I just would rather turn on the tv and be entertained

Just finished The American Triumvirate, about Hogan, Nelson & Snead. Working on The Royal & Ancient now.

Just got Anthony Bourdain's last book in the mail today and will be starting on that one.

Now that the show American Gods is over I realized I forgot a lot of the differences between the book and the show. So I am reading the book again.

Now that the show American Gods is over I realized I forgot a lot of the differences between the book and the show. So I am reading the book again.

Didn't realize the show was based on a book. I watched the first three or four episodes and then it slipped off the radar. Will have to pick up the book.

Just finished John Sandford’s Ocean Prey. One of the best in the Prey series.

The Hospital

The name of the wind by Patrick Rothfuss

Just started the second Darth Bane Star Wars book. First one was pretty good. It is about the start of the Sith.

This summer I read “Roots” for the first time and I just finished “The Kite Runner” both amazing books. It’s been a long time since I took the time to read for pleasure. The good news is I can now cherry-pick classics!

Last edited:
I
I wish I could find something to read and actually enjoy it. I just would rather turn on the tv and be entertained
I know you posted this awhile ago, but try “The Tender Bar”. It’s a story a lot of men can relate to. There has to be a character or characters that anyone of us can connect to. Great story about the evolution into manhood we all experience.

Just got done reading Killers of Flower Moon

Read Ready Player One and I Am Legend recently. Will be reading the first again, but not the second.

Read Ready Player One and I Am Legend recently. Will be reading the first again, but not the second.
Ready player one was pretty good. Ready player two was okay.

Mistborn Secret History. By Brandon Sanderson.
If you are up on his books, there are tons of cosmere Easter eggs in this one.
About half of the way through.

Back