What are you reading?

I have read quite a bit the last two years for my master's program. I wind up having to read new summer reading books as a teacher. So...during the year I generally stick to golf books. I am working my way through A Course Called Scotland. I read America this summer and prompted me to go out and buy Ireland and Scotland. Giving me food for thought for a future trip across the pond. I have another Harvey Penick book on tap for February/March as I get ready for another golf season up here.

I started reading How To Be An anti-Racist. For the first time since I don’t know when I just can’t get through it. It’s going back to the library unfinished.

1634472602490.jpeg

That one is on my kindle now. I’m about a third of the way through it but doubt that I’ll finish. Nothing wrong with the content, but the pep talk really isn’t resonating with me right now. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’ve listened to two on audio and I’ve learned to use what I know will help me and leave what might not so much. Looking forward to find if this one has some more tidbits.

Need a new series to start.

Think I’m going to try and tackle Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas. It’s a re-do from a required reading way back in High School. Didn’t register the first time around… gonna see how it goes nearly 40 yrs. later.

Think I’m going to try and tackle Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas. It’s a re-do from a required reading way back in High School. Didn’t register the first time around… gonna see how it goes nearly 40 yrs. later.
Orwell’s 1984 is on my radar…somehow seems more relevant now 🤔

I just finished “Peril.” I am starting “Human Compatible.”

I think 1984 is next on my list as well. It’s been quite a few years.

I just finished Origin by Dan Brown again. I really enjoy that series.

It’s an easy read now, and definitely more shocking as an adult.

I think 1984 is next on my list as well. It’s been quite a few years.

I just finished Origin by Dan Brown again. I really enjoy that series.
Was that one ok? I’ve put it off out of fear of let down.

Was that one ok? I’ve put it off out of fear of let down.
It was alright, definitely not as good as Angels & Demons or The Da Vinci Code. It was still enjoyable though, with the usual Dan Brown twists.

Man I can't even tell you the last time I read a book.

It was alright, definitely not as good as Angels & Demons or The Da Vinci Code. It was still enjoyable though, with the usual Dan Brown twists.
Didn’t work at all for me…probably the last Dan Brown I’ll read. Same thing happened with the most recent Daniel Silva book, another author I had always enjoyed.

Fortunately I have a new Lee Child preordered that’s drops next week.

Didn’t work at all for me…probably the last Dan Brown I’ll read. Same thing happened with the most recent Daniel Silva book, another author I had always enjoyed.

Fortunately I have a new Lee Child preordered that’s drops next week.
I’ll agree that it definitely felt different than the others in the Langdon series.

Im starting Dune

Enemy at the Gates, the latest Mitch Rapp novel.

The Battle for Spain: Spanish Civil War 1936-39 by Antony Bevor
Really good so far and gives some great background on the social/political/economic reasons for the conflict and rise of Franco

Just started Fahrenheit 451 after wrapping up The Scarecrow by Micheal Connelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished Jesse Watters "How I Saved the World"
If you are Fox News watcher, You'll like the book. It's light and entertaining.
Because you are used to hearing his voice it reads like he's reading it.

After binge-watching Reacher on Prime, I’m rereading Die Trying, one of Lee Child’s earliest Jack Reacher adventures.

Back