Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Popcorn. Extra butter.

Baby carrots.

Boy, I'm pathetic.

I got a big basket of treats yesterday so I've sampled the chocolate bar, the chocolate covered pretzels, the chocolate covered almonds and the potato chips today.

I was seeing a trend until you got to the chips.

Nothing. But I wish I was eating pie.

A honeycrisp apple. Im up in the air on these things.

Nothing. But I wish I was eating pie.

Pie does sound good. I could go for strawberry rhubarb or chocolate cream or key lime pie right now. Or there is a pie store in NYC that makes a sour cream apple pie with a crunchy top that is particularly yummy.

It can be if it's between meals and isn't dessert!

I dont think they are living up to the hype everyone gave them.

They may be late season ones, which tend to get a little grainy. And they can be too tart if they are too green.

I'm disappointed in myself that I let 6 of them go bad. When you mentioned them, I ran to my kitchen and cut one up to eat, but it was not good.

Pie isn't exactly a snack.

I do tend to make an entire meal out of pie.

Still, I want pie.

pie is good...

They may be late season ones, which tend to get a little grainy. And they can be too tart if they are too green.

I'm disappointed in myself that I let 6 of them go bad. When you mentioned them, I ran to my kitchen and cut one up to eat, but it was not good.

Im not saying they are bad, Ive been buying them for the last month and a half. Im just saying for as much as everyone pumped them up, they arent as spectacular as I thought they would be. They dont beat a perfect plum.

Im not saying they are bad, Ive been buying them for the last month and a half. Im just saying for as much as everyone pumped them up, they arent as spectacular as I thought they would be. They dont beat a perfect plum.

Gasman - The best ones are from MN. They're being grown in other places and those aren't as good. The ones I bought last year that were only from MN were much sweeter than the ones I bought this year.

Gasman - The best ones are from MN. They're being grown in other places and those aren't as good. The ones I bought last year that were only from MN were much sweeter than the ones I bought this year.

Diane-

You are right about that. The University of Minnesota owned the patent on the HC apple up until last year. They had very strict quality control requirements for anyone they licensed to grow HC because (I'm assuming this part) they wanted to grow the brand reputation.

That patent expired last year. The up-side is that HC apples are now available much longer than in previous years. The down-side is that they aren't as good. The Washington ones are close, but not quite as good. I'm hoping that, as other growers learn and develop, the quality will improve and we will have them year round.

I've been living off those things for the past 2 months. I don't know what I'm gonna do when the supply runs out and I have to switch to something else.

I ate way too many snacks and feel fat now.

Chocolate chip cookies.

It's not really snacking but I'm having a hot chocolate. With a bunch of extra marshmallows.

I'm licking a spoonfull of peanut butter as I drink hot chocolate. It's kinda like a warm reese's... mmmmm!

I'm licking a spoonfull of peanut butter as I drink hot chocolate. It's kinda like a warm reese's... mmmmm!

Add a little Kahlua and I think you've got a hat trick there!

Garlic pistachios, LOVE THEM :beauty:

Garlic pistachios, LOVE THEM :beauty:

Those sound yummy. I love pistacios. Last time I had some they were from Costco. They were pretty good.

Just had a handful of wheat thins with Kaukauna cheese.

The finest form of food with which whatever higher power in which you believe has ever granted man- cold pizza.

Back