What are you watching? (No Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
they played CaddyShack like 5 times in a row last night on the Golf Channel...:bulgy-eyes:

Yeah. Cut and streched.:angry: Cable does no justice for most movies.

Band Of Brothers on Blu- Ray. AWESOME. Next is Caddyshack on HD-DVD.

Mytime...what is Band of Brothers about? I know I have heard that title before.

Band of Brothers is incredible.

I didn't have HBO when it came out. After it was released on TV, my brother talked me into watching it. I rented the first DVD to see if I would like it. I spent the rest of the weekend driving all over town looking for every DVD in the series. I watched the whole series in one weekend.

I still watch it every time they show it on the History Channel (except the Bastogne episode - that one is just too hard to watch over and over.)

Band of Brothers is incredible.

I still watch it every time they show it on the History Channel (except the Bastogne episode - that one is just too hard to watch over and over.)

Harry, I'm guessing the Bastogne episode is where a key character(s) 'exits' the series??

Harry, I'm guessing the Bastogne episode is where a key character(s) 'exits' the series??

Yes, but that could be said of every episode.

The reason it is so hard to watch is because of the conditions and the length of the battle. Bastonge (Belgian town) was one of the central battlegrounds during the Battle of the Bulge. A brutal winter, troops isolated and pinned down, and supplies running out. Troops living in foxholes with no heat, and medical care was limited (to say the least.)

A phenomenal episode, but hard to watch.

chevron golf... its pretty good

Yes, but that could be said of every episode.

The reason it is so hard to watch is because of the conditions and the length of the battle. Bastonge (Belgian town) was one of the central battlegrounds during the Battle of the Bulge. A brutal winter, troops isolated and pinned down, and supplies running out. Troops living in foxholes with no heat, and medical care was limited (to say the least.)

A phenomenal episode, but hard to watch.

It's one of the more graphic episodes.

Didn't your mom tell you? You'll go blind if you keep doing that.

Haha, thats awesome.

Im watching Rocky IV on Versus. Rocky meets the Commie with a 2000 PSI punch. Drago will crush you.

dj.jpg

Padraig Harrington teaching Stephanie Sparks how to Riverdance.

michael_flatley24.jpg

PSA: Band of Brothers

PSA: Band of Brothers

There is a Band of Brothers marathon on the History Channel today. They are on episode 2 right now.

Im watching Band of Brothers too, im on Normandy right now. The problem is that every time its on I never leave the house and I have a ton of stuff I have to do today.

Thanks Harry, I've never watched this show, until now.:D

Okay, the one thing you should know (that you wouldn't know if you missed the first episode) is that EZ Company had a particularly brutal Drill Sergeant at boot camp (played by David Schwimmer) and as a result, they are very inclusive about their Company. They feel that other Companies are inferior (not as well trained) because they didn't go through the hell that EZ Company went through. The men of EZ Company are very bonded over that issue.

I'm going to be watching "The Dark Knight" in about 1 hour.
387_smiley_face_batman.gif

Right now I'm back to watching Band of Brothers, really good series. I might have to buy the DVD set for my in-laws.

Anyone watching the Emerald Bowl? I've noticed a few Florida folks on this site. We've attended this bowl game twice - mostly just because we wanted to see the Giants ballpark in a football configuration. It ain't pretty, though. The games were very tough to watch from most areas of the yard. Oh, and don't believe when they mention that tonight's game is played in front of a full house - notice you never do see wide angle crowd scenes. A case of wishful thinking on the part of ESPN.

Anyone watching the Emerald Bowl? I've noticed a few Florida folks on this site. We've attended this bowl game twice - mostly just because we wanted to see the Giants ballpark in a football configuration. It ain't pretty, though. The games were very tough to watch from most areas of the yard. Oh, and don't believe when they mention that tonight's game is played in front of a full house - notice you never do see wide angle crowd scenes. A case of wishful thinking on the part of ESPN.

Yep! Watching it now with the parentals.

Go Cal Bears!

(I have no connection to Cal and, in fact, several of my friends went to Stanford, but I HATE the 'Canes.)

Yep! Watching it now with the parentals.

Go Cal Bears!

(I have no connection to Cal and, in fact, several of my friends went to Stanford, but I HATE the 'Canes.)

I thought there was some bowl game on earlier where a Florida team was whipping Wisconsin's butt? I only know about this stuff as The Kid narrates them. He is particularly fond of shouting "huzzah!" as he pumps his fist, so it's pretty entertaining. But both kids are crashed at the moment, and I'm about to follow.

I thought there was some bowl game on earlier where a Florida team was whipping Wisconsin's butt? I only know about this stuff as The Kid narrates them. He is particularly fond of shouting "huzzah!" as he pumps his fist, so it's pretty entertaining. But both kids are crashed at the moment, and I'm about to follow.

That was the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando. Florida State beat Wisconsin 42-13.

That was the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando. Florida State beat Wisconsin 42-13.

You know I can't keep Division I schools straight. 'Cept my Dad went to Wisconsin, so I've always had a soft spot for Bucky Badger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back