What Are You Working On?

Many things at the moment. Sequencing, tension, dropping before downswing, and outside follow-thru.

Had a good sessions last night with trying to make every swing as tension free as possible. Light grip and loose shoulders. It worked very well. Sequencing figured itself out if I stayed loose. Need to remember to follow-thru.

Dropping before the downswing may have to wait. It's a hard move to do. I have a lesson on Friday and have some specific questions to ask and we'll see what I need to work on.

Presently, I'm working on my chipping stance and transitioning to a mallet putter from a blade. Specifically, narrowing my stance after I found it had been getting wider which had been causing me to chunk a few recently. For the putter transition, my line is a bit better with the lack of twist compared to a blade, but I'm trying to dial in my distances.

Consistency in full swing, chipping, and putting. I have my moments, but putting it all together has been a struggle.

Still working on balance and keeping my feet quieter. I do well at times but when I get tired, and sometimes if my balance feels off in the backswing, I revert. Frustrating af.

Working on making better decisions in the short game. I feel I can get the ball closer to hole by drawing my chip shots

After 3 putting almost every green. I am
Intent to use the line on ball for at least 5 rounds to see that works.

Looks like mostly sunshine here for the next few days. Put the golf net back up. While the oven preheated for some cast iron steaks tonight, I took my new Adams 5H out just to see what I could do with it. First time swinging a hybrid. First couple of swings weren't good at all. Then, remembering weight forward, hit the hybrid like a long iron, etc. I hit quite a few shots and made decent contact even though I was swinging off my lawn, not fairway short by any means. I have to start following through dang it. Like belt buckle at target in the finish. Oh yeah, and rotating around the spine angle, no lifting up dummy. I was decently happy with the contact for today. Now, which direction the ball would have gone... I have no idea.

i'm working on undoing all the random swing videos that pop up in IG...i've let them creep into my head and my driver swing is inoperative.

The last tip of advice I got from my pro really made me ponder 🤔. “You swing the club with your Skeleton. The rest is all jelly”

i'm working on undoing all the random swing videos that pop up in IG...i've let them creep into my head and my driver swing is inoperative.
Ditto. And it’s all the click bait junk.

Back