Votes: 25 41.0%

• Total voters

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
This is calling all the lunatics and data people and ones with their own monitors and ones who have been fit at a place like Club Champion that uses 6 irons. There's tables and old school general rules/ideas, but they don't really take into account individual needs and the clubs we use.

So what do you spin your 6i at on a strike you like with your club and your ball?

And is it ideal for you? Would you want more or less for your clubs or flights or whatever?

General curiosity because CC has been on my mind, and I really haven't changed balls much in a bit and have been hitting a lot lately with new stuff on the next season horizon. Some pretty decent differences in them. And I'm curious where other people live with this, and where they want to.

To deep for me Have no idea, only numbers I pay attention to are on the scorecard.

To deep for me Have no idea, only numbers I pay attention to are on the scorecard.
I get that. And many won't know. A lot of people here have been fit with 6 irons though, so they should have a fair idea of theirs.

I’m seeing around 4-5k on consistent strikes now. I like it.

I kinda just learning about spin and the windows I want to be in (wasn’t really a thing for me 20 years ago). I’m not sure if 4-5k is ‘ideal’ but it feels right. I’m getting the 6i in the air on a good ball flight with a distance I like. It seems like my spin is enough.

I was thinking it was low because I was looking at those charts you mentioned. It’s nice to have them as ranges but they lack the context of our individual games and course conditions.

I kinda just learning about spin and the windows I want to be in (wasn’t really a thing for me 20 years ago). I’m not sure if 4-5k is ‘ideal’ but it feels right. I’m getting the 6i in the air on a good ball flight with a distance I like. It seems like my spin is enough.

I was thinking it was low because I was looking at those charts you mentioned. It’s nice to have them as ranges but they lack the context of our individual games and course conditions.
That's part of why I wanted some feedback too. That's one of the only resources, and I think it can lead some people to have the wrong expectations for themselves and their gear.

It’s the Bears. The Bears suck.

I mean can you believe they let go of Davante Adams?

According to this, I'm at a bit over 5500. It's all I have for the 6i, and I don't really understand what's good or bad.

6iMaltby2021.jpg

I get about 4900 with my 6h

6k-6300 typically. But that’s from me taking a step back to where my game was a few years ago. I also play a straight to slight fade. Was in the 4800-5k range up until I embraced the fade and switched to my pxg. My carry has been a lot more consistent since. No more surprises if a few blades of grass get between the ball and club face. Still getting plenty of carry.

3800-4200. 😱. With a ProV1x.

And does it work for you how you want? Would you change it?
I would Love to change it. But that requires a major swing overhaul.
Clubs / ball can help, but not in forgiving clubs I need.

Unfortunately there is no magic elixir for me

I want them just below 6000. I am ok with it up to 6200. But I would love for it to be around 5800..

I only picked the Packers suck option because I have absolutely no idea what my 6i spin rate is. I just hope I didn’t upset @PackersGirl with my choice 😁

For those of you saying you have no idea do you want to find out? Do you think having that data would help your game in some way or is it something that just doesn’t matter to you and your game?

Back