What are your favorite reality shows?

Scott F

I Putter Around
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I’ve been reading the worst reality show thread which made me think of my two favorite reality shows, Jay Leno’s Garage, and The Dog Whisperer. I know many of you don’t ever turn your tv on, or even own one, but this thread is for people who like to watch reality shows.

I like a lot of the skilled competition reality shows. Shows like Ink Master, Chopped, Blown Away, Project Runway (my fashion designer wife got me into that one), etc.

I like a lot of the skilled competition reality shows. Shows like Ink Master, Chopped, Blown Away, Project Runway (my fashion designer wife got me into that one), etc.
These are my favourite too. I like Forged in Fire, American BBQ Showdown & Blown Away too. I also like the British & Candian Bake Off shows.
I don't follow any of these religiously but I won't turn them over if they are on the TV, as well as they are sometimes a "go to" if I want half an hour or so of no thinking TV!

Any of the "normal" reality shows I detest because they are all staged anyway. But I will never hate on people enjoying them, they are just not for me.

These are my favourite too. I like Forged in Fire, American BBQ Showdown & Blown Away too. I also like the British & Candian Bake Off shows.
I don't follow any of these religiously but I won't turn them over if they are on the TV, as well as they are sometimes a "go to" if I want half an hour or so of no thinking TV!

Any of the "normal" reality shows I detest because they are all staged anyway. But I will never hate on people enjoying them, they are just not for me.

Forged In Fire is one of the best of those types of shows. There’s not much room for them to script stuff. The blades survive the brutal testing, or they don’t. There’s almost always a clear winner. Wil Willis is a good host too.

I spent many years hanging out in my buddy’s tattoo shop, so I did follow Ink Master religiously, but it’s been cancelled now. I’m still hoping someone like Netflix or Amazon picks it up. My wife follows Project Runway religiously, so that means I do too.

Mostly, we put those shows on to have something “family safe” to watch before our daughter’s bedtime.

Back