What are your golf plans this winter?

Trout Bum

Regional Rival
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The fall season is upon us and it's been a season filled with ups and downs for many of us. Winter is a time to re-evaluate our games and equipment and get a game plan for the upcoming season, Do you have a plan to improve or get your equipment fit?

This year for me was by far the most difficult golf wise I've had, work occupied most of my time and what little time I found on weekends I either wanted to spend with my wife or get to the mountains. 2016 will be different for me, I am focusing on the game again and am getting back to fundamentals, grip and stance and I'm going back to playing the course rather than trying to beat my opponent.

How about you?

Last winter I often played in weather that was too cold. This year I'm going to try to only go out when its high 30's or above, and no wind. But "cabin fever" may prevail and force me out to the course in colder weather.

I upgraded all of my equipment last winter so this winter will just be spent playing and working on my game. I am fortunate to be able to play year round where I live.

I live in the Myrtle Beach area so i'll be golfing all winter. Well once the rain stops!!

I'm taking this winter off. This stupid elbow tendinitis I've been dealing with for a freaking year just simply won't go away. If three months of not swinging a club through winter means a pain free 2016 golf season it'll be more than worth it to me.

I'm taking this winter off. This stupid elbow tendinitis I've been dealing with for a freaking year just simply won't go away. If three months of not swinging a club through winter means a pain free 2016 golf season it'll be more than worth it to me.
I call BS

Lessons in late winter.
Maybe upgrading from single cog.
Maybe a trip or 2 to warmer climates

Lessons in late winter.
Maybe upgrading from single cog.
Maybe a trip or 2 to warmer climates

I was just telling my wife that I see a couple trips to the country of Florida this winter for extended stays, Orlando and Sarasota are definitely in my future this winter.

Since my daughter is playing now I'm planning on playing at least once a week through the winter for the first time ever. Normally I hang up the sticks in October and don't play until March but the weather here allows year round play with average highs below 60 only in December and January. I'll be in Florida for Christmas and New Years and will play at least 5 times over those holidays. How much I play at home will totally depend on how much snow we get in the nearby mountains. I'm hoping for a big ski year but will substitute more golf if the snow is lousy.

I'll continue to play. Weather in NW Florida is mild enough in winter. But, maybe not as much as prior years. (I think I'll even call BS on myself.) I do need to get some physical problems behind me, and then I'd like to get my game back to where it was pre-injury. I've gone up 4 or 5 strokes in the past 6 months.

Well with the granddaddy I have to continue to grind. I will be in the gym 6 times a week and will be utilizing either indoor facility which is just nets or there is a place about 20 minutes from me that has heated bays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dress warmer and get lots of rounds in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dome and sim time for practice. Hopefully get into a monthly routine with six4three5 and Maddig701 between the two.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Already have my lesson package planned with a Foresight GC2 and HMT Module.

I've got my practice facility in the garage (that is kind of mediocre but I'll work with it). For me this winter, it's about getting into better shape both mentally and physically for next season, to make my transition stronger and my body more resilient to play. That's going to include a lot of condition, stretching, and maybe a touch of weight training but nothing serious. Plus a LOT of swings in the garage.

I don't intend to be done golfing for some time though. I'll be grinding out the colder weather months when they come.

for me my busy season is in the winter so I will be hopefully getting out a couple more times in the next few weeks, but then I am going to take a couple weeks to get away and refresh. After my little break I am going to splurge for some lessons and spend time working on getting my swing better as much as I can until March.

What are your golf plans this winter?

Indoor lessons and orange whip. Stare at my beautiful new irons from #staffproto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I plan on playing as much as I can find the time to do so. I have to pay a lot to live in San Diego so I may as well take advantage of the year round golf weather. I may have to invest in some rain gear though. Supposed to be a big El Nino this year and that brings the rain to California.

putt and chip a lot indoors over the winter. it's actually helped me a lot during this season, and that's the biggest thing that was killing me at the start of this season. So easy to lose the touch needed to have a solid short game.

I'll be playing through the winter here, but since handicap season will end in November, at that point I'll start taking a few lessons and possibly try to pick up a few yards and hit it a little straighter. And I'll be working hard on my inconsistent bunker play.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I had a horrible golf season. This winter I plan on having my clubs checked for length and lie and hopefully change out my shafts. Then it's range time at the heated bays and hit the gym a lot.

I had a horrible golf season. This winter I plan on having my clubs checked for length and lie and hopefully change out my shafts. Then it's range time at the heated bays and hit the gym a lot.
Good call on the lie check, I need to do the same.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This winter I am going to:
1) play as much golf as I can
2) play sim golf tournaments
3) have a big driver shootout/fitting and get something shiny.

Same as my summer plans, just more reasonable temperatures and higher prices.

I really only have one month I can't golf, so I'll continue with my Grandaddy schedule, fri afternoon practice, & sun play or practice. Putting indoors each day

Back