What area of the US is the holy land for Golf?

Philadelphia area is great, Merion, Aronimink, Cricket Club, Philadelphia Country Club, the. Right over the bridge in NJ, Pine Valley.

When I'm asked why I have made 27 trips to GB&I to play golf.....Because they let you play their very best courses without knowing a member. The question was where is the Holy Land...Not where is the Holy Land of public golf. Playing Maidstone on Wednesday. But gotta be first off at 7:30 and it's a 4 hour drive. Be a long day.

Well, as an atheist, that ain't holy to me. Sounds like there won't be any pilgrimages there from anyone I know.

I took it as "your holy land" a bit more than "the" holy land (which I thought was the UK haha)

the different takes on this thread have been fun to watch and not as I thought. I'd agree that the UK I consider the home of golf so that must be the real answer but not the way I originally interpeted the question

Accessibility, affordability, and year round play make a strong case if one talks about his/her holy land. I will also put my view out that rankings of anything don't in my book equate to my most fun. I tend to like low key, casual, underrated, hidden gems. These are pretty different then getting onto the most prestigious courses.

Last edited:
Back