What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Just like the title says, what golf ball were you using last round and what are your thoughts on it.

I played the Bridgestone B330 today. Love that ball. It's got plenty of action around the green and holds true in flight. It's also got a cover that I struggle to ruin over the course of a round which is big.

Bridgestone e6
Even with my bad swings this ball remains straight off of the tee. Hate to judge distance thid time of year so I won't, definitely a great ball for me off the tee and with irons, just a little too much roll on short chip shots than I experienced with other balls I've played

Didn't we already have a fairly substantial thread on this same topic?

Last round I played a ProV1-392 which is my ball. I like it better than the newer ProV1s. It just feels better to me and seems to go a little farther.

Last round I played a ProV1-392 which is my ball. I like it better than the newer ProV1s. It just feels better to me and seems to go a little farther.

Yep, and it got to 4k posts and was too big so it was closed and a new one was started.

I think they closed it because it got too big. I played the B330-S today. Still love that golf ball. I need to find a winter ball though because I don't compress "tour" balls well in colder weather.

last round I played a Callaway tour ix and it's probably got to be my most favorite ball.:good::act-up:

bridgestone e6
lost a few of them in the leaves

I played the slazenger straight distance. Lost 2 in the fairway in the leaves. Thus the $10 for 16 winter balls. Once the leaves are all picked up, back to the e6 or Duo when it is really cold.

I played the Nike 20xi-s last and I loved it. I'm a tinkerer with ball flight and direction when I play and it really fits my playing well, there are no extremes to it. It's soft around the greens, it's long off the driver and 3 wood, and it's easy to control the flight. There are so many other great balls out there, this just happens to be the ball I played last.

Yellow Srixon Q-stars. I've played E6's and B330-RX's this as well at various times this year and have found that the Q-star works best for me. It's very consistent with my game.

It's also surprisingly durable and the color really stands out.

Ken

The B330s was in play on Saturday and has been for a few months. I know my distances with it, I know what to expect from type of shot. It feels great off the putter and spins great around the greens. It's as much as a part of game as everything else in my bag.

I couldn't agree more, played one today, way better then ProV1 and ProV1x, why can i not find these at golf stores? do they not make them anymore?

I played the E5 Bridgestone dual dimple and the ProV1x. There are a lot of good balls but lets face be honest. Nothing is like a Titleist ProV.

I played the E5 Bridgestone dual dimple and the ProV1x. There are a lot of good balls but lets face be honest. Nothing is like a Titleist ProV.

Ya think so? its a great ball, no doubt, but there are so many great ones.

Still palying pro v1x (2011) but i'm loving the 2013 pro v1x prototype ball that was my last round ball it's simlar just with a lower flight and more greenside spin with a firmer feel, my favorite ball so far looking forward to getting my first dozen next year

Last edited:
I still prefer the b330RX to the Pro V1 or 1X. A personal preference of course, just found better success with them.

I tried out the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite yellow golf ball on Wednesday to see if it might be a good ball to use during the winter months. I must say I was pretty impressed, it had good distance and feel. I had a 75 yard SW that landed and hopped about 1 foot from its pitch mark so that was good. It was pretty predictible on chips and putts. I did not like it as well as my current ball but at the low price point, I do believe that I will use it for the really cold months coming up.

Last edited:
Hex Black and the Orlimar secret ball. The former was money, as usual. The latter was solid, although nothing super special stood out about it for me (although to be fair, I was comparing it to the Hex Black).

Last 2 rounds were with e6. I am really liking this ball off the tee and fairways, just wish I could get it to bite just a tad better.

I tried out the Wilson Staff Fifty Elite yellow golf ball on Wednesday to see if it might be a good ball to use during the winter months. I must say I was pretty impressed, it had good distance and feel. I had a 75 yard SW that landed and hopped about 1 foot from its pitch mark so that was good. It was pretty predictible on chips and putts. I did not like it as well as my current ball but at the low price point, I do believe that I will use it for the really cold months coming up.

Have to agree with you on this ball, been using the orange and that color just pops out just about anywhere (even in the water!). All the tools like it and not too bad around the green for what you pay.

I found a great deal on the top flite gamer v2 and have been playing that for a few rounds.

I like the control off the tee, but around the greens it really lacks the stopping power I would like. Most of my shots release too much. Given, I can play the release but I would rather not.

I think the ball is great, but I don't feel like its gonna suit me the best. I'm gonna be trying out the e5 for a few rounds to see how that suits me.

Pros of the v2: soft feel putting, straight off the tee, easy to keep in the fairway, predictable flight.

Cons of the v2: too soft for me on the greens, not enough stopping spin.

Hope that helps someone.

I shoot mid eighties.

I played a couple of rounds last week. First round, I decided to try a new ball (as if I don't have enough already). Titleist NXT Tour S. I was very surprised with how much I liked it. Plenty of spin on approach shots. Less spin around the green, but I think that better fits my short game tendencies anyway. 2nd round was with a TM TP5. "Felt" better than the Titleist, and had more green-side spin.

Still prefer the Z Star, and the B330/B330s.

I used a Bstone Tour B330RX yesterday because of the cold weather and wind with me being bundled in four layers. Translation-slower swing speed.

The B330RX performed pretty well, good length, spun and stuck well on the greens, and felt good off the putter. It seemed to be low in side spin, as it held the line in the wind fairly well.

I probably will go back to the Pro V1x today for distance. It is warmer, less wind and I'll be dressed lighter.

I played the Bridgestone B330 on the front 9 and B330s on the back. Both played great but I believe the B330s was slightly longer off the woods than the B330. Spin was about the same as was the playability.

Played the 2011 B330-S on Tuesday. Was solid as ever, even with the temps in the high 50's. My only complaint is that I just kill this ball with my iron and wedge play. Basicly ruined the ball over the course of 18 holes. If I'm playing in a match, after nine holes its in the bag and something different is coming out. I'll try to get the pic of it uploaded and post it.

Back