What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

OnCore Elixr. Really good ball - long and straight off the tee with lots of greenside spin. Feels really soft off the putter also - I'm going to use them for a few more weeks to see if they'll take the place of my Bridgestones.

Played my last half dozed rounds with the 2019 ProV1x and its been great. The ball gives me the spin where I need it and feels solid at any level of contact.

I recently played 27 holes without losing a ball and it held up great.

Last edited:
Srixon Z-Star...........played a full 18 with the same ball without it being ate up too much.

Cut Blue, same ball, 54 holes

Played my last half dozed rounds with the 2019 ProV1x and its been great. The ball gives me the spin where I need it and feels solid at any level of contact.

I recently played 27 holes without losing a ball and it held up great.

I have a lot of love for AVX and I played a couple of my very best rounds ever with the old B330.

But I always say you can't buy a ball that's better than Pro V1x. What I mean by that is, it does everything well. It's got low driver spin, plenty of stopping power with iron and tons of short-game spin. It's as long as anything out there and very consistent ball to ball and also they don't make major changes year to year. So it's a very, very safe choice for any golfer willing to pay the (steep) price.

Which isn't to say someone might not find another ball that works a little better for them. There are other good balls and if one of them suits you (I still like AVX a lot) that's great. But they aren't so much "better" as different than Pro V1x.

Ordered a sample dozen of Snell MTB x and black, 6 of each ball, to see if they live upto the hype. Should be able to give them a run this weekend if they get here in time.

Been playing the Q star for a while, I really like the ball but it seems to not hold up very long. I bought 2 dozen of the Qstar tour's and will be trying those out next round.

I used Callaway Warbirds tonight that I had gotten from my friend at our golf outing last week. Great distance off the tee and with my irons, but I didn't feel like I got the spin around the green that I'm used to.

Bridgestone Tour B RX. I need to get through this dozen, and then I am going to run through a dozen of the Tour B X.

The winner might be 'the' ball. Durability is outstanding.

W/S Duo-Professional.

Incredibly straight off the tee with driver. Long enough, spins enough. Great feel off chips and putter.

Intriguing.

Bridgestone Tour B RX. I need to get through this dozen, and then I am going to run through a dozen of the Tour B X.

The winner might be 'the' ball. Durability is outstanding.

Bridgestone imo seems to have the best, most durable cover. So far for the 2019 models I've played b x, b xs, tp5, tp5x, z star, z star xv, and both mizuno balls. Its too bad b/c the mizuno's are great balls but that cover doesn't last more than 4 holes.

The bridgestones however ive used 1 ball for 2 rounds and still has no scuffs. I thought the B X would be my go to ball but a fitter 2 days ago fit me to the b rx. to be fair we didnt hit the 2 head to head so it wasn't too accurate.... but to your point, I think Bridgestone has the best ball out right now!

Wilson Duo Soft red.

Straight. Feels good to me in the short game. I like the color.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Also agree that the Bridgestone Tour B RX urethane cover is durable. Played one for 20 holes this weekend before dunking it and it was like new. Ball goes far and straight. Great ball.

Q Star Tour.
It was very windy and it performed great.
Durable. 18 holes with a single ball and looked virtually out of the box.

Pro V1 Yellow. It just works!

Callaway superhot 70.

Was a nice ball I thought, played well for me.

Callaway ChromeSoft. The ball performs and has performed well. It's good around the greens and holds greens on approach shots. I don't see what much else you need in a golf ball.

Here's the funny thing. In my bag I have about 6 golf balls that I'm trying to get rid of. 4 ChromeSofts and 2 Snells. Over the summer I played enough golf balls and set myself to the Z-Star and ProV1. I did not test any Bridgestone golf balls during this process.

I have 5 fresh dozen Z-Stars/ProV1 mix ready to be used but I can't seem to get rid of these ChromeSofts.

I've played 3 straight rounds with this golf ball and it won't disappear. I've hit trees, cart paths, hosels, streets(Able to retrieve ball), and this ball is beat up to a pulp.

The other 3 ChromeSofts are brand new in a sleeve. I never want to giveaway or lose golf balls so I will continue hitting them until I lose them. Maybe I need to play courses I struggle at to finally lose them haha.

Titleist ProV1x

Last edited:
Bridgestone TourB XS

It doesn’t suck and am still loving its performance on iron shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgestone TourB XS

It doesn’t suck and am still loving its performance on iron shots

I played the Tour B X my last round, although it was only 3 holes before I had to stop.

I played the Tour B X my last round, although it was only 3 holes before I had to stop.

“Had to stop?”

“Had to stop?”

I slightly caught the edge of a tree root, so just rode around with the guys for the remainder of the round.
My body didn't want to cooperate with me after the wreck.

Played " @Snickerdog " Yellow ProV1X last night

Really like it - Great Short Game Spin!

I slightly caught the edge of a tree root, so just rode around with the guys for the remainder of the round.
My body didn't want to cooperate with me after the wreck.

Woof. That’s the worst and yea, after that wreck I’d be pretty shook for a couple days I think. That really could e been way way way worse. So grateful it wasnt

Woof. That’s the worst and yea, after that wreck I’d be pretty shook for a couple days I think. That really could e been way way way worse. So grateful it wasnt

I think we are all still replaying it in our heads over and over and thinking "what could have been" and thankfully wasn't. Pretty nuts, but yeah better safe than sorry, and the guys had a good time.

Back