What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Been playing Chrome Soft and TP5. I like em both but on the green I prefer the Chrome Soft.

With snow on the course I grabbed some yellow balls today. I ended up in the snow twice, so good call. Only option was Titleist AVX. I like. Took some shots to get used to the ball flight for tracking. They launch high fast and then hold the height. Greens were soft so plenty of spin. I recall liking these previously.

I bought some of the Q Star Tours on that crazy sale. I have been very pleasantly surprised by them. Dispersion with my wonky iron swing has been better than usual. I’m reaching summer locations in 50s temperatures off the tees. Durability has been very good. This is a very good ball.

Chrome Soft X TT today. Sooo good off the driver and irons were backing up when I did manage to hit greens.

I find the feel at impact on iron shots to be right on point

I tried the ERC again thinking the lower compression may help in the cold. It was more of the same unfortunately, shorter off the driver but pretty consistent on irons. The performance I see with driver is a no go for me.

Chrome Soft X TT today. Sooo good off the driver and irons were backing up when I did manage to hit greens.

I find the feel at impact on iron shots to be right on point
I know you have a couple other balls that you enjoy also but how would you compare this one to those others?

I know you have a couple other balls that you enjoy also but how would you compare this one to those others?
I have no current data to back this up but just judging by what I've seen during rounds:
CSx TT seems lower spin off driver than XS, and MTBx. Probably the longest with it's good launch and flatter flight.
CSx TT seems a little softer and lower spin on approach shots.
Around the green they all perform similar for me, but CSx TT has a slightly softer feel.

Reactions: KEV
I have been playing the older OnCore Avant and Caliber lately. Trying to use up my inventory of those before I start using the new Avant55 stash that I just ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the Srixon q star tour today. The ball worked well off the tee and irons for me. Overall I thought it was a great ball and the price is really hard to beat. Playing again tomorrow and plan to try it out again.

TM TP5X... probably the best ball I’ve tried. I gained about 1/2 a club and even backed up a couple shots. Coming off of ERCs... which I still like a lot!

Looking forward to trying the Q-Star Tours I bought. I really like the Z-Star.

I’ve been using vice pro and pro softs recently. No complaints yet but I only have played 2 rounds with them. We will see when I can play more since old man winter is hitting the northeast...

Looking forward to trying the Q-Star Tours I bought. I really like the Z-Star.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts. I’ve been playing the CS and a TP5

Played the Callaway Super Soft. For slow swingers and those who like the feel of a sorter ball this fits the bill. It does not check up like a urethane covered ball, but for me it does not run out all that much on a well struck shot.

Callaway Hex Tour from Costco. Skeptical, but a really good ball. Might be my gamer for the distance, price and quality. I play Vice, TM TP5X, OnCore, Titleist Pro V1’s, etc. great distance, durability and spin.

Callaway Hex Tour from Costco. Skeptical, but a really good ball. Might be my gamer for the distance, price and quality. I play Vice, TM TP5X, OnCore, Titleist Pro V1’s, etc. great distance, durability and spin.
Think I have three or four boxes of them. They seem fine to me and at $1 each. I gotta do some more comparison with em to be sure.

Q star tour today. Didn’t want to lose my ChromeSofts in the leaves. Just a solid ball for me. Long of the tee and it stops just about as well as the ChromeSofts. I had a low flighted 80 yard AW (set AW) that just stuck 2 inches from its mark.

Played yellow CSX today, love the way it performs in the wind. Ball really spins on chips and checks up quick

CSX TT on some
Frozen greens.

Felt great off the Betti, had some good action not rolling out too much.

I cannot go wrong with this ball and my Cobra F9 withh LA Golf Shaft OLY SS Proto D4 SW

Even in the 40° temps was seeing some really solid distance.

I did the VFit with Bridgestone, I really like their balls and company and would love to game them again but Nothing else has been close consistently like this one

Z-Star.

Just a solid ball overall. Good distance, feel, spin.

The Mizuno RB Tour is probably still my favorite as to its performance but the durability is flat-out abysmal.

still in the "cheap ball" phase...maxfli softfli matte ball...doesn't feel as good as the cheaper TF Distance XL's to me...definitely doesn't fly straighter ;)

We were at Costco over the weekend so I picked up a 2-dozen pack of the Callaway Hex Tour Soft which I played today. I was impressed for a ball that is $15.00/dz. It is not as soft as the ERC which has been my everyday ball, but not "clicky" nor as firm as say the CS-X. It flies very straight and is a lower launch than the ERC. I was impressed with the distance off the tee, not so much with the irons but I struggled a bit with my iron swing today. It might not stop as quick on full iron shots as the ERC as the ERC has a much steeper descent angle. It was very controllable on chips and pitches around the green for me and felt great off the putter (Stroke Lab Double-Wide).

I shot -1 with it, with it being over a month since I've scored that well so I haven't given anything up in that regard. Not a ball for you if you like a lot of spin on irons shots or like to "work" the ball. Otherwise. for an inexpensive winter ball it is really a good deal.

The more I'm playing it, the more I'm loving the TP5. That and the Bridgestone BXS will be my two balls next season, for sure. I've not been able to determine one being better than another in any specific area. They both are long off the big stick, accurate distances with my mid and long irons, dependable spin off the wedges, and excellent feel from the putter.

-Bishop

Just finished a round with the TP5, and the greenside spin is insane. The ball is long off the tee as well. I can see why so many people are switching to it.

Played 9 with the Q-Star...so far, my favorite with regard to feel + performance.

Back