What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Been playing the Vice pro plus recently, played it a few years ago, but the newer version is much more durable. Once this lockdown is over I can get more course time with it. Oh and its Neon yellow...

most recent round was played with a BX that I hit OB on the 6th hole of my last round and finished off with the Soft Feel...love the BX...HATE losing one...I thought I was leaning toward the e6 soft vs the soft feel but been hitting the Soft Feels a bunch and those are my favorite cheap ball.

+1 on the Soft Feel. Use your DSG 10 off coupon during the holidays and it is the best 10 a dz ball.

Man, its getting hard to rememeber. I think a Q-Star. If not I have a bunch of Duo's in my bag.

Last round I played mostly with a Z Star. It’s by far my favorite ball. I also played a few holes with a ProV1X. I use a yellow ball at times for better visibility and ProV1X is what i have in yellow. I prefer the Z Star from green to tee but the Titliest is a good option, just a little firmer around the green.

I went through two boxes of Callaway hex tour soft over the winter, these are Costco balls my brother donated. Excellent ball, I played some best rounds ever but they were a little clicky off the putter.
Two weeks ago I switched to Duo Soft, Shazam, just like that my putting game came back, coincidence?

The last ball I played just before the close all the courses in the area early this week. Was the Taylormade Tour Response. I had a few sample packs and I was reasonably impressed. I feel it is a slight improvement over the project (a) that it is replacing. I played great around the greens. It is way too low compression for me. But I think if you are in the market for this type of ball. You will like it.

ProV1

Still the best ball on the planet IMO.

Tried the -pro V1x today. Great ball for my game. Launches higher with a touch more spin then the AVX. Just have to get used to the firmness of the ball.

Tour BXS spins a lot. Added over 1000 rpm to my irons on stock shots over the Z Star I was using the day before.

Played a round with the TPX5 and really like it. Spins A LOT more than my normal AVX. Which was fine since there was no wind. But that ball would be a train wreck for me in the wind. Overall liked it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last ball I played was an e7 Bridgestone. That's the only ball I play. Been playing it for a number of years.

The ball flies well off the tee for me. Same from all my long swing shots.

I have reasonable, consistent distance with it, with all my clubs.

Around, and on the green it plays consistent for me. I get enough spin with it to serve my purpose.

The bottom line it's just a great, over all performing ball for my game.

It's also readily available at most stores that sell golf balls. That, and it's price per dozen is easy on the pocket book. Usually in the $20-$25 per dozen dollar range..

I have tried more expensive balls, and less expensive balls. None of them gave me reason to change from the e7

My only (future) complaint will be if, and when Bridgestone stops making them for something new, and improved. .

My only (future) complaint will be if, and when Bridgestone stops making them for something new, and improved. .
Uhhh, about that...I thought Bridgestone quit making the e7 a year or two ago. Just looked and it's not on their website in their current ball lineup. Better stock up while you can!

2020 Chrome Soft Truvis Black/Yellow. Gives me good distance off the tee, and plenty of spin on iron shots and chips around the green. Really like the feel off the putter.

I've been playing the 2020 Chrome Soft with Triple Track. I like everything about it, especially the additional distance I get with compared to the 2nd gen CS and even the ERC Soft. Add to that the additional spin on full irons hots and around the green as well as its durability and this is my ball for the foreseeable future!

Uhhh, about that...I thought Bridgestone quit making the e7 a year or two ago. Just looked and it's not on their website in their current ball lineup. Better stock up while you can!
I have 9 dozen I bought on clearance from Target last winter. After those are gone I have 3 dozen e12s, which play about the same as the e7s. Sorry to hear they quit making e7s. I doubt the repacement will be any better, and probably cost more...lol

played the soft feel again today...not sure why I don't just settle on this.

played the soft feel again today...not sure why I don't just settle on this.
Same reason we don't settle on drivers, irons, putters, wedges, etc. It's an illness. :LOL:

I've been having fun lately reading a lot of the review threads where people say 'x new club' is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will be in their bag forever - then looking at the WITBs in sigs to see if it's still there two months later.

Played combo rxs and RX today! They are winners in my book... Flight and distance were awesome and the check on the greens were awesome. Still a debate which is better as distance beats spin but spinnbailed me out a few times today.

Same reason we don't settle on drivers, irons, putters, wedges, etc. It's an illness. :LOL:

I've been having fun lately reading a lot of the review threads where people say 'x new club' is the greatest thing since sliced bread and will be in their bag forever - then looking at the WITBs in sigs to see if it's still there two months later.

true...I talked up the tour b's to my bro in-law when he bought some sleeves before our round this morning...only to leave mine in the box and hit the soft feels :LOL::rolleyes:

Back