What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

So I know that maxfli used to have your soft, tour x and tour (plain). Does cut blue 4 piece ball feel similar to the maxfli tour? Do you get a good distance off driver and big soon on greens?
Maxfli Tour is 3 piece and Tour X is a firmer 4 piece. There really isn't a big difference in feel besides the X being slightly firmer off the putter, but not much. Cut Blue is similar feeling to those but I think on the firmer side. I don't notice any difference off the tee between any of them.

I found a Taylor Made Distance + near the edge of a pond (don't ask why I was there) Sooo I finished the hole and the rest of the round with it. (now you know why I was there)
The fact that I finished the round with it says a lot about the ball. First I was able to keep it due to straighter drives and I got about 10 more yards off the tee and at least 3-5 with my irons. I think I may have found a keeper.

Taylor Made Project A - been trying various urethane covered balls all Spring and this is the latest trial.
(I really like the new tour response from TM and this one seems similar but cheaper, so... giving it a go)

I like this one quite a bit, but it just has a little too much spin off the tee compared to a couple of other urethane balls I've played over the past two months. Gonna play it again today and see if that analysis holds up.

Titleist Pro V1, its a Pro V1, not much else to say really

Gamed the 2020 Bridgestone B-RX ball today. Very nice, I prefer it rather than the B-RXS. Soft impact feel, my normal distance and very good action on the greens.

played the Cut DC till I chunked it into the water 5-10 yards from where it needed to land :facepalm:...finished the last 3 holes with the trusty Srixon soft feel.

played with Callaway chrome soft x triple track today. might be an unpopular opinion but i didnt really like them. felt weirdly clicky and cheap. normally play either prov1 or tpx5.

Been trying the Inesis tour 900 - v impressed so far (usually z star and really not much in it - apart from the price!)

played with Callaway chrome soft x triple track today. might be an unpopular opinion but i didnt really like them. felt weirdly clicky and cheap. normally play either prov1 or tpx5.

yeah, I really liked the chrome soft tt but it didn't win me over...good ball but i'll take the QST at it's price over the CS...that being said, i'm really liking the Cut DC and Blue...

Anyone play the Callaway Hex from Costco?
I have some and play them from time to time. Bought two boxes yesterday as they were on sale for $20 a box. I like them but don’t see the spin of my preferred Z Star. That said they are half the price.408F987E-054C-4DBC-B094-7E76BE7D65AE.jpeg

Been playing the Oncore Elixr ball for most of the year so far. Big fan of it, love it around the greens.

Last two rounds I stuck with my Z Star and had 2 of my better scores. I really like everything about this ball. Best I can compare is it feels like a slightly firmer ProV1. Where it has really shined the past couple rounds is in the short chipping shots. This is where I think it’s important to pick a ball and stay with it. Different balls really play differently inside of 40 yards to me.

I'm a cheap date at the moment. I'm hitting Top Flite XL's. ;)

Things are finally coming together with my swing, so I'll be switching back to Pro V1's pretty soon.

Found a TP5x on the first hole thursday. Played it the rest of the round and really really liked it. Still not going to pay $60 for a dozen. Ever.

I played the same Tour B XS for 6 rounds this week. Need to snap some pictures of the old girl.

Sounds like quite the love affair.
Couldn’t lose the thing.

It’s also my gamer ball though, lots of thoughts in the Tour B thread on them too. Bridgestone is definitely back.

Gaming Bridgestone as well but I can only get a ball to stick around for a round or two.

That is some good golf if you have been able to play the same golf ball for 6 rounds.

Couldn’t lose the thing.

It’s also my gamer ball though, lots of thoughts in the Tour B thread on them too. Bridgestone is definitely back.

Gaming Bridgestone as well but I can only get a ball to stick around for a round or two.

That is some good golf if you have been able to play the same golf ball for 6 rounds.
I’ve thank goodness drug myself out of the weeds golf swing wise, but I put up a hell of a fight for a few months! Haha!

Yesterday was an absolutely dismal golf day for me, didn't have anything going on, so I played the few old Bridgestone e6s I had in the bag. They're the balls I least care about losing, and yesterday was that kind of day. No comment on the ball because it wouldn't have mattered what I was playing with that kind of garbage game. If I had any old TopFlite XLs laying around I would've broken them out!

Switched from chrome soft (2019) to tp5x this year and have several rounds in.

The bad:
- tp5x just makes this irritating clicky noise that makes you think you have a top flite.
- its hard. I have Ping irons and between the two of them, I really feel anything that isn't pure center.
- I have had several balls get badly scuffed in ways I haven't seen before
- I have trouble working the ball left and right

The good:
- The length is as good if not better than advertised. Testers had a difference of 8 yards or so on drives at my swing speed and I'm seeing all of that. At my home course, I have hit my longest drives ever on multiple holes in a relatively short period of time.
- The ball wants to go straight. This is obviously the counter to the workability. If you have trouble with slices and hooks and just want to go straight, this works for you.
- Spin into greens seems fine. Its not eye popping but it isn't a problem.

Overall, this is reducing my score but to be honest, it doesn't *feel* good. There was just something satisfying about the chromesoft that you don't get out of this. I'm sticking with it though.

Side note: I really like the pix.

Played ProV1x 2019 version in yellow. 77% FIR, played par 3’s +1 and my longest drive of the Year. I guess it was “Ok” :D

Past 2 rounds I played with the z star XV. Both rounds were in the 70s.

Plenty of green side spin. Good flighting off the tee and with irons. No issue holding greens. I really like the ball and honestly the price of them makes them more appealing than other balls.

Played the G Truvis today. Great ball tee to green and feel good off the putter.

I have been testing the Quantix F18 Tours. Very much like this ball.

I would say it feels in between a Pro V1 and Snell MTB, both my current gamers of choice. The flight is definitely controllable for me as I can knock it down or flop it high with wedges. That is something very important to me when choosing a ball to game.

Distance is not stupid long or anything, I don't have high swing speed but its as long for me as the Titleist and Snell balls I play.

Holds greens well and has good feel of putter- balanced not hard/not soft. But I would say the same thing about Snell MTB. I personally like the feel of Snell MTB the best overall but performance wise all three brands do the job provided I put the right swing on the shot.

Back