What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I'm getting great results from the Srixon Z Star XV's that I bought. Driver distance is excellent. Greenside spin is exceptional. If I could hit a solid iron shot, I could report on spin on approach shots, but that'll have to wait.

ERC Soft. Really liking the ball. Almost don't feel it when the club strikes it.

Pro v1 ball lasted all round was not as pleased as other Zstar ball... It did check up and fly true. Have tons and not sure if they are worthy of notarity

Pro V1x - got a really nice high ball flight with it. Felt really nice on the putter face. I had been using a Pro V1 before

I liked the 1x much more than the 1 so I have ordered a dozen

Played the last years edition (2018 or 2019) of the Chrome Soft Truvis and could not be happier with the results. Plenty of distance, control and spin. Awesome ball that offers it all. I really don't want to pay $50+ for the newest 2020 Chrome Soft balls.

Bridgestone Tour B X. Such a great ball. Although my driver SS is 100, this ball is the best for me after trying all the new Bridgestone line. This is from 186 over water. Awesome stopping.
7ddfad7a38336cc28baf32c4529f77cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently played a Vice Pro that I found and enjoyed for a couple of holes before sending it off to the golf gods with an epic power fade.

2020 B RXS trial pack yesterday.
Performed well and did my usual pull or draw into a tree a couple of times and they scuffed each time. I also slightly pealed the cover on a typically played short sand shot. I did not see that with the prior version and I went through a 2 doz last year. Disappointing.

RX trial pack tomorrow but probably back to the TP5.

Nother fantastic day with z stars this is a great ball to use and the BOGO is great deal to stock pile.

2019 Chromesoft Truvis. The green Truvis is very hard to find if you miss the fairway. But, I hit some bombs off with the driver today.

Played Bridgestone Tour B RX today in yellow. My TP5 shipping got delay so I pick of a box today.
I can only compare to CS prior 2020 version.
They feel very similar. Maybe tad harder feel on putter.
Driver distance is better in CS. Only little. Ball flight is much lower in driver. I wasn’t hitting driver so well today. Straight but low on grooves all day.
Mid irons and short iron feels much better with better spins. Distance is same. Ball flight is same. Same club same distance.
Hit a few fairway wood from turf and tee. It’s does fly tad lower than CS but it comes off like a rocket.
Chipping and pitching is where it shows vast difference. RX spins and checked much quicker. I had to adjust my landing spot much closer cause I came so much short on many chips and pitches. It was tough at beginning but I got use to it after several holes. I used one ball all day and saw small scratch. Hardly noticeable.
It checked 90% of my needs. Just need to confirm my driver distance.
Need to compare to TP5 when it comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great round with 2020 TourB RX in yellow. Just performs. Love how to just hops and stops on full wedge shots.

Played again with the new B stone X ball. I am really a fan. I just wish it came in yellow.

Played a Bridgestone e6 soft today and loved it; one ball the entire 18, don't do that often. Ball feels great off driver and full fairway shots, flies really straight. Found it easy to chip close and it has a good amount of stopping control, putts like butter. It checks all the boxes for me, very good ball.

Played the Z Star XV’s and ball performed better than I anticipated. Was able to generate more spin around the green all the while having a pretty stellar day driving the ball. Sound seems a bit clicky at times but could certainly get used to it if they keep performing this way...

Last edited:
ProV1x. Typically I play Chromesofts. Amazing how much more check I was getting with my wedges around the green.

OnCore Avant55 green. Lost 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The new tour b xs, man this is a dang good ball. Might be staying around a while

2020 Chrome Soft. Good off the driver and iron approach shots. Great chipping around the green and really a good feel with the putter.
Durability is amazing.

Played 2020 Chrome Soft today. Really liked it and saw a lot of great performance. My favorite shot was a 56* wedge from 99 yards. Fired it in there nice and low, one hop 4 ft shy of the pin and dropped an anchor 6" past. All this in soaking wet conditions. Love having the Triple Track on there for putting inside 10 ft as well.

I've played through several sleeves of TP5x and two sleeves of TP5... both the new Pix 2.0 model. In general I like the TP5x pretty well, it games OK with nice feel and flight. I did notice perhaps a bit less stopping power at times, I never really drew it back hard. I like the Pix 2.0 pattern, the size and color of the triangle pattern suits my eye. Paint and finish might be a bit prone to wear. The TP5 for whatever reason... my swing, mental game, these things have a built in tracking device for the bushes. I need more time with the TP5 model as I reckon I've lost more off the tee than hit approaches into green .

I have experienced a strange coincidence on three different occasions. I find a "lost ball" of a brand or model I have never played before in the least likely places. Yesterday I was walking from #1 green to the next tee box and about a foot off the cart path was a brand new TP5. What the heck, I'll play it. Played all remaining holes with that same ball and it might be my imagination but I played better than usual. One thing I did notice is it seemed to launch higher and stop better on the green using a mid iron.

I play the Snell MTB-X - I've been playing Snell for quite a few seasons now. Love them. The feel and spin I get off them is great.

Played Pro V1 - just not impressed with spin on these... thought I hit some great shots, but no zip. shot pretty good at 85... feels good but nothing to write about. Enjoy RXS and Z Star & XV much better.

Played Pro V1 - just not impressed with spin on these... thought I hit some great shots, but no zip. shot pretty good at 85... feels good but nothing to write about. Enjoy RXS and Z Star & XV much better.
I never cared for the lower ball flight of the ProV1, liked the ProV1X better.

Back