What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I never cared for the lower ball flight of the ProV1, liked the ProV1X better.

never really knew the ProV1x was higher... always thought it was just for bigger swingers. what are the other profiles?

never really knew the ProV1x was higher... always thought it was just for bigger swingers. what are the other profiles?
The 1X has a bit lower spin off the driver for longer ball flight, goes a bit higher. Still have plenty of spin on short irons and chips and just a bit softer feel than the ProV1.
I played them for the last 2 years and like the X much better.
Get a sleeve and try them, you would probably like them I think.

Playing the Snell MTB now, I'm very happy!

The 1X has a bit lower spin off the driver for longer ball flight, goes a bit higher. Still have plenty of spin on short irons and chips and just a bit softer feel than the ProV1.
I played them for the last 2 years and like the X much better.
Get a sleeve and try them, you would probably like them I think.

Pro V1X has a firmer feel than the Pro V1.

Played Pro V1 and not impressed at all for the money. I played Top Flight D2 (cheaper balls) the next day and they are every bit as good for me as the Pro V1. Felt good on distances and softer on the greens.

I will give the Pro V1s some more time on the course and see if my view changes, but so far not seeing anything that would make me run out and stock up on them.

Based on reccomendation from forum member, played Pro V1x played same ball for 9 holes. Held great good spin and some stop and hold shots. Little clicky but I liked this ball much better than Prov1x, but not as much as Srixon offerings!

Yellow ProV1X today. I really like the ball. Plays well for me. It was over cast and I prefer a yellow ball so I can see the flight better. Great all around ball.

OnCore Caliber. I wish they still made that ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played TP5 in yellow today.
Feels slight firmer than BRX which I played Saturday. They play very similar.
I had excellent chipping and pitch day today. Not sure if because of the ball but it was fun. Ball check quickly and predictable. I like the feel of TP5 on putter. Very solid feeling. I could play either one and be happy with it. Durability is excellent but TP5 might be more durable compare to Bridgestone. RX definitely softer but very little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon Z-Star XV yellow.

Only put it in play because it's the only yellow ball I had on hand and I've recently had great difficulty in tracking white balls.

Previously, I didn't like the harder feel of the XV and off the tee with less than stellar contact, I just felt like I was punished with more sidespin relative to some other balls.

But over 1.5 rounds now with them, that hasn't been the case. I'm still trying to find a consistent driver swing so along with some very good passes, there's been an uncomfortable amount of bad. But I really haven't sensed any more punishment wrt curvature relative to other balls this time around.

And as to feel, I only really notice the harder feel on chips. To the negative, I mean. Because I do notice it off putter too but for whatever reason, I like it. And suddenly, my lag putting has improved tremendously.

Yet as to chipping and the less than preferred feel, I'm quickly adjusting and it's all but a non-issue now.

When swinging reasonably well, it's a hella-impressive ball. Very long and really good in the wind. Plenty of spin and flight off all clubs is strong and a bit lower compared to some others I've played. On well struck approaches, spin is fantastic.

Still non-committal but I know what ball I'll be giving a rigorous tryout over the next few rounds.

Played TaylorMade TP5 Pix2.0 in regular and X. Not bad balls. Think I get better results from the 2020 TourB RX. Like the pattern when putting.

I played the red Wilson Duo Optix yesterday. They performed well (until I lost them) and were pretty durable.

Same as always, Bridgestone TourB RX. As someone that hits the ball high I’ve found them the best premium ball at fighting wind out there. I have no trouble holding greens with them. Pretty much hop and stop with anything 5i or less and sit and stay with 6i up. I don’t often zip them back unless it’s a full wedge into an upslope, but having them generally within a foot of where they land is fine by me.

My prior ball, ProV1x was great, until I had a hole into the wind. They ballooned terrible on me. Didn’t matter if it was driver, long iron, or wedge. Same with the ProV1 line. Their AVX was a very close second to the RX, but Bridgestone perform at least as well for me and they’re less expensive (although I wouldn’t say cheap).

Played the 19 Callaway chrome soft X diamond triple track yesterday. Shot my best round ever. Love that ball a lot, love the distance and penetrating ball flight.

still hanging with the 2020 Bridgestone XS, does it all for me

I played the TP5 today and I think it's going to have plenty of spin for the conditions here. I switched to a prov1x my last round in Dallas, because despite the greens being slower than expected, they were firm, and the bounces (especially) and subsequent roll was a little much sometimes with the TP5. It's such a weird combination of tight and soft here in AR from what I've seen so far though. Seems to suit.

2020 Chrome Soft Truvis today. Handled the 20mph winds great today. For me I haven't found another ball with the durability and performance that can keep up with it.

2020 Chrome Soft Truvis today. Handled the 20mph winds great today. For me I haven't found another ball with the durability and performance that can keep up with it.

As soon as TP5&BRX runs out 2020 CS is my next try. They didn’t have 2020 CS in yellow. Personally didn’t like how the triple track looked.

As soon as TP5&BRX runs out 2020 CS is my next try. They didn’t have 2020 CS in yellow. Personally didn’t like how the triple track looked.

I just make sure the lines are to the side or bottom when putting. Hopefully they will have just plain yellow out soon. I believe the ball plant has opened back up so that is a good sign.

I tried playing the Mizuno RB Tour today and actually really liked the ball. Then I got to the green and my wedge shots tore the ball up. Now, I was aware of this problem prior to buying them but they were under $20 for a dozen so I figured I would give them a shot.

Again, I really liked how they played but all three were torn up after just one 3/4 or full wedge shot.

I played the Cut White matte white ball yesterday. The first time I played these I had a really bad round and thought it might be the ball. But yesterday I tried them again and had a great round, so clearly it was me the first time. :confused: It was great around the green, which I can't say about some of the other balls I frequently use.

Cut Blue vs Prov1x thanks to @Noonan...Danny ...

IMG_20200702_114039.jpgIMG_20200702_114026.jpg

Awesome ball performed great felt great off irons and driver. Wasn't as good as I have come to expect on wedge shots. Great ball but won't have a permanent spot in the bag.

Still going back and forth between the Supersoft and QST, no clear winner for me. I'll happily play either one of them and don't notice much difference between them.

Still going back and forth between the Supersoft and QST, no clear winner for me. I'll happily play either one of them and don't notice much difference between them.
Interesting always thought supersoft was a discount ball?

Back