What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I have played the same Yellow and Green Truvis for the last 49 holes.

Trying a Bridgestone Tour RX along with a few others to try and find a ball for the rest of the year. Today was the turn of the RX for most of the round. While its seems fine with the irons and around the greens, hitting it with the driver has left me a bit cold to be honest and its clearly not the ball for me from that respect.

Three times today I've hit and what the people around me thought were cracking drives (off the screws) and measured out to be less than 200 yd each time. I even changed the ball out to another after the first two drives thinking it could be a ball fault, but nope it happened again. I'm a bit of a high spinner with all the clubs so I guess this spins a bit to much for me when using the driver.

All other times, its a good enough ball, felt good around the greens, stop and check, feeling when putting was OK, not the hardest nor the softest. Overall a decent ball but like I said, its not the ball for me based on hitting it with the driver.

Others I am trying will be Vice Pro+ AVX, TP5 & 5x, Callaway Supersoft, QStar and I'm giving the Snell MTB a go too.

Continue to alternate between Titleist ProV1 and Taylormade TP5 Pix. Both perform well.

played the AVX for 18 today...i really like this ball. feels great. distance is good and the spin was really good with my wedges.

2019 (?) CSx Triple Track. Definitely more firm than I’m used to but great distance off the tee and great spin on a bunker shot.

C22910CA-5DFF-4917-B595-E87A4ADCA71E.jpeg
Wilson Staff Model - Not for me.

Good results with z star, distance was great and ball checked excellent

played the AVX for 18 today...i really like this ball. feels great. distance is good and the spin was really good with my wedges.
Did you play the original AVX at any time and did you notice a difference?

I will be gaming the "nickalus" blue golf balls next round. Actually decent golf balls and affordable. Has anyone else played these?

Did you play the original AVX at any time and did you notice a difference?

this is the first titleist ball that i've given a go.

Found a couple red Callaway Superhot during a round last week. Hit like three approach shots side by side with QST. The Superhots carried like 10 yards longer than the QST on all three shots. Was it a fluke?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I found a deal on some Mizuno RB Tour and RB TourX balls, so I decided to give them a try. I played one round with each, and I'm right back to my old ZStar. The RB Tour felt wonderful, but it lacked the length of the ZStar by a good margin. The RB X was longer that the regular, but still well short of my ZStar, and didn't feel as good. They both spun and stopped well on greens. The thing that really lost me though, was that the Mizuno balls were just soooo fragile. Any short iron or well struck wedge would peel up sizable burrs on the cover. I mean it was terrible. Nevermind hitting a rock, tree, or cart path. That would cause the ball to be removed from play immediately for damage. I was really shocked that they would field a ball that wouldn't last but a couple holes and charge a comparable price to all the other top shelf balls out there. They did feel really good though, but there is just no durability with the covers. If they fix the covers, I could maybe be happy to play the X if for some reason my stash of ZStars disappeared.

I'm not sure why I keep trying new balls......I always end up back with my ZStar.

E12 Speed - Meh. Prob don't swing fast enough for these, but nothing happening with them around the greens either.

E12 Soft - Enjoyed these with driver, irons, and putting. Good length. Okay on chips and pitches. A little check, but nothing like the $35 - $40 balls.

BRXS...great ball. i don't think it's much different than the BXS on the course for me. played the avx a few holes as well...i'm kinda torn. both play really well for me. there's no $ advantage to buying either so i guess it's whatever i run into first on the shelf if i run out and have to go to the store...otherwise, it's QST and Cut Blues if i'm penny pinching...

Found a couple red Callaway Superhot during a round last week. Hit like three approach shots side by side with QST. The Superhots carried like 10 yards longer than the QST on all three shots. Was it a fluke?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No. They're long. That's about their only good quality outside of maybe an easy to track color though. They're pretty tough around the greens.

Played the new CS and CSx balls this afternoon. Really like the way these balls perform. For my 103-105 mph driver swing speed, I could play either ball. However, from 150 yards in I feel the CS suits my better. I seem to get more out of mishits with the standard compared to the X. I still get plenty of green side check with the CS. If anything I may be losing a few yards with driver with CS compared to the CSx but I feel I get those yards back on iron/wedge shots.

Today is 2020 Chrome Soft day. Pretty excited to give these a try as I’ve heard so much good stuff about them. Look for my thoughts a little later today.

Today is 2020 Chrome Soft day. Pretty excited to give these a try as I’ve heard so much good stuff about them. Look for my thoughts a little later today.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these.

I found a Chrome Soft while walking the tree line for shade last week, so I put my ProV1 in my pocket a for a couple holes and gave it a try. It reacted similar to a ProV1 but felt a bit mushy. Didn't care for it at all off my Ping Pal 4 putter face.

I bought a dozen truvis golf balls used from the used golf ball store for $25. They used to be more of the cool thing to hit but I don't like them anymore because they're a little bit obnoxious looking to me. Chrome soft is okay and feel from the driver oh, but I sort of like the tp5 the best.

2020 Chrome Soft Triple Track. The TT works that’s for sure, my green reading is a tad off today. Ok now I’m the first to admit when I’m wrong, so here I am in the admitting mood. Wow! What an improvement Callaway made with the 2020 CS. First and second drives of the day were both over 300 yards. So much for being squish and shorter. This was a pattern throughout the bag, everything was a club longer. Ok, the driver wasn’t, but it wasn’t shorter either. Green side spin? They were great there as well, ripped a few back at times. Putting I absolutely loved the feel, not to soft and not clicky. Great job by Callaway on the new CS. I could definitely see myself playing this ball. Are they any better than my gamer Z Star? To soon to say but they are at the least, equal in my game. Only bummer I lost two balls today, both on the same damn hole. Most likely could have found them but I’m not a fan of snakes.

Last edited:
2020 Chrome Soft Triple Track. The TT works that’s for sure, my green reading is a tad off today. Ok now I’m the first to admit when I’m wrong, so here I am in the admitting mood. Wow! What an improvement Callaway made with the 2020 CS. First and second drives of the day were both over 300 yards. So much for being squish and shorter. This was a pattern throughout the bag, everything was a club longer. Ok, the driver wasn’t, but it wasn’t shorter either. Green side spin? They were great there as well, ripped a few back at times. Putting I absolutely loved the feel, not to soft and not clicky. Great job by Callaway on the new CS. I could definitely see myself playing this ball. Are they any better than my gamer Z Star? To soon to say but they are at the least, equal in my game. Only bummer I lost two balls today, both on the same damn hole. Most likely could have found them but I’m not a fan of snakes.
Sounds like a good first round with them. (y)

Sounds like a good first round with them. (y)
Yes it was. The bad had nothing to do with the ball at all. Didn’t think I’d care about the TT , but it really helped and my putts were dead online where I was aiming. It almost feels like effortless distance.

Back