What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Just played a round with the matte green Maxfli Tour balls, and really enjoyed hitting them. Definitely a new favorite for me.

Maxfli straight fli. Decent 2 piece ball
I like to play them when the swing is less than perfect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just played a round with the matte green Maxfli Tour balls, and really enjoyed hitting them. Definitely a new favorite for me.
They look interesting, I wouldn't mind trying them, which one of the two did you try out? I think they make an X and a regular so to speak. I like playing a yellow ball and these green ones aren't too far away from that it appears, or are they?

They look interesting, I wouldn't mind trying them, which one of the two did you try out? I think they make an X and a regular so to speak. I like playing a yellow ball and these green ones aren't too far away from that it appears, or are they?
I’ve played the Maxfli Tour Matte Green for a year and half. It’s a good ball and if you like yellow balls like do, you will like the Matte Green. Watch for a sale at DSG and you can pick up 2 dozen for under $30. Matte Green doesn’t come in the X model.

I played the Callaway Supersoft today. Hit a 6 iron approach shot 160 yards to an elevated green, and the ball came to a stop within 2 inches of its ball mark on the green. I reckon I don't have any complaints with that kind of greenside performance, especially from a 2-piece Surlyn ball. Still one of my favorite balls, especially for the price.

played the 2020 avx most of the round today (5 of 9 holes) and i gotta say, i think this has moved into the #1 spot for me. i am interested to see how the CSX compares next week...which makes me feel like i got too many options 😁

I usually play the AVX, but I played ProV1x today to make up spin in the extreme downpour that lasted the whole round. What a solid ball.

i am honestly surprised at how much i like the AVX...i've played random prov1x's i've found but never given them a full go.

i am honestly surprised at how much i like the AVX...i've played random prov1x's i've found but never given them a full go.
They're the polar opposite of an avx.

Also, was the 6th hole what I'm picturing? Chile bound and determined, looking everywhere, even under the cart, for those two missing balls? :LOL:

They're the polar opposite of an avx.

Also, was the 6th hole what I'm picturing? Chile bound and determined, looking everywhere, even under the cart, for those two missing balls? :LOL:

the one i'd been playing for the last 2 rounds was pretty dirty (but otherwise, "unscathed") and i forgot to wet the towel before tee'ing off so i wanted to play a new one...i was going "WTF??!! i didn't even use them...how TF are they not in the bag??!!" ...on the way out, i bought another sleeve from the pro shop to make sure i can play them head to head with the CSX next week...

Wilson Duo Soft red. I don’t hit those as far as my usual gamers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the one i'd been playing for the last 2 rounds was pretty dirty (but otherwise, "unscathed") and i forgot to wet the towel before tee'ing off so i wanted to play a new one...i was going "WTF??!! i didn't even use them...how TF are they not in the bag??!!" ...on the way out, i bought another sleeve from the pro shop to make sure i can play them head to head with the CSX next week...
That's what you get for trying to replace the gamer ball! That little trooper saw you through 2 rounds, good and bad, and you were gonna replace it just because it didn't look as pretty?!!

That's what you get for trying to replace the gamer ball! That little trooper saw you through 2 rounds, good and bad, and you were gonna replace it just because it didn't look as pretty?!!

it was cleaned immediately upon getting home :ROFLMAO:...it will start off (and finish) the next round. i don't need to mix in the tour B's for a while now :rolleyes:

it was cleaned immediately upon getting home :ROFLMAO:...it will start off (and finish) the next round.

it's gonna break ranks and sprint for freedom from your 'when it's convenient' love by hole 3

That's the spirit. (y)

it's gonna break ranks and sprint for freedom from your 'when it's convenient' love by hole 3

That's the spirit. (y)

if it bails, i'll be heartbroken:cry:

I had to switch from white to yellow, having trouble tracking a white ball. Only had one yellow ball so over the last few weeks, I put the Z-Star XV into play. I'd soon add the regular Z-Star to the mix.

Now I'm really confused because I like them both.

I prefer the feel of the Z-Star, especially around and on the greens. But I seem to putt better with the harder XV. Something about that feedback.

I drive a little straighter with the Z-Star but longer with the XV. Score similarly with both. Still have a couple dozen of each so the comparison will continue.

Pro V1 kick lately during league play...I like it and major green-side feel.

I got the regular ones, 2 boxes for $50 at Golf Galaxy. Color wise I would say these are more green then yellow, even more so then Titleist AVX balls. If you have a somewhat recent iPhone, look at the battery indicator when you have a decent charge - that green is probably pretty close, although I think the matte green is a touch lighter. Green is my favorite color and these stand out really well.

Last edited:
if you want to play a new ball that doesn't cost too much - give the Titleist tru-feel a go. Some are saying the spin around the greens isn't top-notch, but if it was, you'd be paying twice the price. Softish feel and long....

2020 Chrome Soft. Feels great through the bag, but seems like it plays really hot.

chrome soft x 2020. whoa, what a ball! #gamer

2020 Chrome Soft. Feels great through the bag, but seems like it plays really hot.

I’ve noticed the same now the weather has warmed up a bunch. The ball now seems a bit jumpy off the clubface however I’m still getting carry distances that are close to my average yardage for the given club. I think the 2020 X would be more up your alley.

Played a TP5 this morning, quite enjoyed using it, although I don't think I got as much spin as I do with the Pro V1x. Will play another few causal rounds with them to see how they continue to perform

At the moment I don't think they are taking over from the Pro V1x in competition rounds

Back