What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

CS and CSX. Man I really like the CSX off the driver, but just can't use it the rest of the way to the hole. Just does't seem as long on approach shots. I tried a couple times hitting a CS after playing my shot with the CSX and got better results with the CS, closer to hole, stopped just as well.

Tried the newish Mizuno Pro. VERY soft compared to the ball I normally play, the Srixon Z-Star. Spins well around the green, but too soft for my liking.

On the 7th hole, playing the Bstone RXS.

Initial thoughts: I like it. Solid ball. It does make a funny sound off the irons though. Kinda clucky... which is kinda odd.
Plenty of spin though.
I’m even through 7 and playing very nicely with it.

5 iron from 2hundo...
EC978E4E-47C1-4DA6-AE97-461E6AE8A8CC.jpeg

Last edited:
I have not played them yet but I will this week. Easily one of the best looking golf balls. F5C7922B-84A9-40B2-9E27-3AAC5E6CCB7A.jpeg

Pro V1x again today. Performed as it always does for me. I love it

Just chiming in again to say the Maxfli Tour seems to be a great ball for me. Nice distance, feels great on impact with all clubs including putting, spin is good, and they are pretty cheap - often can get 2 boxes for $50 at Dick’s/GG. This is going to be my gamer until I get good enough to try some of the higher end balls.

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track. Triple track is amazing, have never felt so confident standing over putts. Was also great off the tee, only missed two fairways with driver. Need more time to comment on 60 and in spin. None to speak of today, but that could have been conditions. Will update with some ball condition pictures later. Ball got a workout off a couple trees and cart path once. Showed some wear/scuffing but don't think its unexpected given the trees/cart path treatment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Shot even (38, 34) today with the RXS. Nice ball. Makes a funny sound off my mid and long irons. Plenty of spin. Not even a question.
Thismay sound odd,but it feels like a “forgiving” ball if there is such a thing.

Here is a lw from 98 yards, in the rough. Cant ask for more stop than that! This setup my third bird in a row on the back.

115EA0BA-A337-42B7-B601-C013F29F50A3.jpeg

Had an absolutely superb round today with one Srixon Z Star ball.

tee to green it was fantastic- maybe a little shorter in the wind but did everything I wanted
It to do driver/irons/fairways wedges and putter

So played today with the Q Star Tour

Swing wasn’t as good as yesterday. Seemed to launch the Ball higher on most shots driver thru wedges.

Not as much spin around the green as the Z Star.

Also seemed to be a full club short on shots, was colder than it was yesterday morning

For the price point absolutely fantastic ball though and performed as advertised

I played two different golf balls today:
1) Bridgestone B RXS yellow
Very nice looking yellow golf ball that feels great off the clubface. I don't spin the ball that much but do get a bit of spin on the greens out of these.
2) Kirkland Signature
Very good golf ball, that feels good off the clubface and travels very well. Again, I don't get much in the way of green spin, but these bite a little bit and stop for me as well. The Kirkland has a nice look too it!
I could make either of these my preferred ball.

Played the ProV1X based on a suggestion from Titleist. Never considered myself an X guy but was surprised. Will be trying the ZStar XV next due to price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CS G Truvis today, one ball for the whole round. I had a couple of bunker shots today and that ball stopped on a dime twice and had a bit of run out once. No cuts or scuffs on the cover and could easily play it another round.

Taylor Made TP5 Pix. I really like this ball and it quickly moves to the top of my list with the 2020 CS. Thanks @OldandStiff for steering me to this ball. The 2 play pretty similar for me and because of that it would be based on price. Both seem to spin very well for me, distance is as expected with driver and fairways, maybe longer off irons than expected. What I liked about the TP5 is the ability to fight shot down and shape em. It’s a bit more friendly to me in that aspect. No complaints it’s a great ball and since I played the entire round with just 1 I guess I’ll be playing many more with it.

I played 60 on course pitches between 30 and 70 yards today with Chrome Soft X, Tour Speed, and Prov1x. My thoughts are still in development.

Glad you liked the TP5, @ApexFan . And that you hung onto it!

I played 60 on course pitches between 30 and 70 yards today with Chrome Soft X, Tour Speed, and Prov1x. My thoughts are still in development.

Glad you liked the TP5, @ApexFan . And that you hung onto it!
Me too. God knows I tried to lose it but it prevailed. I really like that in a golf ball. ;)

I recently picked up some yellow Pro V1s just to have them in the arsenal (amongst the VAST) supply of Pro V1s I've acquired over the last month (stupid raffles, see pic.) I brought out a sleeve recently, and noticed some real differences between the yellow ball and its white counterpart. I don't know what the requirements are to be called the same ball in terms of USGA conformity, but these are NOT the same balls. They appear to be worlds apart in terms of performance.

I played 15 holes with the yellow ball, and felt like I was just having a bad round. Everything was coming up short by 5 to 10 yards, and I could not command the ball to shape the way I wanted to at all. I was growing frustrated, but again just chalking it up to a bad round. on 16 I decided to switch to a white ball, and all of the sudden everything was back to normal. We went on and played an additional 6 holes at the end of the round, and sure enough the white ball performed as expected.

Needless to say, the yellow balls are no longer in my stash. I can't imagine that I had a bad batch, as I believe Titleist's QC to be top notch. I cannot believe these balls are so different.

Here's my stash just for fun. I think I've paid less than $300 for all of this, and just two days ago, added 6 dozen more.
View attachment 8962741
How? :love:

I am playing my Snell MTX right now. I have 2 sleeves left from the dozen I ordered last month unopened and 3 of them I have used. Lost 2 of them and retired one to the chipping collection. I have 5 dozen of the yellow ones coming with the 23rd shipment. I probably don't need that many but I didn't want to get left with inventory problems. I like playing this ball. I definitely want to play one ball to be consistent.

Last edited:
Play the Chrome Soft this week in a tournament and that ball just feels perfect for my 95 mph swing.

Play the Chrome Soft this week in a tournament and that ball just feels perfect for my 95 mph swing.
That's what all of us should strive to do. Find the ball that fits your swing speed and feels good. For my slower swing speed the Callaway Supersoft fits and feels good

You maybe referring to the TopFlight D2 +Feel which is a great value. I'm told the new Hammer Control is a touch better yet still cheap. Often these are on sales 2 for 25 or 3 for 30.
Found a couple Hammer Control balls. Did not expect anything out of them. I thought with the name they would be a rock that I can’t control. It was nothing of the kind. Pretty good.

Found a couple Hammer Control balls. Did not expect anything out of them. I thought with the name they would be a rock that I can’t control. It was nothing of the kind. Pretty good.

If I wasn't loaded up on Soft Feels, would highly consider the yellow Hammer Controls.

ProV1x... This is a great ball. Reccomendation by Titleist through distance fitting. I just jelled with this ball today... Tons of wind and it pierced through it with great success. The flight and rollout in fairway as well as stopping power on approach and chips. Just bueno.

my b bag has a bunch of new soft feels (last year's) in it so i played a soft feel today. great distance of the fw, felt good off the irons...spin was lacking compared to what i've been playing lately (CS, CSX, AVX and BRXS)...still a great ball at the price.

I was playing with a Srixon Q Star and a Soft Feel. Not sure which I prefer better. Both perform pretty well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used a Pro V1 yesterday for a change. Performed as I expected, not quite as high a ball flight as the x but pretty much the same in all other areas. Managed my first Ace with it too

Used a Pro V1x again today, higher ball flight, which is what I want, but other than that pretty much the same as the Pro V1 from the day before

Titleist just make great golf balls

Back