What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Used a Pro V1 yesterday for a change. Performed as I expected, not quite as high a ball flight as the x but pretty much the same in all other areas. Managed my first Ace with it too

Used a Pro V1x again today, higher ball flight, which is what I want, but other than that pretty much the same as the Pro V1 from the day before

Titleist just make great golf balls
Congrats on the Ace.

After reading that @Canadan plays the RXS I picked up a dozen and I really like them, I seem to get a bit more distance over the XS and greenside they seem just as good spin wise.

2020 Chrome Soft. Freaking fantastic ball. Love the effortless high flight.

2020 Chrome Soft. Freaking fantastic ball. Love the effortless high flight.

I’ve got a whole mess of Z-Star that I got for $20/dozen. But I’ve played some holes recently with some CS from my parents stash (their house backs up the first fairway of a course), and I don’t know what it is but it may be the ball for me. I just seem to hit some excellent shots with them.

Definitely looking at picking some more up to try.

How do you feel the 2020 compare to the prior gen 2018s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been playing the QST for the last few rounds while waiting for my Supersoft Magnas to arrive. I sometimes wonder why I don’t just settle on the QST and roll with it, such a good ball.

I’ve got a whole mess of Z-Star that I got for $20/dozen. But I’ve played some holes recently with some CS from my parents stash (their house backs up the first fairway of a course), and I don’t know what it is but it may be the ball for me. I just seem to hit some excellent shots with them.

I don’t find them comparable at all. The 2020 performs much better.

More Pix 2.0

SO FREAKING GOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Left Dash ProV1x. Made 2 personal bests this weekend with this ball in play.

I found the 2018s too soft and too low spinning.
The 2020s are still soft, but not stupid soft. Seems to make a nice difference IMO.

I've been playing the 2020 CS w/ TT. Picked up a sleeve of the 2020-CSX and played it on several holes on Friday. It definitely feels firmer, and I think it is a little longer off the driver with maybe a slightly lower launch for me. With the irons, however, I come up a little shorter than I anticipate due to increased spin. Where I would get a step or two of release from the CS I get basically drop and stop with the CSX on my approaches. I can easily adjust for that over time. I have no issue with the sound or feel off the putter (I used the SL Double-Wide Friday). As I said, I only used it on several, not all holes as I chose not to use it on holes where there is a higher likelihood of a ball getting lost. With only three balls to get a true test from I didn't want to risk one of them right off the bat. :LOL: Also, there was not enough of a breeze/wind to make a judgment as to how the CSX might perform under windier conditions.

At this point, I feel I could play either one with little to no difference in overall outcomes.

I've been playing the 2020 CS w/ TT. Picked up a sleeve of the 2020-CSX and played it on several holes on Friday. It definitely feels firmer, and I think it is a little longer off the driver with maybe a slightly lower launch for me. With the irons, however, I come up a little shorter than I anticipate due to increased spin. Where I would get a step or two of release from the CS I get basically drop and stop with the CSX on my approaches. I can easily adjust for that over time. I have no issue with the sound or feel off the putter (I used the SL Double-Wide Friday). As I said, I only used it on several, not all holes as I chose not to use it on holes where there is a higher likelihood of a ball getting lost. With only three balls to get a true test from I didn't want to risk one of them right off the bat. :LOL: Also, there was not enough of a breeze/wind to make a judgment as to how the CSX might perform under windier conditions.

At this point, I feel I could play either one with little to no difference in overall outcomes.
Yes, but which one will give you more aces?

Hope you're well brother.

Yes, but which one will give you more aces?

Hope you're well brother.
I wouldn't expect to have a HIO with only one round under my belt with the CS-X! Maybe after a couple of more rounds though a big number needed to match the number I've had with the CS (2020 and 2nd Gen). :LOL:

Living the life!

2020 CS Truvis G and Truvis USA. The CS just checks all the boxes for me, distance, feel, performance all around. Durability has also been very good with the 2020 ball.

After reading that @Canadan plays the RXS I picked up a dozen and I really like them, I seem to get a bit more distance over the XS and greenside they seem just as good spin wise.
I've read this a couple times lately. Did he switch? Because he had been playing and was a big fan of the RX, not the RXS.

Left Dash ProV1x. Made 2 personal bests this weekend with this ball in play.
You've been digging that ball. It's pretty hard. The feel doesn't bother you at all?

You've been digging that ball. It's pretty hard. The feel doesn't bother you at all?
Not at all, I’ve found that I score better with higher compression balls. My highest score previously was with a Volvik Vivid XT, the ball they use for LD competition. I can draw it off the driver with ease. The only thing I’ve found is that I have to swing a little harder on wedges. The incoming MDCB 58° should help. IIRC Left Dash is the 2018 version of ProV1x.

Bridgestone Tour B XS.....still tops

TP5 Pix. The more I play this ball the more I like it. It just flat out performs for me. I don’t have one complaint about this ball. I was resistant to try it and now I won’t put it down. Not sure what I’ll do with the 20 dozen Z Stars I own other than play em through the winter. The Pix feature is great as I just use it to determine my ball. I can’t believe there are not the number one ball. For me they are better than the other top options. 3 rounds with the ball have gone 86, 83 and 82. 82 is my best round and today a 2 over front is my best ever. Sold!

TP5 non Pix version. My box of Pix's kept scuffing and cutting after 2-3 holes and my wedges probably have 50ish rounds on them, so that shouldn't be the reason. No problems at all with the normal white version. Such a great ball - approach control is the best I've ever played.

My favorite ball is still the OnCore Avant55. I played them today and ordered a couple dozen more.

My favorite ball is still the OnCore Avant55. I played them today and ordered a couple dozen more.

I like that spec, 2 piece and 55 compression. How's the green matte ball or yellow or are you playing white?

I like that spec, 2 piece and 55 compression. How's the green matte ball or are you playing white?

My favorite is the matte green. They are out of stock now so I had to go with yellow. But I still have a few green and white stashed away.

I played the TP5 pix today. I normally play the to TP5, so no revelations on that front. I'm normally one of the guys shouting 'keep your crap off my ball!' though, and the pix designs didn't bother me at all. Pretty easy to ignore most of the time, and kind of fun to see spin on chips and such. Surprised me.

Last edited:
TP5Pix again. It’s my cats meow if you will. It’s awesome in every aspect of my game. It’s a ProV1 only better. The Pix is just a bonus. I don’t like paying for the ball but my game loves it so it is what it is. I want lower scores and it’s delivering.

I do want to add something. Mainly because it deserves a kudo. The 2020 CS is a close runner up. Not sure what’s better but the TM TP5 is money. CS is also great.

Back