What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

LOL, those things are still around? They were a hole sponsor for a couple years at an annual charity scramble I used to play in, that had to be at least 10 years ago, I haven't seen those balls anywhere since. It was the same deal with hitting the green, I won a sleeve of them. I saved them to use for water holes because they were so bad I wanted to lose them. :ROFLMAO:

I thought it was me when I hit it... I only hit it that one shot and didn't care for it so I just threw it in the bag... I'll have to try it again

Played the yellow ProV1 yesterday and today. The feel of the standard ProV1 is so spot on for what I like. Not too firm, not too soft. Performance is simply solid and consistent.

LOL, those things are still around? They were a hole sponsor for a couple years at an annual charity scramble I used to play in, that had to be at least 10 years ago, I haven't seen those balls anywhere since. It was the same deal with hitting the green, I won a sleeve of them. I saved them to use for water holes because they were so bad I wanted to lose them. :ROFLMAO:

I actually found one of those on my home course on Tuesday evening. We had a laugh as its the surname of Grant, so he kept it

TP5.

Not changing any time soon.

Does absolutely everything I need.

Tried last years Bridgestone Tour B X balls on the front 9 today. Hit them very well with the irons. Point and shoot with 1 hop and stop. Ball was always inches from the pitch mark on the green. HOWEVER, these were awful to putt with IMO. I could not get the feel and sound of them coming off my putter to adjust for speed. Tried and Tried. Harder feel on putts for sure for me. Great ball for drives and irons, not so much for shorter shots (under 60 yards) and putts for me. Played last years Chrome Softs (yellow) on the back 9 and it was the total package for me.

Was spraying stuff all over the place today, so pulled out a Bridgestone B RX out of the bag to hit. Hated it. Ended up giving it to my father in law after one hole. Went back to the Vice Pro Plus balls I’m using at the moment. I can’t help keep coming back to these. That just work for me from tee to green!

I tried one of those bright orange Titleist velocity golf balls today, and it performed quite well considering . I usually play urethane balls for a little help on the green but the velocity did quite well for itself. I don't think I would actually go out and buy a dozen of them, but they are decent.

Tour speed, lot of straight distance off the tee. Approach shots check just a bit more distance between the point of impact and the hop and stop distances.

Feels good off putter and all UBS for that matter

I played the Kirkland Signature Performance+ 3 piece ball yesterday. My wife picked them up any Costco a few weeks ago.

I actually thought it was a good ball. I thought they were good around the green and with the short irons as it checked up pretty nicely. I am not the biggest or most consistant hitter off the tee and did notice that the Kirkland ball was about 5 yards shorter than the Taylor Made Tour Response that I also played on a few holes.

I don't think they are nearly the best ball on the market but they might be the best value at $1 per ball. I still have 24 left so they will be in the rotation for a while. Also, I didn't see any of the durability issues that other users have seen but I played a lot more bump and run than full wedge shots.

Anyone else find that the feel of the ball when putting actually makes a discernible difference in their performance.

I noticed over the last few days that my lag putting with the standard ProV1 was impeccable. I had been plying the firmer feeling TP5X and I think my putting was just that bit better with the slightly softer feeling ball.

I have to say I love this years Chrome Soft, especially the USA Truvis version. The feel is exactly what I like and it's been performing very well for me. Callaway did well on that update.

Anyone else find that the feel of the ball when putting actually makes a discernible difference in their performance.

I noticed over the last few days that my lag putting with the standard ProV1 was impeccable. I had been plying the firmer feeling TP5X and I think my putting was just that bit better with the slightly softer feeling ball.
It definitely does.

I have to say I love this years Chrome Soft, especially the USA Truvis version. The feel is exactly what I like and it's been performing very well for me. Callaway did well on that update.
Really liking this ball overall alot.

I'm not a even a feel guy with putting, at least not how I hear other guys talk about it, and I think it does. It's part of why I end up playing TP5 and used to play proV1. They just feel right.

Absolutely. I feel like my lag putting with the Chrome Soft X hasn't been nearly as good because of how firm it is. However when I start using a softer insert again that could definitely change.

Yes, I think I putt better with a harder ball - I noticed my putting is better with -ProV1X

Stinking double on my last hole today caused me to vlow a sub 80 round and the worst part is I hit a good drive that missed the fairway by maybe 2-3 yards and we never found the ball in foot deep rough. I was angry and blew the chance to save bogie.
Yes, I think I putt better with a harder ball - I noticed my putting is better with -ProV1X
There's no question I get better feedback with a firmer golf ball. It's the same with a firmer putter face as well. The worst putter I have ever had was an Odyssey RX line putter, which had a soft insert to it that I just loathed.

There's no question I get better feedback with a firmer golf ball. It's the same with a firmer putter face as well. The worst putter I have ever had was an Odyssey RX line putter, which had a soft insert to it that I just loathed.
Ask yourself this, how many PGA Players have a putter in play with a Soft or Microhinge insert? - There is some, not many....

Ask yourself this, how many PGA Players have a putter in play with a Soft or Microhinge insert? - There is some, not many....

A LOT actually. Tons use the White Hot insert, which is very similar in firmness to the current model.

It definitely makes a difference. I like the feel of a softer ball with the putter. My feel goes right in the toilet with firmer balls and the sensation at impact almost makes me cringe.

My swing has been such a mess this year that I've finally given up and moved back to a cheaper ball while I work out the demons. Grabbed 2 dozen Diablo Tours for $40 at DSG. Forgot how much I like this ball. Good distance, plenty of spin on approaches. I might lose a little spin on the short stuff, but it's not enough to scare me back to a $45/doz golf ball right now!

Absolutely. I think this is part of the reason for sticking with a ball. Some will prefer the firmer and some softer. Or perhaps we can all adjust if we stick with just one.

Absolutely. I think this is part of the reason for sticking with a ball. Some will prefer the firmer and some softer. Or perhaps we can all adjust if we stick with just one.
Agreed. I've tried a number of golf ball models this season and think I've shot most of my best rounds with the standard ProV1. My hole in one was with it too. Guess that says something....

Agreed. I've tried a number of golf ball models this season and think I've shot most of my best rounds with the standard ProV1. My hole in one was with it too. Guess that says something....
I hear ya, hit a smorgasbord of balls myself. Think I’ve settled on the TP5.

I hear ya, hit a smorgasbord of balls myself. Think I’ve settled on the TP5.
Liking it better than the Chrome Soft.

Back