What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Supposedly the new stock has had the cover fixed. I had the X and reg tour and both performed great. If truly the cover was fixed, I’d say these are the best IMO

bounced between a soft feel and z-star xv today...that's just what i happened to grab out of the pocket. was getting good stops with the ZXV on the greens but the soft feels were stopping pretty well also...

First round of the year yesteray, I played several different balls, often switching hole to hole. Not the best performance/scoring approach, but at this point in the season and with the conditions (cool, wet, variable winds), I wasn't too worried about that. Nice time to consider ball options.

Tour B X - my gamer, balanced
'21 TP5x - better feel than the previous version, solid and long
'20/21 Chromesoft - nice ball, easy to play
'21 Chromesoft X LS - surprised me. great flight off driver. good feel everywhere else.
'21 Pro V1 - very good feel, all around sold performance
RB Tour X - feels firm, spins and spins. this particular ball ended up in the water on the 18th hole.

I would be happy playing any of those with the exception of the RB Tour X. TP5x and CS X LS were my favorites of the day. I will also soon spend some time playing the new Srixon XV and Pro V1x.

Tour B XS, still my favorite golf ball ever.

Srixon Soft Feel. Only place it lacks is around the green, but have been adjusting for it a bit.

Wilson Staff Model. Feel is great, performance wows me but the durability might be the most impressive thing about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My last 6 rounds I've been playing the Bridgestone e12 Contact. Honestly, I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be.

My last 6 rounds I've been playing the Bridgestone e12 Contact. Honestly, I'm more impressed with it than I thought I would be.

I keep saying I'm gonna grab a dozen but I keep putting them back

I played the previous version Supersoft on Thursday and it was as good as I remember it being the last stretch I played them. Straight, great ball flight, good distance with irons.

I keep saying I'm gonna grab a dozen but I keep putting them back
IMO they’re really worth a try unless you play a high spin game and count on being able to rip balls back on the greens.

IMO they’re really worth a try unless you play a high spin game and count on being able to rip balls back on the greens.

i have found my scoring is better when i DON'T try to play high spin so these will get a look

I picked up some oncore 55,
3 weeks ago,
Why-price and my swing speed.
Would I buy them again?
Negative.
I was looking for distance and they didn't achieve the purpose.

Positive good spin around greens.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Srixon Soft Feel. Only place it lacks is around the green, but have been adjusting for it a bit.

That’s what I played last weekend. I usually put them in play when I’m playing like crap and figure I’m going to lose a few. I chipped in for my first ever eagle with one so maybe I should stick with them

Played in some wind yesterday so reached for the lower spinning 2020 CS (instead of my usual CSX). Great ball, especially inside 100 yards and around the greens.
After a lousy drive I had 220 to a par 4 straight into the wind so I ripped a high draw 4H that landed hole high and released a few feet. It didn't even look like the wind touched it.

A few really nice up & downs as well. Relied on the bite on some of the downhill chips.

I really don't like a firm ball or one that is too soft. There are a few balls that fit this parameter but the one I play is the Wilson Professional. I still get a feel off the irons and woods but the best thing going for this ball is the way that is does the short game and around the green/and on the green. Great ball doesn't get enough press though.

Played 2020 CS today because it handles the wind so well. Around the green it will just hop and stop if you need it to.

Got out for my first round this year. Used a RB Tour X and really liked the feel off all the clubs. Only downside is it get chewed up pretty quickly on wedge shots as the covers seem rather soft. Was going to have a picture as had 1 ball all day to show how it held up then had a hard pull with driver on 18 to send it to its final resting place :facepalm:

Played the new ProV1 exclusively while down at Streamsong last week. Typically play the TP5x Pix practice ball but wanted to try the pro v. Really liked the feel and was seeing excellent distance off the tee and control around the greens.

Going to take advantage of the buy3 get 1 deal to stock up some.

Played TP5 Pix 2.0 Really like the short game spin I got. Would play them again

I picked up some oncore 55,
3 weeks ago,
Why-price and my swing speed.
Would I buy them again?
Negative.
I was looking for distance and they didn't achieve the purpose.

Positive good spin around greens.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Agree those are rough! DO NOT LIKE them. feel hard and distance was a meh.

I played Tour Response Today! Had good success, soft yet a nice click on putters - flush shots on driver and irons felt great and no known distance loss. Distance was on par with other balls.

Next Up - Bridgestone e12 contact

OnCore Avant55. I love this ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a Snell MTBX for the first time in ages and really liked it. It cut through some pretty stiff wind pretty well and played well off the irons. It seemed like I got a little more roll out around the greens then I'm used to but overall it performed well.

Back