What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Tried the new TP5x on a whim.

It's really good. Short game spin is so much better. They nailed it with the changes, and, as usual its long, and great in the wind.

Will be playing for most of the season, unless course conditions dictate I need all the spin. Then it's the RB Tour X.

It was the soft version, I have been jumping around brands lately and like you I was impressed with the performance, ball really was alive off the irons. I had a poorly hit 4 iron and ball still carried 200 yards straight. I might try a sleeve of contact version just in case it's better.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

e12 Soft and e12 Speed have been replaced by the e12 Contact. Since I never played the Soft or Speed, I can't compare, but the Contact is really good. The price might be a little high for a non urethane ball, but the performance compares with the tour balls that I've played.

e12 Soft and e12 Speed have been replaced by the e12 Contact. Since I never played the Soft or Speed, I can't compare, but the Contact is really good. The price might be a little high for a non urethane ball, but the performance compares with the tour balls that I've played.
Ohhh no, it's been replaced already? Lol
Well I'm buying all can at the moment.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I played the '21 TP5x. I played a long course that was very wet, and parts of it were in the wind. It's just a good ball. Long with good carry off the tee - Had a 270 and 271, but they were the 2 that were uphill into it, and everything else was 285+. 284 is kind of my magic number into the wind. If I can swing easy and control my windown and spin, into a pretty decent wind, I'm right at 284. To do that with most on a day like today was really something. It's decent into the wind. The greens there are very firm regardless of any rain and tough to hold. I hit 5i's uphill that stopped within 5i, 7i draws in just a few, and could work wedges through the wind and kill them after the hop consistently. Love the new feel greenside and have no issues with spin. I like it.

I had some pro shop credit to use, so a couple weeks ago I picked up a dozen of the previous generation TP5x to try as they had some on sale

Admittedly my swing hasn't been the best recently, but it seems to perform well everywhere apart from those 20-50yd approaches where I would expect to see a bit more bite than I have been seeing - that could be me, or it could also be the greens as they are a little bit behind schedule in terms of maintenance due to the weather but they are getting better every day now

The only downside I have seen is the durability of the cover - I thinned a bunker shot and left a nice old smiley face in the cover, which I haven't seen in a ball for a long time now

I have got a match tonight and another on Saturday, so I will start the round with the TP5x, but I will also make sure I have got a number of the '21 Chrome Soft X in the bag as well in case I don't see the results I want and can swap

I may give the new 2021 version of the TP5x a try, but they are quite a bit more expensive than the CSX (£42 for the TP5x and £37 for the CSX) in the usual places I look

Still playing the e12 Contact and still enjoying it. It’s a good ball - very good, actually. I won’t repeat everything I’ve already said about it, but I’ll add that since I’ve been keeping them in play and not losing many balls, I’ve been able to evaluate their durability, and it’s really good.

I didn't play the TP5x last night as I automatically reached for the CSX when I got to the 1st tee, although not sure if any ball could help based on the first 3 holes.....I managed to lose a ball with my second shot of the evening when I hit a nice pull-hook into thick bushes and trees, so that was 1 ball gone straight away

Once I managed to get into the game, I was hitting nice fades but shorter than normal due to my back playing up, but the ball was reacting and sitting pretty much where it landed on full swing approaches, and partial shots were seeing some bite that left me further from the hole than I wanted at times

Lost another ball on the 15th when I donated it to the water in front of the green, but that was entirely my fault and not the ball as I caught the shot a bit heavy which cost me distance (and the hole in the match)

Might give the TP5x a try on Saturday if I remember

Last round I played a Bstone RXS ( last version, not current), last one from a dozen I bought last year.
I've played this ball in the past with mixed results.
Feels good and responds well around the green. Shortish off driver. Not a good wind ball for me, lots of spin/ movement.
Maybe the RX would be better?
I'm still liking the TM Tour Response or Chrome Soft overall for my game.

TaylorMade Tour Response, which replaced the long loved and highly successful Project (a).

Wow, what a disappointment, the ball feels cheaper and the cover scuffs/tears very easily, it's really nothing like it's predecessor IMO.

I've been a long time TM ball player, but now I'm done, obviously the TP5 is great but too expensive for my game, I'm searching for a new 3-piece urethane and am looking at Snell.
Interesting take.
I've played the Tour Response quite a bit and I'm pretty sure I'm finding inconsistencies in the quality. Like some feel a little harder than others. Could just be my own inconsistency, though :rolleyes:.
They do pretty good around the green and feel good off the putter.
BTW, I didn't like the Project A ball at all.
The Snell MTB Black is a good ball, but I found them to scuff easily, and the logo comes off quickly.

I bought some Supersoft ‘Max’ balls I’d never seen before last week (they were out of white regular supersoft). Didn’t realize they were oversized, honestly wasn’t noticeable. I hit them well…

Srixon Soft Feel. Great off the tee and gives me some extra yards because of lower spin. Good on approach shots and feels really good off the putter

I'd been playing the yellow 2021 Pro V1 but my stock ran out. Wanting to stick with yellow, I still had a dozen yellow previous generation Z-Star XV's.

The ball works for me. I don't appreciate the harder feel, like... at all (love the feel of the regular Z-Star). But I tend to score well with it. Great distance, stable flight, very good check. My absolute, only issue is feel. I need to get over that.

I'd been playing the yellow 2021 Pro V1 but my stock ran out. Wanting to stick with yellow, I still had a dozen yellow previous generation Z-Star XV's.

The ball works for me. I don't appreciate the harder feel, like... at all (love the feel of the regular Z-Star). But I tend to score well with it. Great distance, stable flight, very good check. My absolute, only issue is feel. I need to get over that.
Z Star XVs feel so hard to me, especially off the putter. I haven’t played them enough to form an opinion about them overall, just that I hate their feel off the putter.

Z Star XVs feel so hard to me, especially off the putter. I haven’t played them enough to form an opinion about them overall, just that I hate their feel off the putter.
It bothers me most on chips and short pitches. Weirdly enough, off putter it doesn't put me off at all.

As I go up through the bag, it registers less and less. I guess if I hit more greens, I'd love the darned thing.

Hex Chrome+, found a couple in a bin so I nabbed them. I have played these before and like them. My prior experience with these, they were a spin monster with wedges and it still proved true wow

I finally busted out a sleeve of the TP5 pix balls I got for Christmas. Too bad I am too cheap to buy them myself, because I really liked them. Until I lost all 3 that is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost too many balls to count today, one being a TP5 pix. Losing that one stung just a bit more.

Srixon Divide.

csx yellow with tt. i’m not a yellow ball guy but i agree with @JMB3 that these are much more durable than the white. for that reason this will be my ball going forward (assuming i can find more stock).

2021 Taylormade TP5x. Probably the best all around ball for ME that I've ever played. Happy I bought the 4 for 3 deal. The cover isn't the most durable, but I'm on the same ball for the last 45 holes and it's still serviceable.

Titleist AVX. Was super windy yesterday and this ball worked amazing. Plus I hit a few serious bombs with the driver when I got a side or wind at my back.

I love Srixon XV... Great Ball flight high and check on greens. The ball handles well off irons with a nice click. Putter face feels a bit hard which is what I like VS mushy.

I've been playing the Snell MTB Black for the last 24 rounds or so. I like its consistency, soft feel and distance comparable to the 2020 Chrome Soft it replaced. Where I have somewhat of an issue with it, and it may or may not be the fault of the ball but me, is that it may be too soft combined with the Odyssey 10 w/TT on the green as I tend to leave a lot of putts dead center but a revolution away from going on. That may change over time as there has been a lot of rain all year and maybe when the greens firm up and pick up a little speed that won't be an issue.

Saint Nine Misty green and yellow, Titleist Velocity green and pink and Bridgestone e12 Contact yellow and green. For me I not only need a performer but one I can see. Misty green and Titleist green seemed visually the best. e12 felt softer with a little more green side spin.

Back