What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I’ve been testing the Bridgestone Tour B X against the Srixon Z Star XV. XV seems to spin a lot more with my irons. No difference in short game. Driver has been null and void really. Likely to go back to The Tour B X.

Played the Srixon Q-Star Tour Divide yellow/red! This ball is a freaking riot! I’m going to swap to this after using up my all yellow stock.

I usually play the previous gen yellow Srixon Z-Star XV, but sometimes my game gets a bit off and I start losing too many balls. When that happens, I've been using some mixed mint quality used Pro V1 balls. Going to play 9 holes today with the latter, so I'll hope for better consistency.

I usually play Titleist or Srixon golf balls but I found a Maxfli Straightfli on the course and played it on the back nine and was quite impressed that it seemed to live up to its name. It wasn't the softest ball around the greens but I might buy a dozen to see how they play over multiple rounds

I played the CSX. It performed as expected, in all ways. Pairs well with my TCB's when looking for a lot of control, pretty good off driver, not sure I'll ever love the feel off putter, and chewed a couple with good wedges.

found what looked like a brand new soft feel today...the f bomb i heard while tee'ing led me to believe this was true. played it for a few holes...again, i realized the srixon soft feel is "my game"...good feel off the clubs. great distance and i can get it to stop fairly decently on good approach shots. what's not to love at $19.99 a dozen?

found what looked like a brand new soft feel today...the f bomb i heard while tee'ing led me to believe this was true. played it for a few holes...again, i realized the srixon soft feel is "my game"...good feel off the clubs. great distance and i can get it to stop fairly decently on good approach shots. what's not to love at $19.99 a dozen?
I’m telling ya, this is a great ball!!! Price is great, you can get the new version for $3 more a dozen.

I’m telling ya, this is a great ball!!! Price is great, you can get the new version for $3 more a dozen.

shoulda grabbed some during the buy 2 sale but i was set at the time...looks like i'll be grabbing a couple of dozen here soon

shoulda grabbed some during the buy 2 sale but i was set at the time...looks like i'll be grabbing a couple of dozen here soon
Try DSG, they where having a sale

Played the Maxfli Tour yellow (2019). Love that ball. The 2021 yellow Prov1 is still the king but love the Maxfli Tour almost as much. The yellow is good, spin and distance are great. Big fan.

Played the B-Stone X last. I need/want more green side spin.

back and forth between bridgestone bxs and callaway chrome soft x. chrome soft x won out in every way, including durability. bxs had a couple juiced approach shots that spun back impressively. but i didn’t like the feel, and the durability issue was unexpected. csx is still my gamer.

I usually play the previous gen yellow Srixon Z-Star XV, but sometimes my game gets a bit off and I start losing too many balls. When that happens, I've been using some mixed mint quality used Pro V1 balls. Going to play 9 holes today with the latter, so I'll hope for better consistency.

Definitely showed some improvement today but need to continue working on consistency.

Prov1.

I know I am giving up yards off the tee, but I am so used to the soft feel around the greens that anything firmer feels like it rockets off the face.

Playing on winter greens right now and finding irons are spinning a little too hard.

Anyone got a suggestion for a ball that feels soft like a Prov1, suits a longer hitter off the tee, but has less iron/wedge spin?

Anyone got a suggestion for a ball that feels soft like a Prov1, suits a longer hitter off the tee, but has less iron/wedge spin?
Regular Chrome Soft.

Prov1.

I know I am giving up yards off the tee, but I am so used to the soft feel around the greens that anything firmer feels like it rockets off the face.

Playing on winter greens right now and finding irons are spinning a little too hard.

TP5

I need the starter to body slam me if I ever tee up any ball other than a Pro V1x. Not even going to mention the ball I tested today. It doesn’t matter. My putter balks at anything other than a 1x.

wFzNXOo.jpg

Kept the same ProV1 all round. Not sure if I like putting with them though.

Going to try Taylormade Tour Response tomorrow if I don’t get rained out. Might throw in. Vice Pro and Cut Blue too.
TR is a great ball.

BStone BRX. I had picked up a sleeve just to sample.
I could play these all the time. Feels great!
Long off tee, stops on the green well enough.

After playing the 2020 Chromesoft x for the last few months I went back to my previous gamer ball which is the last gen ProV1x and I remembered why I played them for the 2 years prior.

The Chromesoft x doesn’t really have any negatives but the ProV1x is such a complete package.

I’ve read the new Chromesoft x is a better ball than the last one so I will give those a try in the future.

Regular Chrome Soft USA Truvis today. Handles the wind great and awesome on chips around the green. Not as long as the Soft Feel for me but better around the green. I need to merge the two.

Chrome soft x today. Think I found my new ball. Great off driver and stops on a dime.

Still using my TP5x and not sure if I can go away from it. Definitely been intrigued by the BRXS and BRX and the new Chromesoft X (I love the Truvis element). Can anyone compare all of these?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back