What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Still using my TP5x and not sure if I can go away from it. Definitely been intrigued by the BRXS and BRX and the new Chromesoft X (I love the Truvis element). Can anyone compare all of these?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Have recently played all of them. Played tp5x for a while. Have tried both the Bridgestone balls this year. Played chrome soft x yesterday for the 1st time. I was looking for more spin and I found it. The chrome soft x for me apparently spins much better in approach shots. It would hit and stop within a couple feet if not a couple inches on full swing approach shots. The tp5x and the Bridgestone balls would hit and release 15 to 20 feet or more. Will compare the chrome soft x and tp5 soon.

'21 ProV1x mostly yesterday. Like that ball. A lot. Definitely my #2 ball if given the choice right now. Really like it off long and short irons, good lift and spin, and for some reason I absolutely mash it off the tee. Can't say the sound combo with my TSi3 is my absolute favorite, but the results are hard to ignore. Could be a seasonal thing right now because it does seem to come out a fraction lower for me than my TP5x.

Standard Chrome Soft in both of yesterday’s round. Again, as someone coming from Supersoft golf balls, these things spin like crazy! And the feel and distance is still there.
37414E20-67A9-4BA7-B72F-00C62E5DD65F.jpeg

Still using my TP5x and not sure if I can go away from it. Definitely been intrigued by the BRXS and BRX and the new Chromesoft X (I love the Truvis element). Can anyone compare all of these?

If anything, I would expect you to notice a difference in feel between the BRXS/BRX and the CSX and TP5x, with the CSX and TP5x feeling firmer - I haven't tried the new TP5x, but I have played the previous model

Last year I played the CSX most of the year and enjoyed the performance, with full shots stopping pretty much where they landed, and partial shots would check up nicely around the green as well (obviously this depends on the quality of the strike), and I found the same thing with the previous TP5x as well

This year, due to my back issues I had gone back to the standard Chrome Soft due to my loss of swing speed, but recently decided to give the new BRXS a try (aimed at swing speeds under 105mph), and I have to say it compares favourably with the Chrome Soft in terms of that softer feel off the clubs, but performs just as well with full shots stopping quickly and partial shots being quite predictable in terms of grab and release

I normally hover in the 100-105mph driver swing speed, so I could play either of the Chrome Soft models, and it comes down to more of a feel thing for me - once I get back to full fitness and swing speed I may give the Bridgestone Tour BX and BXS a try as well as the Bridgestone balls are slightly cheaper than the Callaway ones where I order them from, so it is nice to have multiple options if something isn't in stock

Srixon Z star is a great feeling ball for a 90mph ss.

Was thinking CSX was my ball but I went out and shot my PB with the CSXLS. Haha back to going back and forth a little bit. Especially since the swing is truly coming around recently!

I’ve been pulling random balls outta the bag as I need them, and I’ve got quite the mix in there. Usually urethane cover, but on occasion something cheaper. The last round I randomly pulled out a Pro V1X along with a couple others. Finally decided to tee up the Pro V1X mid round and hit my best and longest drive of the round, then smoked it over the green, chipped back below the pin, and sunk my par putt. The Pro V1X performs better for me than any other ball I’ve tried, and believe me when I say I’ve tried ‘em all. It’s my ball of destiny I think. Once I purge my bag and shelves of all the other inferior balls, I’ll probably be Pro V1X exclusive.

Tried out the Bridgestone Tour BX the last few rounds and am impressed. Performance-wise, it seems to compare very favorably to the CSX, which I love. Most noticeable difference so far has been what seems to be a touch more distance with full shot wedges, although I probably haven't really played it enough to know for sure. Stopping power seems about the same and so does distance with both the driver and irons.

I have missed not having TT a little, but I also don't think my putting has really suffered. The one huge difference is that the BX has been exponentially more durable than the CSX so far.

I was using on oncore balls . just ordered some quantum online. I used them before and like the soft feel.

Srixon Soft Feel again at league tonight. So good off the driver for me. I’ve picked up some yardage with the lower spin. Feels great off the Chicago on putts.

Oh how I missed you CS Truvis. Love watching them spin on short game shots.

Oh how I missed you CS Truvis. Love watching them spin on short game shots.
I love the Truvis for the same reason. Unfortunately, I like the TP5 better and the pix just isn't the same lol.

Went back to the Srixon Z Star this past week. I’ve always liked this ball but with my new swing it actually seems to be working even better for me. It’s been great off of driver and approach spin and control has been really good for my game. Nice thing about Srixon is they can be found at a much friendlier price than the other premium balls.

I've been going back and forth with the Titleist AVX and the Callaway SuperSoft. Both are a little longer off the tee than my usual ProV1. They don't perform quite as well on and around the greens, but I've been able to adjust. Once our greens recover from the July aeration and get faster, I may go back to the ProV1.

Srixon Soft Feel again at league tonight. So good off the driver for me. I’ve picked up some yardage with the lower spin. Feels great off the Chicago on putts.

Gonna have to try these, though I suspect my putter won’t cooperate.

Bridgestone RXS today and seemed a great fit for me. Straight, long and stopped well in the green. Really very impressed.

I’ve been playing the Maxfli Tour lately (2019 version, in matte green — btw when I first saw one of my buddies play green Callaways I was incredulous, i.e. can you ever find that thing? The grass itself is green you dolt! But then I realized that green balls are actually very easy to pick out on the course ironically… and am now a believer). I buy them at DSG or GG where it’s usually 2 for $55.

Where do folks on here typically buy your golf balls? I’ve gotten decent used balls in the past from Lostgolfballs.com. Relatively new to the forums here and am wondering if THPers have any “hacks” or if I’m overlooking good sites or stores for balls. Thanks in advance!

Chrome Soft Triple Track. I love the soft feel and it is an all around good ball from tee to green. I have a ball with 36 holes on it and it still looks new other than a cart path scuff. It will get the nod on my next round.

csx tt. this ball blew me away today. on one hole i absolutely smacked not one but TWO trees on two different punch attempts. i also snap hooked a drive that hit a concrete drain and caromed to the other side of the fairway. the ball is unscathed somehow.

performance wise it was stellar. 205 hybrid off the deck hit the green and stopped within 3’ of its pitch mark. high draw 8i on 18 hit the green and actually backed up a bit.

i’m sure there are other good balls out there, but i’ve yet to feel csx lacks in anything. it’s just perfect.

I’ve been playing the Maxfli Tour lately (2019 version, in matte green — btw when I first saw one of my buddies play green Callaways I was incredulous, i.e. can you ever find that thing? The grass itself is green you dolt! But then I realized that green balls are actually very easy to pick out on the course ironically… and am now a believer). I buy them at DSG or GG where it’s usually 2 for $55.

Where do folks on here typically buy your golf balls? I’ve gotten decent used balls in the past from Lostgolfballs.com. Relatively new to the forums here and am wondering if THPers have any “hacks” or if I’m overlooking good sites or stores for balls. Thanks in advance!
My experience with used balls is they are inconsistent so I’m a hard pass. I’ll do search’s for balls as Srixon Z Star best price and so on.

Yesterday I played one of my worst rounds ever, and it wasn’t all just me being out of it. I was playing a course I haven’t played in a few years and decided to switch up my ball (bad idea), so I broke out a couple of sleeves of the current K-Sig.

To say the front 9 was a disaster is an understatement. I didn’t feel like I was striking the ball that poorly, but things just felt “off”. So once I knew the front nine was wrecked I decided to switch back to my normal gamer - Srixon Soft Feel matte green. I parred #10, and though the back was not good either, it was a lot better than the front once I changed balls.

Not saying the K-Sig is a BAD ball. But it certainly didn’t work for me yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I played one of my worst rounds ever, and it wasn’t all just me being out of it. I was playing a course I haven’t played in a few years and decided to switch up my ball (bad idea), so I broke out a couple of sleeves of the current K-Sig

Not saying the K-Sig is a BAD ball. But it certainly didn’t work for me yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be a bad ball for you. I feel like I've bad pretty good luck with them but everyone is their own player and what works for dinner doesn't work for others. If it was all the same, we would only have one ball on the market.

Played the TP5X 21’ today and Joyzoos do the mid and long irons fly with this ball. Zapped the par 3 8th at 229 (back pin) and I flew the green with my 4 iron! That is pretty silly for me.
A solid ball all around.

Edit: it lead to a double on the hole because it bounced into heather behind some trees…but I wasnt that mad, as I was a little impressed with the 4 iron…lol

Last edited:
Q-Star Tour Divide today. Same as I remember the QST, always feels hot off the putter to me and I struggled with distance control at times. The ball is long off the driver and has good reaction and spin around the green on chips.

Back