What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Still playing the e12 Contact, it's become a confirmed keeper for me. Plays well in the wind, feels good off all the clubs from driver to putter, performance on approach shots and greenside shots is plenty good enough for my game. Distance is good and it's a nice straight flying ball, it's almost hard to lose them unless I have an unusually bad day going on.

Chrome Soft TT. I’ve said before how I really want to like it just wished it stopped faster. I play the CSX a lot for that reason.

This last round I played on a course where the greens were much more receptive than I typically play. I was hitting the green and sucking it back off the front.

I’ve thought for a while that get I plenty of spin with the irons and it is more the green conditions making it difficult.

AVX and matte green soft feel...rotated between the two while waiting for groups ahead of me. LOVE the AVX...

Still playing the e12 Contact, it's become a confirmed keeper for me. Plays well in the wind, feels good off all the clubs from driver to putter, performance on approach shots and greenside shots is plenty good enough for my game. Distance is good and it's a nice straight flying ball, it's almost hard to lose them unless I have an unusually bad day going on.

I used to play the e12 soft and have been considering the e12 contact but haven't hit it yet. In your experience have you noticed tighter dispersion vs. your previous ball? Seems like it is one of the "key technologies" Bridgestone is advertising with 38% more contact and I wonder if there's any real world truths to that.

Played the TP5X 21’ today and Joyzoos do the mid and long irons fly with this ball.

Right? There's something in it on those clubs for me.

Yeah, it really shines in the mid/long irons. Thing goes!
I'm a big fan of the trajectory on the new version with a little more spin.

And it's a great testing ball imo. It's softer than before, but has something in the firm sound that lets you get a ton of audible feedback on the type of club you're hitting.

I'm a big fan of the trajectory on the new version with a little more spin.

And it's a great testing ball imo. It's softer than before, but has something in the firm sound that lets you get a ton of audible feedback on the type of club you're hitting.

They def improved it over last years iteration.

Srixon Z XV.
Was very durable and performed better than my normal Cut Blue. I feel like my best drives were slightly longer and my iron shots slightly more penetrating.
I will be trying the normal ZStars next time I play.

Played two Callaway Supersofts. Was getting filthy stops on high pitches/flops around the green (that part of my game was on fire today).

It's a low spin ball... my guess is that the stops were more because I had enough feel and confidence with them to really commit to the swing and throw balls high.

Last edited:
Bridgestone e12 soft. I really like this ball slot. It checks all the boxes for guys like myself who don’t spin approach and greenside shots. Very impressed

Started playing the 2021 Maxfli Tour balls and really enjoying them so far - I'd say for me they are at least equal to the 2019 versions, except they seem to only come in one color (for now).

I used to play the e12 soft and have been considering the e12 contact but haven't hit it yet. In your experience have you noticed tighter dispersion vs. your previous ball? Seems like it is one of the "key technologies" Bridgestone is advertising with 38% more contact and I wonder if there's any real world truths to that.
Yes, my dispersion has definitely gotten tighter. I’m not a straight hitter, especially off the tee, and the e12 Contact has helped tame my misses. I still miss fairways, but the misses are smaller and usually more playable.

After my debacle on Friday when I tried the K-Sig I switched back to the Srixon Soft Feel today and it felt great.

For a while I had declared the OnCore Avant55 as my #1 ball and the Srixon a close #2. They have now traded places. The Srixon responds really well and gives me the distances I expect. I may be sacrificing some distance for more accuracy. But as long as I feel like I know my distances that is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Snell being out of stick for months of the yellow MTB-X’s (and now charging for shipping which doesn’t make them quite a financially attractive), I ponied up for a box of Pro V1X’s. These balls just suit my game perfectly. They go a good distance for me and I get great control into the greens with them. These are gonna continue to stay in the bag for a while.

played a cut blue for my 9 today...between it and the soft feel, i can't find a better $20 value.

I picked up a couple of dozen of Bridgestone E12 Contacts for our trip to OC, MD last weekend. I have been using the Titleist TruFeel for awhile- mostly for budgetary reasons. But since this was a special trip, I figured I would splurge a bit and see if the performance matched the claims in the ads. I'm not exactly a bomber with SS about 99/100, so off the big stick, I didn't really see a difference there- totals from 240-270 depending on wind and roll out (last course was a killer, fairways were super grabby bermuda that always seemed to be into the grain!). The BIG difference was in the approach irons and wedges. The old TruFeels rolled out quite a bit after landing, but these genuinely just stopped within a yard. Also seemed to carry just a wee bit more. With 6 iron and in carry and total were shockingly close. And I am no real super spinner of the ball. They also felt a lot better off the putter than the TF's. When I would catch one and drop it with a one bounce check up- I would get back into the cart and say to my buddy "I REALLY like these balls..."

Found a Titleist AVX when out playing a few holes on Friday evening, so played it for a couple holes until I lost it again and I was not impressed with it to be honest, it just didn't react the way I have come to expect from the usual balls I play

I lost it when I went back to play the first 3 holes again, and I had an approach of 170yds to the front of the green, 185yds to the middle and just over 200yds to the back - as I was swinging well, I went with my 7i as the pin was tucked front left behind a bunker so I was aiming just right of centre to avoid it in case it didn't carry, but I pushed the shot slightly and flew the bunker on the right and it took a big hop out of bounds into thick bushes and trees
I grabbed a Callaway Chrome Soft X out of my bag and tried to hit the same shot again, and this time I went straight at the flag, and flew it just short of the bank to the top tier, so I dropped another CSX and hit an 8i that carried onto the green
Either there was some strong wind that I couldn't feel, or my swing is really starting to click as I haven't hit a ball that far with those clubs in a loooooong time

Sunday I played the CSX again as it was very warm and I was swinging quite freely so I decided to make the most of it and give it a go - I had never played the course before, so had to be a bit conservative at times due to blind shots/landing areas, but I hit some drives in the 260/270yd range and had a number of chips around the green grab a bit more than I expected at times which left me longer putts than expected

Yesterday, as it was a mixed foursomes match, I put the standard Chrome Soft into play (Yellow / Black Truvis) so that Jen could get the most out of it with her much slower swing speed and she hit the ball especially well off the tee, and I was hitting approach shots that were stopping pretty much where they landed

I do still have a load of Bridgestone Tour BRXS to use, but will be playing another new course at the weekend so I may stick to the CSX as I am not as familiar yet with the BRXS to throw it in the bag for a pairs tournament

Was in a jam, ran out of tp5x pix balls so ordered some Vice Pro dripped green for some fun. They played well, lost one in the rough that should have been findable.

Happy with the ball and will try them out the next few rounds.

Continuing to play the 2020 CSX right now and man is it a great ball! Long off the tee and great around the greens. Only gripe is I wish it had a little less spin off the long clubs, but I know that's what the CSX-LS is for and I have some of those too, but I'm down to my last dozen of CSX and I'll be moving on to the LS and then to the Snell MTB-X I have.

After reading @Snickerdog 's positive comments in this thread, I went to DSG last night and bought a dozen Srixon Soft Feel. Was gonna go full rogue and try them in yellow but white was the only color they had in stock. Anyway ...

Went birdie-birdie to start the round today and thought "Woo Ha! we may have a unicorn ball here!"

Finished the first nine at even par and then was 3-over on the back for a 75 in hot, humid, wet conditions so, yes, I was impressed with the Soft Feel.

At least in wet conditions, it performed well in the short game. Maybe it would be challenging in dry and fast conditions but, for today, it behaved very well. In the long game, one word -- straight. This ball wants to fly straight, period. So I did leave my normal push-draw drive out to the right a few times, but nothing extreme. And, of course, the ball feels nice off of every club in the bag.

Thinking on the round, two of the bogeys came as a result of me flying the green, which actually happened three times. Can't recall EVER flying three greens in a single 18-hole round so, apparently, I was getting some extra iron carry distance vs. my usual Pro V1x.

I did have trouble with it off the putter, as I do with almost any non-V1x ball (crazy, I know) but that may have been due to my #*^@! decision to pull my Old Faithful putter out of the bag this morning. So, it will go back in and I will give the Soft Feel another test on the greens soon.

Very good ball that I never would have bought without the high marks it received on the THP forum. Love this place. (y)

Midround right now but playing with the Chrome Soft X LS. I’ve been spinning my shots, specifically my mid to short irons a bit too much.

so far the CSX LS seems good for my shots. Bit higher initial launch with the driver. Seeing the ball land and stop closer to the pitch marks with my irons.

wedges and putter - feels very similar to CSX.

update —
just got out of a greenside bunker with some good stopping power on hole 9.
I think this ball has plenty of spin despite it being LS.

Last edited:
Tour Response is my go to for the next few rounds.
Really liking this ball.

Let's give these babies a go tonight.8EFD916D-33E3-469A-9FD9-9178B76CEE05.jpeg

Back