What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Cannot get enough of my three ball choices for the year. I can’t see playing any other one at this point. Yellow 2021 pro V one, yellow Snell MTB black, or yellow 2021 Maxfli tour. All of these balls are very good l. I’m sure there are other great balls out there but if I’ve got it this good why change?

Q-Star Tour today, little bit of ball testing going on right now.
Good off the driver, great on approach shots and chips. Feels good off the putter, I have always thought this ball was "hot" off the putter so don't know if the cover changed or what but it doesn't seem as hot now. Not sure what it is, could be just the way I am rolling the putter.

In prep for the MC, I started playing with some prov1s (for alt shot). I’ve definitely enjoyed these a lot. It’s been a great switch

Q-Star Tour today, little bit of ball testing going on right now.
Good off the driver, great on approach shots and chips. Feels good off the putter, I have always thought this ball was "hot" off the putter so don't know if the cover changed or what but it doesn't seem as hot now. Not sure what it is, could be just the way I am rolling the putter.
That is Puttmaster Jr.'s favorite ball. He's 23 and hits it a mile. And, he swears the QST short game performance is just as good as any premium ball on the market.

I played all the balls yesterday. Well, a lot of the X's at least. CSX, V1x, XV, and TP5x. Started with CSX and new MG3's and that sound combo really hit me. Same reason I don't like it off my putter. That cover just clicks to me. It's fine once I get used to it again, but it stands out to me every time I put one in play after a while. V1x still feels the most mashed off driver to me, and XV the most satisfying. It sounds and feels fast. Addicting. Just don't love it with wedges. 5x was pretty typical for me. Pretty good/what I like all around.

That is Puttmaster Jr.'s favorite ball. He's 23 and hits it a mile. And, he swears the QST short game performance is just as good as any premium ball on the market.
It's also quite durable and not expensive at all. Plenty of good qualities to it for sure.

It's also quite durable and not expensive at all. Plenty of good qualities to it for sure.
I asked and he agreed with your comment about the better speed control off the putter with the new QST version.

I have been playing the matte red e12 contact quite a bit lately. It has been working well. I miss triple track on the greens, but this one has been going straight and is durable. I am not sure if I buy more CSXLS when these are gone or go with ERC/Bridgestone RX that I have in the garage.

My course is not one where I lose many balls, but I know where to find others' misdirected shots. Occasionally when I am just playing really badly, I will try one of those found balls instead of my ProV1 or ProV1x and the last I used was a Vice Pro and I must say it was better than I expected.

A playing partner, knowing I was partial to Bridgestone, gave me a practically new Tour B X he found on the 9th hole. I told him thank you and that it may be a little too firm for me but tried it anyway on the back 9. Hit it quite well over those 9 holes and put it into play again for my round yesterday and ended up shooting a -2 70 with it. It really didn't feel much different to me than my normal RX which is a great thing. Thought the ball played similar to the RX in all aspects. Maybe a little more side spin but I had a very nice controlled draw going all round so it certainly did not hinder me. Did not feel as firm to me as a ProV1x, TP5x, Z Star XV, etc. which I really liked. I normally steer clear of "X" balls because of the firmness but this one felt a little different to me.

I played the QStar Tour Divide in Red and Yellow on Sunday. It was performed great and provided ample greenside spin. It was interesting to putt with but I enjoyed watching the spin as it rolled. The only negative for me was locating the ball when the red side was facing up or facing me. I’ll continue to play with it.

So yesterday with the kids at golf practice. One of the boys had a sleeve of Tour Speeds that he said blew his mind and said you got to hit them. So I pulled out the 8i and hit them. They felt great, high flight, and stuck, they also putted good. So I bought a sleeve and played them. Could be honeymoon phase but really impressed me.
Only issue at this point, is price.

Last edited:
I keep coming back to Pro V1x and play very solid golf with it. I find the closest thing I can get is a Hex Tour, Vice Tour or a Kirkland ball (that are significantly cheaper). However, in a perfect world I would buy and play Pro V1x.

I think Callaway Chrome Soft X LS has officially displaced the TP5x I've been playing for a while. I do wish it had a little more approach spin, but being in the fairway more often produces lower scores at my course.

Played CSX today. As much as I really don't like it in a couple ways, and chew the crap out of them, there really is something with them in combination with the TCB's. On course and in testing those two really do like each other. Some impressive shots today.

Yellow CSX LS TT. Lots of abbreviatios there, but I think I found a ball I like better than the 2021 TP5x. Unbelievably straight off my driver.

Played ProV1 and ProV1X this week. I actually like both quite well. I think I prefer the X a bit more. It just feels better to me on longer clubs and as good on shorter ones.

Played a ProV1x. It’s an OK golf ball for sure.

I have been playing the Taylormade TP5 pix balls I got for Christmas lately. I am too cheap to buy them, but I REALLY like this ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a Bridgestone e6 Soft, to compare it to the Supersoft.

At my level of skill, I can tell the difference between a hard ball and a soft ball when I hit irons and putter, but I can't tell any difference between soft balls. Probably just going to load up on Supersofts.

Pulled a CSX out to play with yesterday for 9 holes, and it reminded me why I like it so much - there is just something about the feel and spin that I get round the greens that makes it hard to beat (for me)

I don't know if it was just the conditions or my swing being more on point, but the spin I was getting on approach shots caught me out a few times - had a 60yd approach on the 1st with the pin on the top tier and I landed the ball just beyond the top of the slope but spun it back down, then had a few chips around the green that grabbed more than I expected as well (compared to the Bridgestone Tour B RXS I have been playing lately)

Question for anyone who has played both side by side - how does the CSX compare to the Bridgestone Tour B XS as I have been considering getting some of those to try, but I really like the CSX

I found a Titleist velocity matte green golf ball and put it in play for half a round yesterday. It was sort of fun playing that color, as green seems to be the matte color of most people's choice. The ball seems to fly decently and is easy to see. I would feel comfortable gaming this ball for casual golf or for tournament golf, although my favorite tournament golf ball is either tp5 or Srixon z-star in yellow.

Back