What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I've been using the Srixon Z-Star XV and wondering if I could potentially get more spin around the greens without sacrificing performance elsewhere. I do have the Maxfli Tour CG balls to try, but I decided I would try out Pro V1x and Bridgestone Tour B XS as well. At the latest, I'll try them early next season to see if I have a preference.

Couple balls today doing some testing. Chrome soft Truvis Stars and Stripes, Tour B RX and TP5. All really good balls, very similar distance wise. TP5 seems softest of the 3 to me and really like if off the putter. All have plenty of spin around the green and are good on approach shots.
More testing tomorrow with a different set that I like to use

Currently enjoying the CSX ball. Played it in the Ben Hogan Experience event and it performed nicely.

TP5x in nasty wind. It's a good ball. One shot got away from me in it, but it would have been more with some others. It's just an all around good ball for me. Does everything pretty well.

Tried the Titleust Tru Feel for the first time this week. I was pleasantly surprised! Played very well tee to green. Cost was pretty damn reasonable too!!

Played 6 holes each with Titleist Tour Soft, Srixon Soft Feel and Srixon Q-Star Tour.
All good balls, but seemed like the Tour Soft got just eaten alive against the wind. Soft feel did okay and the Q-Star was clearly better than both.
Tour Soft is a good ball around the green though and has some really good durability and visibility.

CS - doesn’t have spin of RXS around greens

I played the Srixon Q Star Tour for the first time today and really liked it. Good feel, appropriate spin for my game. Good ball!

Last edited:
Played Chromesoft X LS today and it performed very well.

Driver went well and I think I lost a little spin on the irons but the greens were so firm and fast I can’t be sure.

seemed to perform a lot for me the regular X ball

CS X LS. Long off tee, 🔥 off iron face nice spin with wedge great speed on green. Great ball!

I've been going back and forth between the TM Tour Response and the Srixon Q Star Tour the last few rounds. The Tour Response is probably 5-7 yards longer off the tee on average, but I'm a full club shorter on irons. The Q Star Tour is a little shorter off the tee, but I get my expected iron distances. Around the green, both are really good. I'll probably stick with the Q Stars for now.

I did try the TM TP5x, but I don't think I'm swinging fast enough for that one. Lost some distance across the board with that one. Really great around the green though.

Been playing ProV1 lately as I've not been losing as many balls lately, but when I start having a bad day, I keep a bunch of Kirkland (Costco) balls in the bag and switch to them! I found a Vice ProPlus on the first hole yesterday and decided to play it for a while until I lost it in the water on 14 but I really liked it. Good distance, not a bad feel, good spin into the greens. Might have to buy a few dozen of them for a better test.

Played a Srixon Soft Feel today for 9 holes. I wanted something bright to stand out in the leaves and something cheaper if it got lost in said leaves. I thought the ball performed well. I was about 10 yards shorter than average today but it could easily be because it was 44⁰ out. The ball had a good stable flight but what really surprised me was how well it held greens on the approaches and I even saw backspin a few times which is not a common occurrence for me. It's definitely a ball I'll be happy to game again

I played the Callaway Chrome Soft. I used to play the CS X a few years back. Performance has increased quite a bit. The course was really soft, so I expected little roll out. Driver distances were surprisingly good. Performance in the wind was good. Iron distances were spot on. The shocker came when I hit a 3/4 sand wedge and spun it back 4 ft. I typically hit a 2 hop and release partial wedge. It didn’t pop off the putter but felt like home. Best putt of the day went about 91’4” on a 92’ putt. Left it right in the heart for a tap in. Lots of good putts with it and distance control was so much better.

Played an executive course yesterday, where almost every hole was teeing off with an iron and trying to hit a postage stamp sized green. If you miss the green, you were looking at at 20-30 yard kind of chip shot to the pin. Same 2 shots all day.

I went between a Supersoft that I normally play and a Kirkland ball that I found in the rough. The Supersoft got noticeably higher off irons but couldn't hold the (steep and pretty fast) greens to save its life. The Kirkland got less iron distance but stopped much better with the lob wedge.

Decisions decisions, what tradeoff do I want.

Tour B RX and Chrome Soft today in 20mph winds. Both balls do well in the wind but the Chrome Soft is much better. I think the spin advantage goes to the Chrome soft around the green for me.

OnCore Elixr matte green. Same ball the entire round and it still looks pretty good. Durable.
26f43ac67e3c7a306dc10316e8f4fb6d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diablo Tour. Mainly playing it because it's fall and I don't want to lose a tour ball under leaves, but I could probably play this ball year round.

I played a Tour BXS yesterday as well as a CSX. I think the CSX is still the best ball for me currently but the BXS impressed me

I grab and play other balls here and there but keep coming back to the pro v1 (in visible yellow). It comes down to feel, esp. putting, and consistency. Good ball for me. I expect that if I formally went through ball fitting with a variety of options I might find a ball that does A or B better but doubt I would find a ball that does better across the board.

I have used a yellow Bridgestone e12 Soft for the last 27 holes.

Not going to make any big claims on performance or anything, but I kind of enjoyed it! Cover is as durable as I'd expect out of a Bridgestone and I had some good action where I needed it, and some flat launch where I wanted it.

Played a Tour B RXS today only because I needed a white ball with all the leaves on the course. (only white balls I had in the bag)
It is great off the tee, had some really long drives for me today. Feels good off the irons but a bit clicky sounding. Didn't care for it that much around the greens, seemed to roll out a bit more then I like.

The Chrome Soft and TP5 are both great. I have been going back and forth with both of these balls for the last week or two.

TP5X. great feel and performance for me.

Played a Vice Pro Plus last. It was my first Vice ball. I thought it performed great. Plenty long with not a ton of side spin off the tee. Nice soft landing on approach shots to hold the green. I'll definitely be using it again to see if I was just having a good ball striking day or if the ball is really that good of a match for me

Back